Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 07:42 AM

1,166 posts, read 755,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Your husband bought the truck with his own money and it is titled in his name. You have your own car. Let him have ONE thing to himself without arguing about it with him. Cut the poor guy some slack, please!

When you are married, there shouldn't be "your own money". It is a 50/50 partnership, what's mine is yours, etc.

If your spouse won't let you drive "their" vehicle, they have some control issues they need to work on.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:53 AM

308 posts, read 446,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
When you are married, there shouldn't be "your own money". It is a 50/50 partnership, what's mine is yours, etc.
I thought the saying was, "What's his, is hers, What's hers, is hers."

Old 03-30-2016, 07:53 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:

If your spouse won't let you drive "their" vehicle, they have some control issues they need to work on.
Or he just doesn't want her driving it or giving it to her son. Even in marriage there are some things you can say no to as hard as it is to believe.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:57 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromNY View Post
I thought the saying was, "What's his, is hers, What's hers, is hers."
What's mine is yours, what's yours I don't want.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:05 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times
I'm still trying to figure out why someone needs to "change" vehicles once in a while. It's not like its a pair of underwear.

My husband drives his truck. We've had it more than 10 years. I can count on one hand the number of times I've driven it.

This would not even be an issue in my marriage.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:13 AM

91 posts, read 119,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why someone needs to "change" vehicles once in a while. It's not like its a pair of underwear.

My husband drives his truck. We've had it more than 10 years. I can count on one hand the number of times I've driven it.

This would not even be an issue in my marriage.

What's wrong with just wanting to drive something different once in a while. He acts like I'm going to damage his "precious" truck. Yes, I'm one to believe that what's your is mine and what's mine is yours. It's called a marriage. My husband, on the other hand, feels that his truck is his and my car is mine. He says he has no desire to drive my little car because he has trouble getting in and out of it and he always has to readjust the seats and mirrors. Then on the few occasions I have driven his truck (only because he was working on my car) he says that when he gets back in his truck he's got to readjust the seats, mirrors, radio, etc. I just want to ride high every now and again. No, I don't want to alternate vehicles every other week but if I only want to drive it to work once a month is that asking too much?

Old 03-30-2016, 09:15 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Let him have ONE thing to himself without arguing about it with him. Cut the poor guy some slack, please!
This ^. Lol.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:18 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
What's wrong with just wanting to drive something different once in a while. He acts like I'm going to damage his "precious" truck. Yes, I'm one to believe that what's your is mine and what's mine is yours. It's called a marriage. My husband, on the other hand, feels that his truck is his and my car is mine. He says he has no desire to drive my little car because he has trouble getting in and out of it and he always has to readjust the seats and mirrors. Then on the few occasions I have driven his truck (only because he was working on my car) he says that when he gets back in his truck he's got to readjust the seats, mirrors, radio, etc. I just want to ride high every now and again. No, I don't want to alternate vehicles every other week but if I only want to drive it to work once a month is that asking too much?
I don't really think you know what marriage is, to be honest.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:20 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:

This woman has already had her son a vehicle up, under HER watch. If I put hours of work into a car I purchased, the last thing I'm going to do is let someone touch it who was indirectly responsible for one ruined vehicle already. Aside from a massive emergency this dude should have a right to determine who he feels comfortable with letting use that vehicle.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:22 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post

If you lived alone you wouldn't have the option to drive something different once in awhile. You bought the car you wanted. If you want to "ride high" then buy yourself that kind of vehicle. Or get a lease next time. MOST people drive the same car day in and day out for years. It has nothing to do with how one defines marriage.

Again, I think this is just a whole bunch of fluster over absolutely nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships