Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 10:10 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
She just told us her father beat up her mother repeatedly and the police had to be called again and again.
Oh well as that wasn't in the OP........

I'll edit accordingly then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 10:22 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,187 times
I wasn't abused growing up at all. I was a very loved child. My dad and my mom ended and then she got with deadbeats. I got spanked but that's different I wasn't abused.

I don't go back to my abusers. They beat me a few times then I just stop seeing them and tell them to stay away from me. With the last guy I hung on for a bit longer because I liked the intimate stuff and I felt really alone. Plus I don't have any friends at work and then at home I'm only around kids and it's nice to have someone to talk to. I'm not stupid just that I was putting up with it because of the good stuff with him not the bad.

Most of my old friends have moved or are busy.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:05 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I wasn't abused growing up at all. I was a very loved child. My dad and my mom ended and then she got with deadbeats. I got spanked but that's different I wasn't abused.

I don't go back to my abusers. They beat me a few times then I just stop seeing them and tell them to stay away from me. With the last guy I hung on for a bit longer because I liked the intimate stuff and I felt really alone. Plus I don't have any friends at work and then at home I'm only around kids and it's nice to have someone to talk to. I'm not stupid just that I was putting up with it because of the good stuff with him not the bad.

Most of my old friends have moved or are busy.
Maybe you weren't abused, but you saw your mom being abused? That can affect how you see men, and the way you believe you should be treated.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:07 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
You are attracted to that type of guy. Go for guys who normally don't get your attention and attraction.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:08 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Oh well as that wasn't in the OP........

I'll edit accordingly then!
You are subconsciously attracted to men like your father who was an abusiness animal.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
You are subconsciously attracted to men like your father who was an abusiness animal.
Excuse me??? Think you quoted the wrong post?

I can't see how someone would be attracted to that type of person particularly if you have witnessed it first hand

Old 12-26-2015, 12:19 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Excuse me??? Think you quoted the wrong post?

I can't see how someone would be attracted to that type of person particularly if you have witnessed it first hand
That's exactly what happens

Old 12-26-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
That's exactly what happens
I have friends that were hit as children ( in a abusive way ) both men and women and because of their up bringing they treat their partners very well, because they KNOW what's it's like to be treated wrong

So I apologise but I WONT accept the above statement

Old 12-26-2015, 12:33 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Stop dating and go to counseling even because one of these men will eventually cross the line and really hurt you.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:01 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
I have friends that were hit as children ( in a abusive way ) both men and women and because of their up bringing they treat their partners very well, because they KNOW what's it's like to be treated wrong

So I apologise but I WONT accept the above statement
Not everyone who is abused ends up in an abusive relationship. However, if someone continually ends up with abusers, you can bet he or she came from some kind of abusive environment when growing up.

There is a reason I knew she came from that type of environment, even though I hadn't read the thread at the time I made that post. Things that are particularly traumatic for a person in childhood are almost always acted out in adulthood in some form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships