Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2016, 03:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sorry to hear that. Drink lots of water and lay around taking it easy. Should try and get a little food in you. That really does help shorten colds and the flu. Liquids and rest are the biggies.
Thanks man! Yeah I'm trying to eat some. Love the water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 03:56 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I've had a fever since Sat.morning.......it effen sucks..... plus side I'm not eating.....
That really does. I'm sorry, Raena. Feel better soon.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
That really does. I'm sorry, Raena. Feel better soon.
Thanks Sea! I hope to be better for Christmas! Plus I have a few things to do. Loading up on cold/flu medicine. Seems to help with Motrin/Tylenol.

I got a damn flu shot too.😔

Old 12-18-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Thanks Sea! I hope to be better for Christmas! Plus I have a few things to do. Loading up on cold/flu medicine. Seems to help with Motrin/Tylenol.
Yeah, I was going to mention that it was bad timing, but I didn't want to put pressure on you.

Quote:
I got a damn flu shot too.��
I hear that all the time from people who still got sick. Maybe it will at least lessen the symptoms for you? Then there are different strains of the flu, too, so...

Anyway, rest up.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:08 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I never get flu shots. I've heard it both ways, some people swear by them and others say they don't do jack didily. IDK, not sure the point of getting one since there are dozens of strains of the virus, how do they know which one will be the main event so to speak.

Certain facilities like hospitals require contractors and vendors that service them to have the flu shots.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yeah, I was going to mention that it was bad timing, but I didn't want to put pressure on you.

I hear that all the time from people who still got sick. Maybe it will at least lessen the symptoms for you? Then there are different strains of the flu, too, so...

Anyway, rest up.
Yeah it is bad timing.lol effen A!
Yeah I'm hopping the flu or whatever will be shorten.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I never get flu shots. I've heard it both ways, some people swear by them and others say they don't do jack didily. IDK, not sure the point of getting one since there are dozens of strains of the virus, how do they know which one will be the main event so to speak.

Certain facilities like hospitals require contractors and vendors that service them to have the flu shots.
Yeah I think it's all a crock to make money.
I work at a school so they wanted the workers to get the flu shot.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:

And some say they make them deathly ill, and vow never to take them again.

Old 12-18-2016, 06:54 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
I have never had a flu shot either. When I start feeling as though something is coming on (as far as a cold or flu), I take Emergen-C. The right stores stock several flavors. I mix raspberry in a Coke & like it. OTC cold meds tend to feel like battery acid in my stomach.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:14 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Thanks man! Yeah I'm trying to eat some. Love the water.
I thought I had the flu, maybe it was hypothermia. Had to dig my car out of its igloo at work and forgot my hat. I quit shaking hours later finally!

I never get a flu shot, no matter how much pressure, and I don't remember the last time I got the flu.

I resort to drugs though: Bronkaid and Aftrin. Shoots me right out of bed.
Very tired and 'meh' lately, I'm considering trying them for recreational use.
...not really

Hope you feel better!

Last edited by RbccL; 12-18-2016 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: I forgot to say 'hope you feel better'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships