Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 07:57 PM

491 posts, read 402,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
That's a bit cynical. I'm not apologist for the OP, but he's a decent looking guy with an education and I'll take him at his word that his finances are in order. To say his abs are his greatest asset is a bit of a low blow, really.

My guess is he's more his own worst enemy than he realizes (most of us are). I think at some point he needs to consider: of all the women I've dated, what is the one common link that makes them alike? And while he's in that mirror taking those selfies the answer to that question is staring him in the face. With that critique offered, I still think it's a little underhanded to say his abs are his best asset, even in an OLD setting.
I'll agree with this assessment. What's keeping him from taking JUST ONE picture outside? Makes me wonder... Is it agoraphobia? Is he physically unable to go outside? Some kind of disease, allergic to the sun? Is he imprisoned in that bathroom?

Old 10-14-2015, 07:59 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
See, I didn't say that. What I'm saying is that the responses (most of them, not all) are not even addressing my actual problem.

If I came on here and had issues getting women PERIOD, then I would understand some of these "recommendations". You have some women responding in this thread talking about:

"Tucker99, hmph, you have a nice smile and nice body, hmph, maybe even have a little money, but hmph I could never respond to such an OLD profile with a guy with his shirt off."

Are you serious lol? That's not even how things work in the real world. A guy that's physically attractive with money, is going to attract women in GENERAL (like I do). So why would posters even make comments like this lol?
Yes. As serious as I am about not voting for that doucheb*g Donald Trump. You may attract women in general, just like similar women will attract men, but if she projects a different image it likely isn't the type of man (or woman) that is desired. Maybe the women with their sh*t together, who are attractive, educated, intelligent, good sense of humor, looking for something long term, aren't interested in something serious with you because you don't meet their criteria?

I would have and did bypass profiles like yours. Good-looks become rather meaningless if there isn't anything else that piques one's curiosity. For many, both men and women... of quality, looks don't mean sh*t if you can't or fail to back it up with something more than a car and a six pack. Can I have a conversation with a six pack? Nope. Don't think so. Do I mentally and intellectually connect with this six pack? Nah. Defined abs may be nice to ogle (for those into them... I've never been big on six packs), but what lies beneath the surface? What do you have that can draw the right woman to you?

What's true for many women is true for many men. Looks will get you some fun time in the sack, maybe flings and short term relationships, but if there isn't anything beyond that then why should the attractive, educated, financially stable women commit to you? Like others have stated, there is something about many millennials thinking that their fancy job and looks give them elevated status and those alone should be the ticket to attracting the "perfect" woman. They're not. A lot of late 20s and early 30s Millennials fit this demographic. You're not unique if those are the traits you're banking on securing the highly valuable or "perfect" woman.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:00 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Sometimes now Im older I get to observe younger guys with an unbiased eye.

The amount of young men I see checking themselves out in reflections - doesn't matter what it is, coffee pot or mirror or window - is quite bizarre.

OP you remind me of one of these guys.

Those women you dismiss because theyre not (whatever) enough? Those girls are friends with the really hot ones, and they talk.

Possibly about you. Possibly about your selfies. Possibly that sort of thing is off putting.

Just sayn....

May be you wont have anything to offer until you learn some humility or something.

Im speaking from experience here. I've learnt a lot over the last few years. I was a jerk for most of my 20s, that's for sure.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:00 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
I'll agree with this assessment. What's keeping him from taking JUST ONE picture outside? Makes me wonder... Is it agoraphobia? Is he physically unable to go outside? Some kind of disease, allergic to the sun? Is he imprisoned in that bathroom?
Don't even joke about that! It happens to some people!

Woman sits on boyfriend's toilet for 2 years - Health - Health care - More health news | NBC News

Old 10-14-2015, 08:01 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,427 times
Quote:
If it makes you feel any better I can't take a selfie to save my life. I don't consider that a bad thing.
That's only because you refuse to follow instructions

Old 10-14-2015, 08:04 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,260 times
Quote:
That's a bit cynical. I'm not apologist for the OP, but he's a decent looking guy with an education and I'll take him at his word that his finances are in order. To say his abs are his greatest asset is a bit of a low blow, really.
No, you misunderstood me. What I meant is that it's OLD. Visuals matter a lot for women. The OP has a fantastic build. He should show it off. I'm sure he would get nowhere near the amount of women he has by sticking to clothing that doesn't show his hard earned physique.

I also know that the OP does have his finances together from a finance thread. He's got a great build and money as well. He's got money and looks. No wonder he has high standards. Plus the amount of women he's probably slept with has made his standards go even higher.

Now I'm not agreeing with his stance, but just defending those who don't feel it's appropriate for him to take so many shirtless photos. If it gets him physical encounters, who can blame him?

Old 10-14-2015, 08:06 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Yes. As serious as I am about not voting for that doucheb*g Donald Trump. You may attract women in general, just like similar women will attract men, but if she projects a different image it likely isn't the type of man (or woman) that is desired. Maybe the women with their sh*t together, who are attractive, educated, intelligent, good sense of humor, looking for something long term, aren't interested in something serious with you because you don't meet their criteria?

I would have and did bypass profiles like yours. Good-looks become rather meaningless if there isn't anything else that piques one's curiosity. For many, both men and women... of quality, looks don't mean sh*t if you can't or fail to back it up with something more than a car and a six pack. Can I have a conversation with a six pack? Nope. Don't think so. Do I mentally and intellectually connect with this six pack? Nah. Defined abs may be nice to ogle (for those into them... I've never been big on six packs), but what lies beneath the surface? What do you have that can draw the right woman to you?

What's true for many women is true for many men. Looks will get you some fun time in the sack, maybe flings and short term relationships, but if there isn't anything beyond that then why should the attractive, educated, financially stable women commit to you? Like others have stated, there is something about many millennials thinking that their fancy job and looks give them elevated status and those alone should be the ticket to attracting the "perfect" woman. They're not. A lot of late 20s and early 30s Millennials fit this demographic. You're not unique if those are the traits you're banking on securing the highly valuable or "perfect" woman.
Whatever, fatty!

Old 10-14-2015, 08:06 PM

491 posts, read 402,596 times
OP, kudos to you, that profile is much better. LOVE the "message me if". Let us know how you do!

Old 10-14-2015, 08:09 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
No, you misunderstood me. What I meant is that it's OLD. Visuals matter a lot for women. The OP has a fantastic build. He should show it off.

I also know that the OP does have his finances together from a finance thread. He's got a great build and money as well. He's got money and looks. No wonder he has high standards. Plus the amount of women he's probably slept with has made his standards go even higher.

Now I'm not agreeing with his stance, but just defending those who don't feel it's appropriate for him to take so many shirtless photos. If it gets him physical encounters, who can blame him?
But his current approach isn't yielding desired results, and that's what he (and others) want, right? He hasn't attracted the type of woman he wants yet. Sure, he gets attention, just like women baring their cleavage in photos get a lot of attention, but if their profile states they want something serious and they're only looking for quality men, yet their photos say they're looking to bump uglies, that means their methods need to be revised.

That's just common sense.

Quote:
I'm sure he would get nowhere near the amount of women he has by sticking to clothing that doesn't show his hard earned physique.
Much like his hard-earned education? Why not demonstrate his intelligence or show there's more to him than his looks? What if the type of woman he wants also desires a man of high intellect? Not just a high earner, but intellect.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:10 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Whatever, fatty!

What does this mean? Why would you say this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships