Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 02:01 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,829,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Of course. He was a nice guy and we went out several times. I didn't stop seeing him because of his car. But since we're talking about cars in this thread, I'm just pointing out that I'm not impressed by cars.
It's damned if I do, damned if I don't lol.

If I completely changed my entire profile tomorrow with no shirtless pics, no mentioning of my degrees (which I find you guys saying that mentioning I graduated college is shallow is very stupid), and no car pics, you will find SOMETHING else to "hate" me on because that's pretty much the bottom line here........you just can't stand me.

Since page one on this thread, I've been constantly hit with all types of crap from you people:

- He's arrogant
- He's a show off
- He's looking for only the perfect dimepiece
- He looks like he's about to drop off a demo
- He's talking about his degrees to hide the fact he has a little ____
- He's bat crazy and needs to be admitted into a mental institution

I am being attacked like this, constantly, from ALL sides. For what? Huh? FOR WHAT?

I'm just a kid from Flint, MI who came up in poverty. I just busted my tail off, got through college through some side paid grants I found, got into a decent career, and save/invest my money. I also try to focus on working out/eating right.

What in the hell is the HATE for me coming from? Huh? I haven't did a god damn thing to any woman in real life nor on this thread....yet I'm constantly being attacked, attacked, attacked, for no god damn reason.

What is the problem????

Old 06-16-2016, 02:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Not everyone that owns an expensive and flashy guy is trying too hard. What's wrong with someone making a lot of money and enjoying it a little bit?
Now hold on there buckaroo, it hasn't been legal to own guys at any price point in many a spell.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:13 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Now hold on there buckaroo, it hasn't been legal to own guys at any price point in many a spell.
Hahahahaha!

Old 06-16-2016, 02:20 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post

If I completely changed my entire profile tomorrow with no shirtless pics, no mentioning of my degrees (which I find you guys saying that mentioning I graduated college is shallow is very stupid), and no car pics, you will find SOMETHING else to "hate" me on because that's pretty much the bottom line here........you just can't stand me.

Since page one on this thread, I've been constantly hit with all types of crap from you people:

- He's arrogant
- He's a show off

I am being attacked like this, constantly, from ALL sides. For what? Huh? FOR WHAT?

I'm just a kid from Flint, MI who came up in poverty. I just busted my tail off, got through college through some side paid grants I found, got into a decent career, and save/invest my money. I also try to focus on working out/eating right.

What in the hell is the HATE for me coming from? Huh? I haven't did a god damn thing to any woman in real life nor on this thread....yet I'm constantly being attacked, attacked, attacked, for no god damn reason.

What is the problem????
You quoted my post, but I'm not attacking you. I may not agree with your views but I think you should do whatever you want whether it be a vasectomy or posting car pics. As long as you're not hurting anyone else, I'm fine with it. As a black woman, I definitely don't agree with the things you've posted because I know I've never had an interest in thugs, but I rarely date black men anyway so I'm not your target audience.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:30 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,085,908 times
OP, I still think most of your problems stem from your location. I don't think you are nuts at all.

The waters where you find salmon and trout are different from those where you find catfish.

No need for you to date "baby mommas" like you are finding locally.

You ought to at least take a trip to DC. I think you would like it there, and would find *a lot* more suitable women to date.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:33 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
OP, I still think most of your problems stem from your location. I don't think you are nuts at all.

The waters where you find salmon and trout are different from those where you find catfish.

No need for you to date "baby mommas" like you are finding locally.

You ought to at least take a trip to DC. I think you would like it there, and would find *a lot* more suitable women to date.
As a former Metro Detroiter, this is kind of what I'm thinking. Yeah, OP could probably take a chill pill. But I always found it difficult to find quality women in Metro Detroit. You either have the trashy ones from the inner right suburbs, or you get the snobby ones from the north west burbs. I found dating to be significantly better when I moved to Denver.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:34 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
He's in Detroit?

If so, it makes perfect sense.

Usually I'd say a location change is an excuse, but in the OP's case, I would definitely recommend it big time.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:51 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
He's in Detroit?

If so, it makes perfect sense.

Usually I'd say a location change is an excuse, but in the OP's case, I would definitely recommend it big time.
Yeah. Technically Metro Detroit. I recommended a few places for OP to visit in the area based on my experiences when I lived there. But overall, I think the region is kind of a crapshoot when it comes to dating for young professionals. If I were him, I'd move to a hip, up-and-coming region. I think he'd have a heckuva lot better luck elsewhere if he has a good attitude about it.

I'd suggest places like:

NYC
Chicago
Boston
SoCal
Miami
Austin
Dallas
Denver
Seattle
Portland
Raleigh

Frankly, considering how much emphasis OP places on appearance and success, I think NYC or Miami would be ideal for him. I could totally envision him tearing it up on South Beach.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:59 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post

- He's arrogant
- He's a show off

What is the problem????
Was the bolded a reference to my post about how you're looking for a "babe" but without the "babe" attitude? That wasn't hate, or an accusation. It was an observation and a piece of advice. You made a post critical of women, saying that you keep running into the same set of problems with the women you're looking for. You said you're fed up with women, because there's no good ones out there, basically, who are educated/intelligent, but not golddiggers, fat, or single moms, etc.

Here's the thing. This is an advice forum. It really isn't a rant forum. So when someone posts a rant, people either a) yell "troll!" (you've been spared this), b) point out the OP's shortcomings or erroneous beliefs (lots of those around), or c) try to be constructive by going into advice mode. It's not hating or bashing to say to someone, "Well, if you keep getting the same results, try something different." Very practical and sensible, don't you think? That's all I was saying. And it's what some of the others are trying to say.

I didn't follow the entire thread, so I don't know where or if the degree criticism really came up. It's ok to specify one's level of education, there's nothing wrong with that. In fact. a lot of women look for that; if they have degrees, they tend to prefer to date men of roughly equivalent educational level. I see no problem with that. What I saw was a discussion about flashy cars, and how more down-to-earth women aren't into that. Which is true. Maybe what they're trying to tell you is that one reason you get gold-diggers (etc.) is because the flashy car attracts them...? Those posters were probably just trying to be helpful. If you weren't posting here for help and advice, you came to the wrong forum, tbh.

And btw, congratulations on your educational and life achievements. That's huge! Have you considered moving to NYC, or out West somewhere? You might have getter luck.

Old 06-16-2016, 04:00 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
And remember, just because Aurelia is your type, it doesn't mean you are her type.

There is nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean she dates thugs, or whatever nonsense is the concern.

Like everyone else, you just walk away.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships