Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:24 PM

749 posts, read 856,406 times

Advertisements

I can't help but think that her husband is denying having kids with her because deep inside he grew out of love for her and is just using the "I don't want kids" as an excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 11:32 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
I can't help but think that her husband is denying having kids with her because deep inside he grew out of love for her and is just using the "I don't want kids" as an excuse.

It's possible, but it's also not really your concern. I'd be careful in how you tread this issue.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:02 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
...Do you people can/should stay married in such case?
If they want to.

[]

Old 05-14-2016, 01:16 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times
Quote:
My friend is this pretty girl, she met her se in 2004 and they got married in 2013. They are now both in their mid thirties. The other day I was asking if they had any plans for having kids. She answered it would be something that probably would never happen since her husband doesn't want kids. She elaborated about it, how much her parents were expecting to have grandchildren, and she wanted kids herself. That made sad for her. Do you people can/should stay married in such case?
Honestly I don't understand why she married a man who does not want kids or did she married with out knowing that he does not want kids.?? It is depend some marriages survive but .. some ,,,what you really can do just be there for your friend for what ever the decision she take with out interfering. And with out advising or giving her tips or anything.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:53 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Not really. Some people simply don't want kids. A friend of mine, had a horrible childhood. According to him, they were very poor, father & mother had serious issues. He doesn't and will not have children because he is afraid he'll be a bad parent. Simple.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:51 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
Honestly I don't understand why she married a man who does not want kids or did she married with out knowing that he does not want kids.?? It is depend some marriages survive but .. some ,,,what you really can do just be there for your friend for what ever the decision she take with out interfering. And with out advising or giving her tips or anything.
The thing with wanting to be child-free is that people optimistically believe that at some magical point, you will change your mind. They got married in their mid-20s. If he said at that point he didn't want children, she might have thought he would change his mind by the time they were in their early 30s. He hasn't changed his mind and it doesn't sound like he will. There are lots of people who are happily child free for no other reason than they simply don't want children.

Couples can stay happily married if neither party wants children, but in those cases the parties are usually already in their mid-30s at the time they get married and know they aren't going to change their minds sometime down the road. I think this really is an issue where you have one person who changes his or her mind and the other person doesn't.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:03 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Lots of couples do fine without children. Not everyone can even have children. IMHO, if a wife married a man and then can't have children and gets a divorce, then she got married, not because her love for her husband, but because she wanted children. She intended to use him as a tool to get what she really wanted.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:08 AM

7,185 posts, read 9,322,724 times
For most couples, the two happiest episodes in their lives are:

When they are newly married before they have children, and

After the children have grown up and moved out.

Children create a lot of stress.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:16 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
For most couples, the two happiest episodes in their lives are:

When they are newly married before they have children, and

After the children have grown up and moved out.

Children create a lot of stress.
This may be true for those of you that became parents by accident...you know, .oops parents. Some of us chose to have kids and are enjoying it.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:26 AM

404 posts, read 480,762 times
Why of course. We never wanted kids and will celebrate 34 yrs. in Sept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships