Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 06:59 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,710,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical2008 View Post
The gym facility don't know... it just looks like we're training most the time unless we were being watched closely.
I think that's covered on page 4 of the cheater's handbook.

"We are being too careful to get caught"

So, how do so many people get caught?

Trust me, they know. You may be in denial, but they know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 07:11 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,862,856 times
Quote:
He could mean it in a friendly way though
Not with cuddles and wine and dates and gifts and wanting to kiss you.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:21 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,787,362 times
OP:

Going by your many comments...

Do you want help or do you just want us to tell you to go ahead and have an affair with your personal trainer?

Will you actually follow our advice or will you just do what you want to do even if it is to have an affair with your personal trainer?

And I am a married female.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:12 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,332,754 times
Really, this is not a "friendly" situation. It's a sad situation, because there is nothing that is up front and honest about it.

Think about it.

He is married, which means he's cheating, and he's your personal trainer, so you aren't supposed to be cuddling and whispering sweet nothings to each other. He really could lose his job.

Either way, you aren't supposed to be together legitimately. That affects a person inside. You don't want a relationship like that. You want to be with someone that you don't have to hide.

Sure, you COULD "just" go ahead and have an affair, as someone suggested. Lots of people do. But ... they aren't always fun. What people don't realize about "just" having an affair is that it often leaves you even sadder than before BECAUSE of the dishonesty of it all.

Even if you don't have feelings involved, which you both obviously do, it feels bad deep down to be involved with someone in a dishonest way. You may think you can box off those feelings and just get your kicks and move on, but it wears on you to have an affair because it takes a lot of emotional energy to constantly cover your tracks.

Plus it can be really unsatisfying to be that closely connected to someone you can't have.

That's why you need to stop fooling yourself about this situation and see it for what it is.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:20 AM

59 posts, read 33,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
I think that's covered on page 4 of the cheater's handbook.

"We are being too careful to get caught"

So, how do so many people get caught?

Trust me, they know. You may be in denial, but they know.
He is subcontracted by them so he works for himself I don't think they actually care enough to monitor us closely. Plus the younger trainers who work there are worse with their clients than we are.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

Going by your many comments...

Do you want help or do you just want us to tell you to go ahead and have an affair with your personal trainer?

Will you actually follow our advice or will you just do what you want to do even if it is to have an affair with your personal trainer?

And I am a married female.
I'm taking on board everything each person is commenting unless it's insulting towards me. The original question was that I wasn't sure if it was friendly or not. It wouldn't be an affair if he's not with his wife anymore and is actually single but again after taking on board the comments from others I realise that I may be being gullible believing that he has actually split from the wife. But yes I am considering each piece of advice I am given.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:24 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,710,486 times
Quote:
He is subcontracted by them so he works for himself I don't think they actually care enough to monitor us closely. Plus the younger trainers who work there are worse with their clients than we are.
That has nothing to do with my statement. Originally, you said this, "The gym facility don't know... it just looks like we're training most the time unless we were being watched closely."

What I'm indicating is that they DO know. You are only fooling yourself if you believe otherwise.

That's really the crux of this entire episode and most episodes when cheating is involved.

You're only really fooling yourself.

ETA: If the younger trainers are worse, then you are REALLY in the wrong place. However, I somehow doubt your premise is true, but you would like to believe that to prop up your own behavior.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Not with cuddles and wine and dates and gifts and wanting to kiss you.
We haven't been on a date and this did originally start out as friends. I was concerned that I was reading into this too much.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Really, this is not a "friendly" situation. It's a sad situation, because there is nothing that is up front and honest about it.

Think about it.

He is married, which means he's cheating, and he's your personal trainer, so you aren't supposed to be cuddling and whispering sweet nothings to each other. He really could lose his job.

Either way, you aren't supposed to be together legitimately. That affects a person inside. You don't want a relationship like that. You want to be with someone that you don't have to hide.

Sure, you COULD "just" go ahead and have an affair, as someone suggested. Lots of people do. But ... they aren't always fun. What people don't realize about "just" having an affair is that it often leaves you even sadder than before BECAUSE of the dishonesty of it all.

Even if you don't have feelings involved, which you both obviously do, it feels bad deep down to be involved with someone in a dishonest way. You may think you can box off those feelings and just get your kicks and move on, but it wears on you to have an affair because it takes a lot of emotional energy to constantly cover your tracks.

Plus it can be really unsatisfying to be that closely connected to someone you can't have.

That's why you need to stop fooling yourself about this situation and see it for what it is.
I appreciate what you are saying. And I do already feel a bit unsatisfied as we are quite close and it does feel frustrating as I'm always wondering does he feel that way or is it just friendly. Which is why I posted here cos I am sick of questioning it in my mind. And being so unsure about what to do or not to do

Old 07-14-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
That has nothing to do with my statement. Originally, you said this, "The gym facility don't know... it just looks like we're training most the time unless we were being watched closely."

What I'm indicating is that they DO know. You are only fooling yourself if you believe otherwise.

That's really the crux of this entire episode and most episodes when cheating is involved.

You're only really fooling yourself.

ETA: If the younger trainers are worse, then you are REALLY in the wrong place. However, I somehow doubt your premise is true, but you would like to believe that to prop up your own behavior.
I don't mean any disrespect and I understand what you are saying but it really doesn't matter either way if the gym knows or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships