Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 07:54 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There's a break in the logic here.

If we see hot chicks with men that aren't their equivalent and we see them pretty frequently, how is it that women "barely" care about looks less then men??? Couldn't we extrapolate that women might be a bit more forgiving in the looks requirements????

My whole life I've seen hot chicks with dudes and I've wondered what the hell.

I've hardly ever seen really studly looking dudes with sloppy looking women, of course it happens, but not nearly as much as the other way around.

And it often seems like the woman started our nice looking but let herself go after having children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 07:56 PM

405 posts, read 325,409 times
Quote:
There's a break in the logic here.

If we see hot chicks with men that aren't their equivalent and we see them pretty frequently, how is it that women "barely" care about looks less then men??? Couldn't we extrapolate that women might be a bit more forgiving in the looks requirements????

My whole life I've seen hot chicks with dudes and I've wondered what the hell.

I've hardly ever seen really studly looking dudes with sloppy looking women, of course it happens, but not nearly as much as the other way around.
Well, I just hardly see an attractive woman with an unattractive guy. I've of course seen it at times, but most of the time the woman is with a decent looking guy.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:57 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
And it often seems like the woman started our nice looking but let herself go after having children.
I think it's more a matter of having other significant things on her agenda.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
"Humble circumstances" is a euphemism for "low income," not psychological viewpoint. The person's circumstances are humble, not his personality.
Yeah, I wasn't thinking of it like that when I read it before.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:58 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
True.

I saw some woman today at the grocery store, big ol mamma, her and the hubby, both probably late 40's, but she was two tons of fun and the guy looked like he probably could have done better. She was sort of bitching at him about something, I could only hear a piece of the convo as a I walked by.

They probably have been married 20 yrs and he loves her and doesn't want to leave the woman he loves..... I can only assume, I could be way off base as I don't know them.

Last edited by Chowhound; 10-03-2015 at 08:20 PM..

579 posts, read 555,914 times
Women have the benefit of using different devices to look better. Makeup, hair, clothing can all make a difference in whether you perceive a woman as more attractive than her partner. I think if you saw these women without their hair and makeup done then maybe you would think differently. Of course there's also the notion that many attractive women marry wealthy, average-below average looking men. That's always a thing.

I also think that secretly many women enjoy being the more attractive one in the relationship. It makes them feel better and makes them believe their man is more faithful than some hot guy who has plenty opportunity to cheat.

388 posts, read 383,214 times
Quote:
I think it's more a matter of having other significant things on her agenda.
Such as?

Old 10-03-2015, 08:00 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
Well, I just hardly see an attractive woman with an unattractive guy. I've of course seen it at times, but most of the time the woman is with a decent looking guy.
If you're a woman, maybe it's because you're looking at those men through the same gender goggles those women are wearing and thus also see them as attractive, whereas we men would look at the same couple and wonder how that dudly (not studly) man made that hookup.

Quote:
Well, you quoted me saying "...although a man successful in any field can have the same effect" and then ignored that I said it.
So you're saying a guy that's average/below average looking that's making 40 grand a year but is successful in that particular field will still get the attractive woman?

388 posts, read 383,214 times
Quote:

They probably have been married 20 yrs and he loves her and doesn't want to leave the woman he loves..... I can only assume, I could be way off base as I don't know them.
Many assumptions but interesting nevertheless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships