Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2016, 01:32 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Am loving the rain that keeps falling in periodic bursts over the last few hours here. Haven't smelled that rain smell in so long. Thank goodness my car will get a bath in the process, it needed it.

All the talk about dads' aftershaves - mine still uses Coty Wild Musk. It turned me off patchouli for like ever. Back in the day, my sister was the Jean Naté fiend, and I swore by Love's Baby Soft because a boy in seventh grade came up and asked me what perfume I was wearing. He was a tough, heavy metal type who always had band shirts on and hung out with the other metal heads, so he made sure no one was looking when he came up to me, and was very subtle about it all.

I'm more nostalgic for Bonne Bell lip glosses, especially the cherry cola kissing coolers. I wouldn't mind finding some of that on eBay.
Yeah, I know. About a week or so ago, during the night, a light rain fell here for hours straight. It was so nice.

Lol, Bonne Bell "lip smackers." I remember Maybelline "kissing potion," too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 01:38 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Man.... If I can never hear the term beta male again it would be heaven. I never hear that crap term anywhere but this website. These mouth breathers here are going to end up running the normal people out. I've seen it over the years. Pretty soon CD will be nothing but asshats.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:19 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Man.... If I can never hear the term beta male again it would be heaven. I never hear that crap term anywhere but this website. These mouth breathers here are going to end up running the normal people out. I've seen it over the years. Pretty soon CD will be nothing but asshats.
It is mostly is already. Of cause there are a few exceptions. However, it has been achieved.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:46 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There are so many terms I first heard here, and only have heard here. Social Justice Warrior? Beta Male? White Knight?

Who comes up with this crap.

Last edited by timberline742; 10-24-2016 at 07:10 AM..

Old 10-24-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There are so many terms I first heard here, and only have heard here. Social Just Warrior? Beta Male? White Knight?

Who comes up with this crap.
Those who can't find affection from the female of the species. Thy cannot accept the fact that they are what's wrong with them. So they coin all sorts of terms and start hating on women.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:25 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Those who can't find affection from the female of the species. Thy cannot accept the fact that they are what's wrong with them. So they coin all sorts of terms and start hating on women.
On the one hand, I guess it's good that these guys have found their own Island of Misfit Toys on the internet where they can commiserate with their lot in life, but on the other, when you see how they interact with people here it's pretty obvious why no one likes them.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
On the one hand, I guess it's good that these guys have found their own Island of Misfit Toys on the internet where they can commiserate with their lot in life, but on the other, when you see how they interact with people here it's pretty obvious why no one likes them.
Except they are not welcomed here.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:57 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
I don't think negative people that harp on about their bitterness and about other people are welcomed anywhere, are they?

Old 10-24-2016, 09:01 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Well, if they just were cool and wanted to get along with the vibe of the board, they'd be fine. When they come in specifically to be annoying on a board about romantic relationships when they adamantly don't want a romantic relationship, that's when we get testy.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Well, if they just were cool and wanted to get along with the vibe of the board, they'd be fine. When they come in specifically to be annoying on a board about romantic relationships when they adamantly don't want a romantic relationship, that's when we get testy.
If they are not interested in romance, why proclaim it? They protest too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships