Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 12:13 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,105,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She imagined that you were slipping away because she feels guilty for lying to you and using you for money. That was her guilt talking.
I doubt VERY much she has ANY guilt here. VERY MUCH.

She's just a manipulator and she's playing him like a song.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 12:20 PM

102,302 posts, read 108,445,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Well I picked her up at the dentist before, and saw the bill I payed before, so I assume she actually went in and the receptionist handed her that bill.

It makes me feel ****ty if I was lied to for money.

Well tonight when I came home she was waiting there for me in her car. She was crying and said that she would never sell the ring, and that it means a lot her. She could never do it she says. She says the reason why she has been behaving this way, is cause she feel so bad about having lost so much money, and feels such a shame of herself, that she has been treating me this way, and saying this like she wanted to sell the ring in order to push me away, cause she felt a shamed, like she wasn't good enough for me.
But she says that she is not this kind of person and she would never sell the ring, cause she loves me too much, and i mean everything to her.

She also says I do not have to pay any bills and she is sorry for making me think i have, to but i don't. she said that in order to prove to me, how much i mean to her, she is going to pay me back the money for the dentist before, cause she feel guilty and that i deserve much better.
What do you think of this now? This is a total change, and she was crying completely. And I didn't even have a chance much to talk to her today, so I never brought up anything about breaking up or anything, so what's with this total change?
She's a drama queen. A drama queen who for some mysterious reason requires a lot of dental work. What's up with that, OP? Why does she need all this expensive dental work?

In any case, who can live with all of this? This isn't normal behavior. Her behavior has never been normal. Even a couple of years ago, one of your first posts was about her demanding you spend more money on dinners for her and her friends, dinners for her and her family, and that for some reason she believed it was your duty to pay for big group dinners every week.

So you can see that she hasn't changed. She pretends to change when you're unhappy with her demands, but then eventually she comes back with more demands for money. This has been going on for years, now. And there was the fit she pitched over hotel towels, then the throwing-up when you wanted to discuss a pre-nup, and now crying and claims of feeling ashamed. Suddenly, now she has hundreds of dollars to pay her own bills with.

Is this the kind of life you want?

Old 09-30-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I doubt VERY much she has ANY guilt here. VERY MUCH.

She's just a manipulator and she's playing him like a song.
Agree. I hadn't seen his post about the big emotional scene yet, when I posted that. I was working backwards from more recent comments.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:46 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,253,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Okay thanks for the input.

She also payed me back 200 dollars, saying that she understands how she has been relying on me for money too much and pressuring me, and she wants to make up for it and pay me back she said. She didn't say this in a turned off way, she seems willling to pay me back, and gave me money. This is confusing to me now. Is she manipulating me or does she really care and want to make up since she actually payed me back some, which I find very surprising.

What do you think? Why is she paying me back now, saying how she is sorry and wants to do the right thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
She needed $300 last week but has $200 to give you this week??
This is too mixed up for me. I'll leave you to the rest of the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

You missed the point of that post. If she has $200, it means she didn't need to strong-arm you for $300. She really only needed $100.

This doesn't change the fact that she lied to you about the dental bill. She also lied to you about needing $300. Is this the kind of person you want in your life? Now she's pretending to want to be "fair", and that she only meant to borrow the money. This is BS.
I agree with Ruth. If she was so broke that she was begging you for $300 and wanted to sell her promise ring to pay bills, WHERE did she get the $200????

She probably was not as broke as she claimed that she was. IMHO, she was just trying to see how much money that she could get from you.

Did you ask her where she suddenly got $200 to pay you back?

Old 09-30-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I agree with Ruth. If she was so broke that she was begging you for $300 and wanted to sell her promise ring to pay bills, WHERE did she get the $200????

She probably was not as broke as she claimed that she was. IMHO, she was just trying to see how much money that she could get from you.

Did you ask her where she suddenly got $200 to pay you back?
This. You should ask her. My bet is that if you do ask her, she'll get angry. Because she won't want to admit that her seemingly desperate need was fake. Would anyone here like to place bets on her reaction?

I don't know about you, OP, but I wouldn't be able to live with this frequent drama, and the on-again-off-again crises, the sense of shifting ground beneath your feet, where you never know what the reality is with her. One day, she desperately needs $300 for a dentist bill (what is wrong with this woman's teeth??!!), and a couple of days later, she suddenly out of nowhere has most of the money for that (suspiciously fictitious) bill. One week she says you should be helping her with her expenses, showering money on her, simply because she's your gf and she has a parent to try to support. A couple of weeks later, she suddenly decides the money she asks you for is only a loan, and she'll pay you back for your largess.

It's almost like dealing with a multiple-personality case. Will the real Ironpony GF please stand up? Which version is real, and which is fake? I don't know how you can live with this. No wonder you're so often posting here that you're confused!

OP, I repeat: this is not normal behavior. This is not a normal person. PLEASE go find a normal, honest, caring person to be with. You'll be much happier, and much less confused.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:01 PM

50 posts, read 45,618 times
You can try joking around about giving her an STD (if you haven't already). Maybe that will scare her off all by itself.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:37 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,221,876 times
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jGX5bTROrC...1600/trust.jpg

Read some of these:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fool...oQsAQILg#imgrc=_

Old 09-30-2016, 09:58 PM

277 posts, read 329,995 times
What the hell is a promise ring ?

Old 09-30-2016, 10:04 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,937,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I'm sorry, but did this make anyone else laugh??
Just now read this and had a little laugh.

No way Rocky can possibly be serious though, at least I hope not.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:20 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,090,618 times
So basically even though she told me that she could never sell the ring and that it means too much to her cause she loves me, and now that she wanted to pay me back the money to prove herself (even though I didn't ask her to), and how she is crying and depressed over loosing me, it all means nothing and it's all trickery from her, no matter how hard she tries to prove herself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships