Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 11:18 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Many, many times. In fact, this has happened for me more often than immediate attraction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 11:19 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
And they're all single.
Meh, its easy to not be single if you don't want to be. It's hard to not be single with the right person.

Its not about love at first sight, but I don't know why anyone would purposely spend time with someone and have romantic intentions toward them if they don't feel any chemistry with them. It just doesn't make sense to me.

If it happens organically without realizing it, that is great, but it isn't realistic in the modern world. There is no place outside of work (not acceptable to date there) where I spend time with the same person or people week after week after week, and there likely never will be. Not socializing (even then, dating a friend of a friend is a no go in my book, and how often would one see such a person without making the effort to say "invite so and so", once every couple of months?), not at a club, not through volunteer efforts or alumni group actions... no where.

The largest amount of people that I know that married and/or have LT s/os met and had instant chemistry that they explored, often immediately.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:22 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
Quote:
And they're all single.
Not me.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:27 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
And they're all single.
Is that a problem? You aren't supposed to give every single human that crosses your path a date and being single is not like having a deadly disease.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 03-31-2016 at 11:41 AM..

Old 03-31-2016, 11:36 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,083,811 times
Yes, I've had that happen to me a couple of times.

In fact, the person I am most interested in right now is a prime example of that. I met her almost nine years ago at a bar, and I really wasn't interested. We've sort of done a mutual dance over the years ... she would disappear for a while, then come back again.

About a year ago she came back again after being gone for a year, and we hit it off again. Now we're spending a few hours with each other every week, and our interactions are getting more and more intimate.

Will we end up dating? Who knows? I just enjoy her company. But part of me hopes so. I like her. :-)

Old 03-31-2016, 11:45 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Nope. People are people, not fungus that grows on surfaces.
lol! I think that when the Diss finally gets married, or at least--committed to someone, we should all be invited to the ceremony.

Just yanking your chain, Diss.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Is that a problem? You aren't supposed to give every single human that crosses your path a date and being single is not like having a deadly disease.
I think people on this forum expect you to ask out every woman you see or else you'll be single forever. I don't ask out every woman I see in public because I'm not attracted to most women I see. Lord knows we don't have anything else to do lol.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:14 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
I see it happen within my office damn near everyday of the week.
I have experienced others attach themsleves to me without any motivation or actions on my end as well.

I view it as nature selection at work and a reminder we are all animals at the end of he day. Proximation plays a huge role in what we attach oursleves to.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:22 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
By that I mean at first meet, he or she is, well, just another person. You've most likely never looked at them a second time - even if you did, you friend-zoned the person..
But as time passes, you find yourself becoming interested in him or her. slowly. Before you realize it, you're striking up a conversation, getting to know them better. Eventually, you're asking them out to coffee, lunch, or even dinner.

Experiences?
Yes. In fact I just saw her today. When I first met her, I didn't see her in that way, but she was the one that has always came to me and was there for me.

Something in her personality and all of the times I'm doing things for her is what made me fall for her. I'm a provider at heart.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:24 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Another misleading title, how disappointing. I was hoping for juicy stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships