Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 10:36 AM

102,302 posts, read 108,445,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Okay then. I already did ask her to stop, but I wanted some extra insurance, in case it all turns out to be a reprieve, down the road.
There is no insurance. If she backslides, you walk. Because you will have learned that she'll never truly change. You can't force her to be someone she's not. When she shows you her true character, you need to take that seriously, and realize she's not a good potential partner, and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 10:50 AM

854 posts, read 523,071 times
People can't really tell you how to break up with your partner. None of us know her or you for that matter. But what i can say is that as hard as it may be, if you're both unhappy sometimes it's best to just end it and set one another free. If you prolong it, you are hurting BOTH of you. There's absolutely no easy way to break up with someone. You just have to get on with it. Sorry.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:58 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,090,618 times
Yeah that's true. Do you think she has the right to be upset over little things here and there... like for example, I told her I would do something with her on monday, when I got back from my trip with my friends. But my friends want to stay an extra day now. She got upset over this, even though it's not my car and I got a ride, and they have some say in it too, since it was there trip and I was just invited.

But she thinks I should be back by monday to see her cause I told her I would be back my monday and a promise is a promise. What do you think about that?

Old 10-07-2016, 06:25 AM

854 posts, read 523,071 times
Quote:
Yeah that's true. Do you think she has the right to be upset over little things here and there... like for example, I told her I would do something with her on monday, when I got back from my trip with my friends. But my friends want to stay an extra day now. She got upset over this, even though it's not my car and I got a ride, and they have some say in it too, since it was there trip and I was just invited.

But she thinks I should be back by monday to see her cause I told her I would be back my monday and a promise is a promise. What do you think about that?
I would probably side with her in this case, but I don't know either of you or your relationship so you can take this with a grain of salt, but I think that would upset me too if a promise had been broken. Perhaps this isn't the first time you've broken a promise to her? Perhaps she missed you and was looking forward to seeing you again? Talk to her about it.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:47 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,807,545 times
Did you actually say "I PROMISE I will be home by Monday"?

Plans change. You both need to stop being so literal.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:04 PM

No I didn't say I promise, but she acts like I made a promise.

But lately I feel like I need some space from her to sort all a lot of stuff out in the relationship. I was actually thinking of not inviting her to Thanksgiving this year and keeping our thanksgivings separate since there has been some problems, but would that be wrong of me, if I am still in a relationship where we did Thanksgivings before?

Old 10-08-2016, 01:17 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,253,528 times
Quote:
No I didn't say I promise, but she acts like I made a promise.

But lately I feel like I need some space from her to sort all a lot of stuff out in the relationship. I was actually thinking of not inviting her to Thanksgiving this year and keeping our thanksgivings separate since there has been some problems, but would that be wrong of me, if I am still in a relationship where we did Thanksgivings before?
BTW, except for my one nephew, who invited random dates & girl friends to everything in my experience none of my family of my family or friends ever invited someone that they were not engaged to to a family holiday dinner. Your family may be different.

Even married couples do not always spend Thanksgiving together. I can't tell you how many times I went out of town and spent Thanksgiving with my relatives because I had off Friday & Saturday & hubby had to work both those days. It was not a big deal.

Frankly, I think that you should have broken up with that woman a long time ago, so I certainly do not think that you should feel obligated to invite her to Thanksgiving.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:32 PM

My family did invite her to come and asked me if I wanted to bring her, and she is welcome, but I told them that I didn't feel like it right now because we are going through some things. But she is not working and has the weekend off, and doesn't have anything to do.

So is it inconsiderate of me as the bf to keep her out if she is free to come, and has done so before?

Old 10-08-2016, 03:40 PM

6,753 posts, read 4,448,442 times
Do something to cause HER to break up with you. Thats if you really want to get rid of her.

Old 10-08-2016, 04:19 PM

102,302 posts, read 108,445,430 times
Quote:

I don't think it's reasonable to be upset when you're not in control of the means of transportation. This seems rather petty, IMO. So you can't see her Monday, there are another 6 days in the week. Adults take disappointment in stride, usually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships