Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 09:07 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Best dating site I've used. Met some amazing people. I found the matching system great, I never had a bad conversation with anyone I was a 95% + match with. Met several people I dated, and even more I've become good friends with. Only site I found as good was The Onion personals which had a very small pool and was short lived.\

And I know several couples that have gotten married from OKC. Two people I dated did so, one was her first OKC date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 09:08 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
My husband and I met on OKC.

Website, not app. There wasn't an app when we met.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:26 PM

11,061 posts, read 12,452,032 times
My gf and I of 1 year met through Okc. Haven't been on that site since we started dating, but I remember it as much better than other similarly oriented sites/apps, especially for the cost of nothing (except time). I used Tinder before that to try to find hookups, then got over it fast. Okc seems to be way more relationship oriented.

If you write a decent profile yourself and have a solid idea of the kind of person you like, and post 3-4 well chosen photos (no selfies, not overtly sexual, but rather looking clean and friendly, maybe a picture with your friends) it won't be too hard to get dates. Avoid cliches. I actually spent a decent amount of time going through other guys' profiles before writing mine. Helps you to not seem like everyone else. You'll notice that a lot of guys and girls on okc seem all the same by their profiles- don't fall into that trap!

Also, you get what you put into it. You're not going to find the perfect person in a day, or a week, or a month probably. You should make the profile with reasonable expectations as part of a long term "casting the net" to find someone compatible. If you're really desperate, it's probably not a good idea. Be happy with yourself first, allow a few months, check in occasionally (you don't have to compulsively check your messages every few hours) and chill. Go on as many dates as you feel comfortable with. Some are fun, some are awkward (hopefully you'll avoid terrible ones) but they all give you something to consider and something to work on.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:21 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
I had the WORST experience ever on it. Match and POF (ironically right?) i didn't really have to deal with inappropriateness. On OKC it was some serious inappropriate stuff, men checking up on me after dates, lots of pressure to jump into relationships immediately..and just all around very unstable people on there. Not sure why all the unstable men were drawn to that site but wow...it got scary at times. I will never use it again.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:21 AM

347 posts, read 425,541 times
Never had any luck on OkCupid. Still have friends from Plenty of Fish and two great second dates from Tinder, of all places!

Old 02-10-2016, 11:26 AM

156 posts, read 318,098 times
Can't say I ever had a good experience with it. First off, in my area, women on the site are few and far between and to make it even worse, several were ghost profiles. Other than that, it basically turned into an endless cycle of sending out messages over and over again, but very rarely getting a reply back. Every once in a while, I would be able to talk to someone to the point where we swap numbers and meet up in person at some point. However, the vast majority of the time if I got a reply back, they would pretty much just use curt, pissy one/two word answers where it was clearly obvious they had no interest in talking but oddly enough responded back to me. That's just my experience with the site though.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:47 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
It's been the worst out of any site/app i've used. I've had numerous messages with girls that died after one response back. I'm pretty sure that the attractive girls on there are getting millions of emails to the point they cant even respond to any normal message. I've probably sent over a 150 messages and maybe have gotten 4-5 responses back. Dont have too much faith in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships