Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:58 PM

35 posts, read 22,247 times

Advertisements

Yup. So true. I'm never going to understand it. But I don't need to. All I need to know is it hurts me and she won't stop it. She commits to but can't help herself. It's an addiction. He wants no life with her and she feels the same. So I just don't get it. But she obviously gets something out of it. Something so good that she will jeopardize our future. I guess some things are not meant to be understood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 10:20 PM

11,124 posts, read 5,643,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Grow a set and move on... don't be anyone's second fiddle, your GF isn't really all that into you. Man up.. I hate that phrase but it says it all in a two word.

Bounce out.
These are also my thoughts. Except that this is the way people are. Monogamy is an illusion. Ever since humans have existed, they've probably been this way. You have to take it or leave it. You can't change it.
Some people get lucky and find a mate who is aberrant in behavior (in other words, faithful). You weren't lucky this time.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:28 PM

I guess your right Steve. I'm one of those people. I don't need more than one gal. Maybe this is the world we live in. I was going to marry this gal. Proposed and age accepted last year. Oh this is good. She put back on the engagement ring today a took a photo, but it's on the wrong hand! When I asked wtf she said we are not engaged but she was trying to show a move that way. ???? Whatever.

I see her as a f@@k buddy. Go to dinners. But nothing more. No sleep overs and no talk of a future. And I guess I need to stop saying I love you to her.

All very sad. But she won't change

Old 08-24-2016, 03:11 AM

23,182 posts, read 26,335,576 times
Why you would even take her to dinner after finding out she and the ex were laughing at you behind your back ?
She must be getting more out of you than just sex...she has the supposed ex for that.
You might as well put a sign on your back that says Sucker.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:24 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,208,382 times
I think the OP, his "girl," and her ex-husband need to go on the Jerry Springer show.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:37 AM

Haha. Jerry springer.

Not sure why she would start wearing the engagement ring on her right hand??! Wtf

But this is now just casual. I'm done talking about a future. Moving in together. Marriage. Etc.

People rarely change

Old 08-24-2016, 09:39 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,710,082 times
How much did you pay for the ring?

Do you want it back?

Old 08-24-2016, 09:49 AM

It was not expensive. No I don't want it back. I just don't understand why out of nowhere she starts wearing it yesterday. And she came on to me that she horny. N

Probably trying to just sweep it all under carpet and get me to let it go. I pushed for apology and explanations on phone. She hung up and broke up. Typical. This woman would rather die than admit fault and face up

Old 08-24-2016, 10:11 AM

971 posts, read 695,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdesey View Post
What am I gonna do. I already did. I told her thru entail that I will no longer tolerate this. That I gave the 2 of them every chance in the world to act like regular ex spouses. I said therefore the only option I can live with is total 100 percent cut the ties. No contact at all.

She has not replied. Only said that she wants me to come up with solutions. I put that right back on her and said that won't work. She has to decide what she will do.

One thing I know at 49 years old. I cannot change anyone but myself.
I had one of these women too and i can tell you it doesn't get any better. Cut all ties now. I know it is hard when you care about them, but it is clear there is a problem here and after all the time she has had and it is no better says it all.
My ex GF used to text, sext, inappropriate emails, pics with her ex BF the whole time we were together. I am sure she slept with him too when the time allowed. When asked about it she played it off as no big deal and we will always be friends and talk. Really? Never again.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:13 PM

Bears dad. Wow I'm not the only one. Did your gal ever try to stop. Or commit that she would? Mine knows it's wrong but just can't stop the activity. Did you ever figure out why she was doing it? You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships