Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2015, 03:29 PM

52,429 posts, read 52,981,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Well now that you mention it Chow, men do have their own issues. The truth is that we old ladies get why men want younger women b/c they really are better looking and. . . juicier, lol. We get it. We also know the younger women can be silly and play games and are much less likely to put up with pot bellies, baldness, and ED issues. So the men are kind of stuck--they know they could get more aroused with a younger prettier woman but if the old ED hits, they are very humiliated. Also, we only spend so much time in bed and the rest of the time you want someone you can talk to, so I'd imagine that men would like to have sex with 20 somethings and companionship with women their own age. That's our advantage.

A man shared with me recently too that the reason most men he knows want to date women under the age of menopause is that they often lose their sex drive after the hot flashes begin and don't want to have sex and there's no way to tell which woman is which so it'd be nice if we had a reasonable way to advertise that we have a sex drive lol. But then those of us who do have to be careful not to scare them off.
LOL, you wacky lady...

That conversation thing you mention is the main reason why I couldn't be with a much younger woman, and yeah, they might not be as mature as you say. The sex after menopause thing might be an issue for some guys, if the woman isn't into sex at all, but then again, I don't see a whole lot of 65 yr old men really wanting to knock it out multiple times a day anyways... I could be wrong of course.

I'm 46 and I just couldn't imagine being with a woman much younger than 40, I mean if you met some who was outside of my 'limits' and we really clicked I wouldn't hesitate, both directions, by the way.

I'm the age now where young women, low 20's they actually are starting to smile and be friendy to me, as I'm "safe" now that it's pretty clear that there isn't a real attraction to a guy my age, I mean maybe, but I know that when I was 22 I wouldn't have had much interest in a 46 old woman, so I imagine it goes both ways.

Plus as you've mentioned you're not in the sack that much really and I need a woman that is on par with me in all ways, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally, and has similar life experiences, I don't want to make a Seinfeld reference as I tend to do and get a blank stare......

Old 12-07-2015, 03:38 PM

10,929 posts, read 11,777,138 times
OP, you must be reading comic books.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:57 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,270,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm more into Valerie Bertinelli, but she's not really all that much older, probably 7 or 8 yrs older, I love her little pug face...LOL
Oh my goodness, she is just as cute as ever!

Old 12-07-2015, 04:19 PM

295 posts, read 308,598 times
No, no, I'm serious! Like, the magazines and the internet is full of it. Like, advising women to settle and to get a man fast, otherwise they will end up lonely. So I want to really know if it is just the typical sexism or if women do really have a hard time, once they reach a certain age.

I'm 31 and I really don't want to settle for someone. I mean, I'm more into looks. I don't care about a man's income and I don't like and never appreciated any man more than 3 years older than me. It is just not for me. At the moment I have an easy time dating, as guys of all ages are interested. But this is atm, who knows what will happen in the future. And I also don't click with most men, and somehow I'm fed up with dating. Don't know. Maybe I will get myself some cats. I like cats.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:21 PM

48,708 posts, read 35,181,558 times
I started dating at 42, a couple years after my first husband passed.

I agree with HC, as I was much pickier than when I was young. I knew what I liked and didn't like. I think there had to be less men, as a lot are married at that age, but there were still a lot to choose from the young to the old.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-07-2015, 04:22 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,867,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post
No, no, I'm serious! Like, the magazines and the internet is full of it. Like, advising women to settle and to get a man fast, otherwise they will end up lonely. So I want to really know if it is just the typical sexism or if women do really have a hard time, once they reach a certain age.

I'm 31 and I really don't want to settle for someone. I mean, I'm more into looks. I don't care about a man's income and I don't like and never appreciated any man more than 3 years older than me. It is just not for me. At the moment I have an easy time dating, as guys of all ages are interested. But this is atm, who knows what will happen in the future. And I also don't click with most men, and somehow I'm fed up with dating. Don't know. Maybe I will get myself some cats. I like cats.
Oh heavens, relax--you're only 31. As long as you're of childbearing age you're fine and I haven't had to buy a cat yet lol. Do remember that advertising is in the business of making people feel insecure so that you'll run out and buy their product.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:25 PM

37,807 posts, read 46,321,837 times
Quote:
Everywhere on the internet you find these blogs from men, who claim that women have a hard time dating once they turn 35 and are invisible to men after the age of 40.

So, women, what are your experiences? I mean,women who lived from 30 up to age 40, at least. Did dating became harder for you, just because of your age, even if you stayed in shape and took care of your looks?

Did you have a hard time finding a man later in life or, worse, have you finally settled just out of desperation? I'm really curious!
I never had any problems at all dating, no matter what my age. Internet blogs are nothing more that online vent rags. Most of that crap is nothing more than that - CRAP.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:25 PM

295 posts, read 308,598 times
I have to say I also look a lot younger, so most people think I'm 25. And I don't want kids. But all men nowadays want some... I just hope to find someone to share my life with. Me, my man and some cats.

I wonder if it is even possible to find someone who is really committed? I mean, most people nowadays change partners like trousers.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:28 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,591,022 times
Quote:
I have to say I also look a lot younger, so most people think I'm 25. And I don't want kids. But all men nowadays want some... I just hope to find someone to share my life with. Me, my man and some cats.

I wonder if it is even possible to find someone who is really committed? I mean, most people nowadays change partners like trousers.
Well of course I don't want kids ( yet ) and I like cats so I'm sure there's a few other good men closer to you than I am

Old 12-07-2015, 04:28 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,497,984 times
If it does, I think it is very subtle, at least for women in their 30s. Women in their 30s still have plenty of demand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.