Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 10:20 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No one has ever thrown themselves at me. That I can recall.

Yes, depressed (untreated until later in my 20s), yes pimply (hello accutane), very bitter (which I took out at punk shows), etc.

It just happened. You hang out with people, hook ups happen (rarely for me in college, but they happened) and relationships sometimes sprung from them. Not often during those years (18-22 or so), but they happened. I can't even look at pics of me then. The horrid skin, bad wire glasses, gross hair, bad posture, gut hanging out... ugh.
Couple of things though:

These girls must of been incredibly drunk or desperate or both. And even still a depressed dude would be the type to stay at home jerkin it and not want to hang out. Either that or this flies in the face of everything people have been saying for years on this forum, including this very thread.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:26 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Couple of things though:

These girls must of been incredibly drunk or desperate or both. And even still a depressed dude would be the type to stay at home jerkin it and not want to hang out. Either that or this flies in the face of everything people have been saying for years on this forum, including this very thread.

Nope. Not drunk. I didn't actually drink in undergrad until senior year, and didn't hang with people that did party much. My junior year girlfriend I met in genetics class. We studied together, and then started making out, and then... it happens. All the time.

And maybe they were desperate if they went out with me. You might be right.

And there are loads of depressed people out and about doing things.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Nope. Not drunk. I didn't actually drink in undergrad until senior year, and didn't hang with people that did party much. My junior year girlfriend I met in genetics class. We studied together, and then started making out, and then... it happens. All the time.

And maybe they were desperate if they went out with me. You might be right.

And there are loads of depressed people out and about doing things.
Well if that can happen then that now former poster that everyone is addressing doesn't need to change a thing about his attitude.

Just put himself out there and have realistic standards.

Then again, given what I've seen in my life this was something I've always knew.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:31 AM

182 posts, read 118,796 times
Didn't read the whole thread, but any woman out there trying to convince themselves that they have it bad in the dating scene are kidding themselves or making excuses. Literally all you have to do is dress up provocatively and leave the house. Men, not so much. Even overweight and not terribly attractive women will have suitors. Again, not so much for guys.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:36 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterLover2 View Post
Didn't read the whole thread, but any woman out there trying to convince themselves that they have it bad in the dating scene are kidding themselves or making excuses. Literally all you have to do is dress up provocatively and leave the house. Men, not so much. Even overweight and not terribly attractive women will have suitors. Again, not so much for guys.
Yup, assuming we want just any guy who shows interest in our "provocative dress".

Nice try though.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:40 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
I wonder, who resurrected all of these threads?
MogwaiLover. Being a victim is his schtick, or someone must have gotten him wet or fed him after midnight (And yes, I know he's probably a fan of the band, not the gremlins.)

Old 02-29-2016, 10:41 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Well if that can happen then that now former poster that everyone is addressing doesn't need to change a thing about his attitude.

Just put himself out there and have realistic standards.

Then again, given what I've seen in my life this was something I've always knew.

Putting himself out there and having realistic standards WOULD require a change in his attitude.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Putting himself out there and having realistic standards WOULD require a change in his attitude.
That depends, does he want to get laid just to say he got laid?

Old 02-29-2016, 10:44 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post

True.

Maybe another difference between then and today was video games and the internet weren't big things. We never had internet in our dorms, it barely existed and we had to go to the library computer lab for it. Cell phones weren't a thing. I can't recall people really playing video games too much, some, but not all the time.

I guess we had nothing better to do than study and be social.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:44 AM

477 posts, read 276,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Yup, assuming we want just any guy who shows interest in our "provocative dress".
Again, it's like men are complaining about actually having NOTHING to eat while women are complaining about only having fast food to eat. You CAN see how a starving person might view someone looking down their nose at a Big Mac having a different take on their plight, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships