Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 12:02 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
2015 is my year to get back in the dating game.

I've dated a police officer.....absolutely hot, intelligent woman. She got back with her ex-husband. Detective Boy. I won't go into that, as I'm in my second career. Let's just say I have more experience.

I dated a professor. She did things to me that no other woman has done. Never mind. She was good looking but kinda crazy. I don't need crazy right now. I married crazy.

I spent some time with someone that is an operator at a nuclear power plant. She had green eyes. I think her brain was green too.

I finally met someone that I really like, and my ego is trashed. Dang.
I'm here in AZ now (Paradise Valley). I find dating in Phoenix and surrounding areas pretty good (that's when I get time, of course) I toggle between here and Hawaii a couple times a year. Last woman I briefly dated worked as a lawyer for Sheriff Joe's department. The one before her a Psychologist, and before her an Engineer consultant. Nothing ever materialize with any of them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 12:29 AM
YAZ YAZ started this thread

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm here in AZ now (Paradise Valley). I find dating in Phoenix and surrounding areas pretty good (that's when I get time, of course) I toggle between here and Hawaii a couple times a year. Last woman I briefly dated worked as a lawyer for Sheriff Joe's department. The one before her a Psychologist, and before her an Engineer consultant. Nothing ever materialize with any of them
With a little professionalism behind you and some walkin' tall attitude....it's kinda easy around here. I'm just used to letting them down easy. Egocentric that I am, I'm bummed when a cute 'lil kitten shuns me.

My divorce kicked my arse, as I was so much in love with her....again....she was my age. I'm not trying to portray myself as some middle aged player hitting on Scottsdale kiddies. I'm looking for a gal in my age group that has her act together.

I have to be patient, and I realize that the common denominator is me. My divorce is not even a year old yet. That might be a part of the aforementioned common denominator.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:37 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Sounds like she wasn't interested or simply changed her mind. I 'ld move on.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:20 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
I totally get what you're saying. But, I think its chickens**t rude not to respond. Either say something has came up, or tell the person its not happening and move on.
Yep.

Sorry this is happening, Yaz. If she gets back to you, just be cool. Don't hold it against her. Hang in there.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:29 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Yaz, I feel for you. At our age, there is still the expectation that men might prefer to be in touch first, so women feel their options are limited: either we wait for the guy to contact us first, or we contact them and hope they weren't offended.

It sounds like you called her on the phone twice....maybe for your last ditch effort, you should email or text her? I'm shy about talking on the phone with people I don't know well.

Meanwhile, make immediate plans to go out with someone else. Just have fun, low expectations. That will ease the pain.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:01 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Personally, I would take this as she is not interested and move on. However, I suppose there is a chance something came up. In either case, I would not call her again as that's bordering on desperate. Two calls is more than enough, the ball is in her court now.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I'm 51 years old. Had a great date via a well known popular dating site. After the zoo, I asked her to call or text when she arrived home. She's 48, BTW...

Received the text that she got home OK. Good. Spoke to her briefly in the evening on the phone, and she confirmed that she would like to see me again.

That was Sunday.

Monday comes, and I call her. Left a message.

Tuesday arrives, left another message.

No response.

Number one, I certainly don't want to be a pest. But I'm kinda confused because we're both internet and cell phone savvy. I'm back in the dating game after a divorce, and so is she. Excuse me for being naïve about this, but back in my "courtship days", I'm used to getting some kind of response.

I'm attracted to her and respect her, but I think I'd be over the line to reach out to her a third time. Shall I let it go...........or pursue?
Wait for her.

Chances are when she is lonely she will call with some lame excuse. If it's more than a week from now don't message her back.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:38 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
I totally get what you're saying. But, I think its chickens**t rude not to respond. Either say something has came up, or tell the person its not happening and move on.
I do too. But, him behaving creepy and desperate will not change the fact that she has behaved rudely.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:10 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,337 times
Did she respond to your call promptly before your date? If yes she's probably not interested, or could be due to other reason she has no reply. Wait for few days if you want to give another try, 3 calls is not many times if she's interested in you.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:25 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,463 times
The whole "text me when you make it home" thing is kind of odd & fatherly. Maybe I'm just in a different demographic here, but I'd find that weird if someone asked me to let them know when I got home, provided she wasn't driving across state lines to see you or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships