Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 09:06 PM

417 posts, read 595,325 times

Advertisements

I think many people in western cultures have are older in their 40s and never in a relationship but people don't want to think about it and it doesn't sell. It isn't sexy. Unfortunately they are missing out on a large group of people. The US just ignores singles. Our laws are very anti single especially for women. We are very antiquated like that. Most of these people would love to be married but the older you get the harder it gets.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:31 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,913,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
I think many people in western cultures have are older in their 40s and never in a relationship but people don't want to think about it and it doesn't sell. It isn't sexy. Unfortunately they are missing out on a large group of people. The US just ignores singles. Our laws are very anti single especially for women. We are very antiquated like that. Most of these people would love to be married but the older you get the harder it gets.
Really? How are the laws "anti-single" for women?

Old 02-12-2016, 09:43 PM

Laws are also anti single for men as well in the US. I was thinking of older women but women and men that have never been married in the us are hindered by laws and tax codes that only help married people.

Last edited by Muffy1; 02-12-2016 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-14-2016, 12:42 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,783,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yes, I think people accept that 0.3 percent is not zero.

I think it is disingenuous of you to say that no woman has ever wanted you because you have in fact said that women have been interested in you. Just not the ones YOU want.

Why you would lie to generate more pity for yourself is just baffling to me though. You must get something out of the self-flagellation.
I don't count the ones who are interested in me that I have no interest in. What good is that to me? I don't think I'm asking the world for one person to have interest in me that I would actually have interest back in. I don't know why that is so "baffling".

Old 02-14-2016, 01:18 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,757,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I don't count the ones who are interested in me that I have no interest in. What good is that to me? I don't think I'm asking the world for one person to have interest in me that I would actually have interest back in. I don't know why that is so "baffling".
It's baffling because THIS:

Quote:
Can it just be accepted that there are men out there that women just don't want no matter what the man does? Hell, I'm probably one of them.
Sounds like you are looking for pity. I'm sorry, it just does. Ask other posters.

It is baffling because I do not know what would make a person want to look even more pitiful before others by lying?

You are not a man that women don't want. You said yourself, you just don't count the ones that you are not attracted to because those women are "no good to you."

Honestly, your whole personality and demeanor are just strange to me.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:32 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,217,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Can it just be accepted that there are men out there that women just don't want no matter what the man does? Hell, I'm probably one of them.
Not only that but it's not even anyone's business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Conversation View Post
I am worried because she is my sister. I am interested because I have never met anyone who never had any type of physical or mental or emotional relationship by that date.
Assuming that this is real and not made up, she is a fully grown woman and you don't control her. Be glad she is not strung out on drugs or with a violent controlling psychopath with anger issues.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:37 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,411,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Not only that but it's not even anyone's business.

Assuming that this is real and not made up, she is a fully grown woman and you don't control her. Be glad she is not strung out on drugs or with a violent controlling psychopath with anger issues.
This.

I get that the OP likely means well, but this isn't something that he can really help his sister with.

Only exception could be is if he knew a good person that was interested in his sister, then maybe he could try to set them up or something (assuming his sister wants a relationship that is).

Old 02-15-2016, 04:44 AM

179 posts, read 295,892 times
My cousin (female) is in her late 30s, and as far as I know, has never had a boyfriend. She's neither a loser nor socially awkward. She's a doctor (a pediatrician); very smart - she graduated from college magna c u m laude and from med school with honors; has a lot of friends, mostly MD's like her; confident; neither obese nor unattractive; and very kind. In fact, she's probably the kindest among all my cousins, and almost all of them are kind. It is a mystery why she has always been single. The only reason I can think of is that she doesn't want anything to get in the way of her career ambitions as an MD, and she probably believes romance is the one thing that can get in her way.

Maybe your friend/acquaintance is the same way?

Old 02-15-2016, 09:59 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,178,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl10000 View Post
My cousin (female) is in her late 30s, and as far as I know, has never had a boyfriend. She's neither a loser nor socially awkward. She's a doctor (a pediatrician); very smart - she graduated from college magna c u m laude and from med school with honors; has a lot of friends, mostly MD's like her; confident; neither obese nor unattractive; and very kind. In fact, she's probably the kindest among all my cousins, and almost all of them are kind. It is a mystery why she has always been single. The only reason I can think of is that she doesn't want anything to get in the way of her career ambitions as an MD, and she probably believes romance is the one thing that can get in her way.
Well, even if she's never had a boyfriend, based on your description of her I'm guessing she's probably at least had sex at some point.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:59 AM

Doctors have extremely demanding jobs with ever increasing amounts of stress. The medical field is not conducive to raising a family or even finding anyone. It used to be a good occupation but physicians are treated like people that work in a call center which is a disgrace considering the amount of time, money and energy required to be a doctor. Due to the stress of being a physician their life span is 7 years less than the average person and suicide is rampant at least in the US. Pharmacy is in the US isn't what it used to be either. Due to the number of pharmacy schools that opened the market is saturated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships