Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2016, 06:25 PM

204 posts, read 145,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
The point is that Al Q*aeda is a threat to our safety (not the ONLY threat - just A threat) - so there would be a point in really trying to understand them. One might be willing to look past insults and derogatory statements to get to the heart of the matter. Peace might be gained. I don't think that the same can be said about MGTOW. But please don't take that as a challenge to rise to the level of Al Q*aeda.
Yeah yeah yeah, I know all that. That's not what I asked him. That is your point, not mine.

Hey, if people can't handle a guy at a keyboard without splattering in a hundred different directions, and their only takeaway is that my tone and manner are just not pretty enough, then these people will never get their answers. You gotta roll up your sleeves in this life and dig into things. Or live in blissful hypnosis. Your choice. No harm, no foul.

BTW, it was already in the news years ago why Al Q*aeda hates us. Specifically, what America did that got bin L*aden pissed off that resulted in 911. You can probably search online. I ain't gonna serve it up on a platter to those who have been kicking me. So don't anybody ask me. Use your favorite search engine, the one that you think brings it right to your door.

Last edited by sylvianfisher; 02-11-2016 at 07:43 PM..

Old 02-11-2016, 06:26 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,480,556 times
Quote:
I dont even think its something that really requires much skill or is really worthy of admiration frankly,
I'm in full agreement.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:29 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,215,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
Yeah yeah yeah, I know all that. That's not what I asked him. That is your point, not mine.

Hey, if people can't handle a guy at a keyboard without splattering in a hundred different directions, and their only takeaway is that my tone and manner are just not pretty enough, then these people will never get their answers. You gotta roll up your sleeves in this life and dig into things. Or live in blissful hypnosis. Your choice. No harm, no foul.

BTW, it was already in the news years ago why Al Qaeda hates us. Specifically, what America did that got bin Laden pissed off that resulted in 911. You can probably search online. I ain't gonna serve it up on a platter to those who have been kicking me. So don't anybody ask me. Use your favorite search engine, the one that you think brings it right to your door.
That's not my ONLY take away - that's just ONE take away.

I don't believe I've asked you to look up anything for me... And I'm probably not going to start now. But just for the record, if you identify yourself with a certain movement, and the main things that pop up for that movement online are pretty crappy - why would you be surprised if people think the movement is pretty crappy?

Old 02-11-2016, 06:34 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,213,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Women are responsible for the downfall of civilization.

Gentlemen, respect the V.

The evils caused by women started with Eve, so the rest of this is to be expected.
Oh good golly miss Molly!
Men get more with age, while older women get the go-behind. I had to lean to deal with it, we all have to. No biggy really.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
That's not my ONLY take away - that's just ONE take away.

I don't believe I've asked you to look up anything for me... And I'm probably not going to start now. But just for the record, if you identify yourself with a certain movement, and the main things that pop up for that movement online are pretty crappy - why would you be surprised if people think the movement is pretty crappy?
My bad. I wrote "you" as in the collective "you" (meaning "anyone") and went back to change it to "everybody" but by that time you had already captured my original text into your reply, so I let it be.

No, I'm not surprised at all. In the case of MGTOW, I dropped in to clarify because of exactly what you are saying. Neither am I surprised at some of the responses. I am slightly, what's the word here... amused?...no not that, it's the feeling when all you can do is shake your head... when people in this thread don't know when they are overdue to exit the thread. They stick around to tell people they cannot hear any more of it, or learn anymore, or to ask what's the point. I read 24 pages of this thread before I even posted once. So that I might post something relevant. But these folks seem to walk into a thread and complain. Or ask why is this still a topic. I can ignore them easily, and I do, but those are the kind of folks that don't know what to do with themselves.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:49 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,770,942 times
Fascinating twist to this thread (the Islamic terrorist part)!

Since the topic was broached, I can't help asking something along related lines, what I've been wondering for years: why isn't it that sexually-frustrated Western young men aren't radicalizing, converting in droves to the most unrelentingly radical form of Islam, and joining Daesh? After all, if you're really frustrated with Western social norms and Western gender roles, then it is the West itself that must be destroyed, no?

Old 02-11-2016, 06:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,215,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
My bad. I wrote "you" as in the collective "you" (meaning "anyone") and went back to change it to "everybody" but by that time you had already captured my original text into your reply, so I let it be.

No, I'm not surprised at all. In the case of MGTOW, I dropped in to clarify because of exactly what you are saying. Neither am I surprised at some of the responses. I am slightly, what's the word here... amused?...no not that, it's the feeling when all you can do is shake your head... when people in this thread don't know when they are overdue to exit the thread. They stick around to tell people they cannot hear any more of it, or learn anymore, or to ask what's the point. I read 24 pages of this thread before I even posted once. So that I might post something relevant. But these folks seem to walk into a thread and complain. Or ask why is this still a topic. I can ignore them easily, and I do, but those are the kind of folks that don't know what to do with themselves.
See - this post is a good example of what Timber and I are talking about. You are CLEARLY insulting me. But somehow, it's like you think that you are showing your superiority when you are basically just insulting me. And I'm okay with that - but it's like you think we can't see it.

And once again - just to make this clear - I never told anyone to go away. I told you to go your own way - meaning it's no skin off of our back if you continue to identify with this "movement." So although some people got their panties in a bunch - it wasn't my version of saying shut up. It was my version of saying that you are free to do what you want to do - nobody is going to try to stop you.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:57 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,474,545 times
The thing is the MGTOW "movement" did not start out to be full of the undesirable creeps in life.

It was never conceived to be a lonely hearts club. It was made as an anti movement against how radical the female movement was becoming and the influence it had on things that would disregard the male side in change. It essentially was a statment of intent that equality did not mean ignoring one sides rights and no man would allow social pressure and the orientation of laws that had yet to reform to keep them from living they way they chose to. Instead of "working with what's given" it was outright rejected for the above reasoning.

Some people who identify with "the movement" are not hostile or do they hate females. They hate the position they are put in by wanting to be with a woman. They don't want pity, they do not want violence they simply want what the other side wants with no special treatment...

A level playing field.

In recent years it has turned in to everything the Internet has allowed all these social and gender movements to become, a ****show for anyone who wants to make a buck on those who want to buy in or those who wants to be angry at things out of their direct control to focus their anger on towards something

I understand why so many misguided flock to these things and why ultimately what starts out as something worth a serious look turn south quick....but yah.

It is what it is at this point. The waters are so muddied that it is hard for anyone jumping to tell how deep they actually are and all the passer by sees is a dirty pond and keeps walking

The spin doctors and misguided all did what they do best resulting in an absolute mess so no defined direction, Just a ton of branching pathways

Last edited by rego00123; 02-11-2016 at 07:24 PM..

Old 02-11-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Fascinating twist to this thread (the Islamic terrorist part)!

Since the topic was broached, I can't help asking something along related lines, what I've been wondering for years: why isn't it that sexually-frustrated Western young men aren't radicalizing, converting in droves to the most unrelentingly radical form of Islam, and joining Daesh? After all, if you're really frustrated with Western social norms and Western gender roles, then it is the West itself that must be destroyed, no?
You sound serious in your question. So, what has been your best theory thus far on why Western young men have not been doing this? Be serious, please, and not funny or sarcastic. I want to see if you have invested any serious effort on your own to find your answer. Plus, I'd want to see what you came up with.

Thank you.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
See - this post is a good example of what Timber and I are talking about. You are CLEARLY insulting me. But somehow, it's like you think that you are showing your superiority when you are basically just insulting me. And I'm okay with that - but it's like you think we can't see it.

And once again - just to make this clear - I never told anyone to go away. I told you to go your own way - meaning it's no skin off of our back if you continue to identify with this "movement." So although some people got their panties in a bunch - it wasn't my version of saying shut up. It was my version of saying that you are free to do what you want to do - nobody is going to try to stop you.
Wow. Point out what I said that insulted you, please.

I wrote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships