Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 03:55 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,786,605 times

Advertisements

A smart man does take background and career into consideration if they are looking for a LTR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 05:51 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,367,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Most guys don't have long laundry list. They generally care for appearance, personality and sexual compatibility.
Pretty much this^

Old 12-30-2015, 05:56 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,970,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Usually what you bring to the table.
Yeah! Something yummy and delicious!

Old 12-30-2015, 06:30 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,527 times
Quote:
Most guys don't have long laundry list. They generally care for appearance, personality and sexual compatibility.
For the most part, I agree with this.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:36 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlizecoo View Post
Also, please do not think I am talking to these guys just because they are successful or well off.. it just so happen it turned out that way
On a very loosely related note, your post reads very much like you are. Whether you intended it or not, I read your post and instantly thought "gold digger". I understand that listing these guys' credentials was related to your OP, but when reading your description of these guys, I definitely noticed what was listed and what was absent.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:42 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,126,613 times
Quote:
I used to believe this.. really believe this.

Then as my previous relationship approached LTR and I started to look at my life years ahead, I realized that it wasn't the life that I could sustain.... love (appearance, personality, compatibility) wasn't enough.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:50 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,545,599 times
Personally I wouldn't care in the slightest what her finances/background were as long as I liked her that's all that matters

From experience I dated one years ago that came from £££ and it caused more harm than good

Old 12-30-2015, 06:58 AM

19 posts, read 23,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
On a very loosely related note, your post reads very much like you are. Whether you intended it or not, I read your post and instantly thought "gold digger". I understand that listing these guys' credentials was related to your OP, but when reading your description of these guys, I definitely noticed what was listed and what was absent.
Well, like you said- listing these guys' credentials are related to my OP and these guy's credentials ARE the "problem factors". I could have included their looks, personalities, compatibility, etc but it would've been wayy too long. I'm hitting it off with both guys so far. Otherwise, I wouldn't be over thinking this too much.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:01 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,545,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Agreed!!!

That was my initial thought as well , don't get me wrong it's important to be successful in what you not necessarily for great wealth but just to enjoy the finer things in life ie holiday/vacation/nights out etc

Old 12-30-2015, 07:03 AM

19 posts, read 23,280 times
Quote:
Yes, that's what I'm getting at.. is it just a stereotype or is it really so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
Do you care about passion,electricity,love or is it just credentials for you,my gosh.
Not all women are this basic.
??
Of course I care about passion and love. If I didnt, why would I feel so intimidated.. I obviously feel very strongly for these guys. And yes, I care for credentials just as much. Since dating my low life ex that wasn't going anywhere in life, it changed my perspective. I need someone that's hard working, motivated, and can take care of his own finances. And then it just so happens that these 2 guys came into my life, now that I've got it, I'm second guessing if they will like me back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships