Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 01:53 PM

454 posts, read 310,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushsawyer View Post
I receieved a text from this girl I have been dating about half an hour ago 2:22 central time

The text from her simply said "good morning"

I replied "don't you mean afternoon? lol"

She texted back after a few minutes "I just woke up. Thats why I said good morning. I hate when people try to fix what I'm saying. It's annoying!"

I just sat there and ignored it and didn't reply.

Should I say something?
There's a lot of overthinking going on here. Just ignore it and move along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 02:11 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
I've said Good Morning to people in the afternoon on purpose just to be funny. Also, when I get on the phone or see someone I haven't seen in a really long time, I always say, "Hey, haven't seen you in a couple of days! How are things?" If my bf corrected me when I was deliberately trying just to be funny, it would totally annoy me. At that point I would realize that he doesn't get me or my sense of humor and I'd have to reevaluate where this relationship was going. I'd rather be with someone who understands that I like to be silly and don't need him being a debbie downer with his grammar nazism.
This is ironic, because he was trying to make a joke and she was the one who didn't get it.

Old 04-18-2016, 05:49 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,312 times
Or maybe she just woke up and didn't want to be scolded.

I mean the bottom line is that this particular situation is a non entity until or unless it happens all the time in which case then it's time to address the obvious communication problem between the 2 of them.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:00 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:

I mean the bottom line is that this particular situation is a non entity until or unless it happens all the time in which case then it's time to address the obvious communication problem between the 2 of them.
He didn't scold her and I'm assuming that he didn't know she had just woken up until she told him. If someone texted me "Good morning" at 2:30 in the afternoon, I probably would've made a joke about it too. The OP did nothing wrong.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:

Seriously? Scolded?

This is what I mean about taking benign crap and elevating it to epic proportions.

I agree with you that there are communication problems between the two of them, but it is hard to communicate or even want to communicate when you can predict that the slightest comment will send someone off the reservation.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:08 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,653 times
I think I texted this exact thing (minus the "lol," I'm no teenager) to my girlfriend a few days after we met. She worked nights at the time.

Turns out it didn't dissuade her from marrying me.

If this girl is that high-strung, imagine your life a year down the road. You need someone who can take a bit of ribbing.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:01 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This is ironic, because he was trying to make a joke and she was the one who didn't get it.
It seems she was the one making a joke (aware it was afternoon) and HE was the one who didn't get it, becoming serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
If this girl is that high-strung, imagine your life a year down the road. You need someone who can take a bit of ribbing.
I will say again, I don't think she was being "high strung", it seems that she gently upon arising greeted him - then became put off as he remarked back with the obvious.

I am seeing how each of us reflects one side or the other, but we don't know either of them, what the tone was or what may have actually been said. Maybe he is always exacting or technical in his manner which could get old. As I said, another may not have reacted that way.. yet another female may have let that go too.. just asking how his day is going, etc.

It's funny how some seemingly slight difference in personality can and does affect things. For instance, I am pretty easygoing and prefer that others are also, which allows for interactions to flow easily, rather than creating resentment, by one always correcting or differing with the other.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
It seems she was the one making a joke (aware it was afternoon) and HE was the one who didn't get it, becoming serious.

other.

It sounded like (and he said) he was joking back.

And why would she rant about being corrected if she was joking? Weird joker.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:01 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Interesting how many are jumping on the guy for a seemingly innocuous response.

We don't know the exact context of the situation. How long have they been dating, and what is their relationship like.

Anyways, a little joke doesn't seem like something to get all bent out of shape for. If I were dating someone that couldn't take a simple joke, might be better off looking elsewhere. Do you really want to spend any more time with someone that seems to have a chip on their shoulder?
No kidding. I've done what the OP has done before too and most don't care or just follow back with "punk" LOL. They correct me when I make mistakes too. At the least it's friendly banter. At worst you really are annoying her. Text is also a good way to nitpick like the OP did, and she nitpicked too. Oh dear...

Old 04-20-2016, 09:59 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
You did enough for today...
HAHA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships