Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 07:44 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

Really, the only thing you can do to get over the flu is get a lot of rest and drink lots of fluids if you aren't planning to see a doctor. You can try OTC medications but they aren't that super helpful other than the stuff that knocks you out.

I'd always drink gatorade, ice-cold water and sometimes sprite. The fizz of sprite always seemed to help settle my stomach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 10:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Yeah, I used to rely on NyQuil whenever I needed to rest well but I haven't bought any in a while. I wish I still had the codeine the doctor prescribed a while ago but that was the good stuff so I am all out. Maybe it will be worth making a trip to the doc after all.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Yeah, I used to rely on NyQuil whenever I needed to rest well but I haven't bought any in a while. I wish I still had the codeine the doctor prescribed a while ago but that was the good stuff so I am all out. Maybe it will be worth making a trip to the doc after all.
Primatene tabs to open up the bronchioles,
Afrin nasal spray to clear up the sinuses, wash it down with a big bottle of orange Perrier, jump under the blankies fluffy kitty! 10 hours of sleep. 😺

Old 01-13-2017, 07:08 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
It's Friday the 13th AND a full moon. We can expect people to do all sorts of weird crap today.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:26 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Primatene tabs to open up the bronchioles,
Afrin nasal spray to clear up the sinuses, wash it down with a big bottle of orange Perrier, jump under the blankies fluffy kitty! 10 hours of sleep. 😺
Those Perrier waters are good, they're really expensive though!

Old 01-13-2017, 09:04 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Worth it when you find something you like...I stock up when it's on sale.
Isn't it funny though how sparkling water with nothing in it, just a slight flavor is expensive?

Old 01-13-2017, 09:54 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Quote:
Isn't it funny though how sparkling water with nothing in it, just a slight flavor is expensive?
I love the grapefruit flavored Perrier, La Croix makes a good grapefruit soda water as well. I wait until they go on sale and stock up. The Perrier goes on sale for around $1 a bottle over here. I don't buy bottled water for drinking, I use the filtered water that runs through my fridge, so an occasional splurge doesn't hurt so bad.

You want to talk expensive water try Fiji.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:04 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
Definitely worth it when you find something you like. I know an older gentleman that's a friend of my friend's family. He drinks it but always jokes how he has to economize on it, or else his retirement money will be spent before he dies.

I actually like seltzer and tonic water myself. I'm one of the few people that drinks it straight up. Most people only buy tonic water to mix with alcohol. I drink it by itself and really like it!
Quote:
I love the grapefruit flavored Perrier, La Croix makes a good grapefruit soda water as well. I wait until they go on sale and stock up. The Perrier goes on sale for around $1 a bottle over here. I don't buy bottled water for drinking, I use the filtered water that runs through my fridge, so an occasional splurge doesn't hurt so bad.

A dollar a bottle isn't too bad. I like to splurge on things I like too, which are full throttle energy drinks haha. I get a six pack of 12 ounce cans for like $6 bucks. Sounds like more than the Perrier when it's on sale.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:38 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Just when you thought you have heard it all on here someone says the most STUPID and IDIOTIC thing I've had the " pleasure " of reading!

Nothing worse than people with illusions of grandeur and pig ignorance at the same time!.

Old 01-15-2017, 02:06 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:

I've tried all of the sparkling water and to me the Kroger brand is the best bang for the money. 3 bucks a twelve pack and you a few different flavors to pick, all with no calories, caffeine and minimal sodium content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships