Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 07:03 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Biggest part is hubby banging his head against the wall! LOL
When I was married, I remember finishing up the work day and dreading going home. I'd think to myself, what's she going to have a problem with tonight? Did they cancel her favorite show? Did the neighbors look at her funny? Did a co-worker of her's tick her off?

This husband must have those nights. Lol.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:04 AM

161 posts, read 105,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If I were his mother I wouldn't allow him to use it. I would make him give it back, and he would be making payments to my parents until he paid off the repair cost.
Paid off with what? The son doesn't want to work cause he'd have to walk a mile down the street and mommy thinks he's too good to ride public transit.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:04 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,657,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
Well, hubby is mad again. He gets home from work last night and within a few minutes my son is driving up in my parent's other car. Yes, they put a new motor in it and gave it back to him. He said that he can't believe that they would give him the car back after he destroyed the engine because he wouldn't change the oil. He told my son that under no circumstances did he want to see the maintenance take a back seat on that car. He didn't even want to see a headlight out. My son asked him "what about when (insert name) comes home from school and she has the car back?" My husband told him that he is driving the car scott free and she shouldn't have to pay to get that oil changed. He needs to call her and tell her to bring it by the house so he can change it.

Yes, my parents put a new motor in the car and gave it back to him.
What is wrong with you? If you're so resentful of your husband, and after reading your numerous threads about him it certainly appears so, then just leave him. Good God woman all you do is complain about him. We get it that your son is an angel while your husband is your personal punching bag. Just leave.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:05 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwebster View Post
Paid off with what? The son doesn't want to work cause he'd have to walk a mile down the street and mommy thinks he's too good to ride public transit.
Yeah, the no job thing wouldn't be happening either.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:38 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,649 times
I bet he refuses to let you wear his underwear also.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:56 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
My husband thinks like you. When he didn't have a car mine was the primary vehicle. We bought groceries in it and did everything else so he says that I don't need his truck just to go grocery shopping. What about people who don't have trucks or SUVs, they still go grocery shopping so he doesn't see why I need or want to just drive his truck to work only to park it in the parking lot all day.
You husband is tried of seeing you and his step-children showing no regard for his property. This isn't about a truck, substitute the truck for any possession your husband doesn't want ruined. I don't blame him, he is the only adult running the show.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:09 AM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
A Mountaineer isn't a truck and really not all that safe in collisions.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:12 AM

161 posts, read 105,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A Mountaineer isn't a truck and really not all that safe in collisions.

Name any vehicle and I assure you there's someone who will say it's not safe. The issue is that this guy loves his truck/SUV/whatever and he doesn't want his wife or her son to drive it.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:13 AM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwebster View Post
Name any vehicle and I assure you there's someone who will say it's not safe. The issue is that this guy loves his truck/SUV/whatever and he doesn't want his wife or her son to drive it.
I drive an F-350 and the Mrs. wants nothing to do with it

I wish my biggest concern in my day was not being bored. Something "different".

Old 03-31-2016, 08:14 AM

91 posts, read 119,156 times
My husband hasn't even let my son crank up or even sit in the driver's seat of his truck much less drive it. He let's his daughter drive it cause he's trying to get his daughter comfortable with driving it. She's been trying to get her license. But with her being away in college she hasn't really had the time to go to the DMV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships