Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2016, 06:19 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,122,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
SMH she asked me to help her pump gas and I'm like sure. We listen to music in the car for 5 minutes and I ask how are we paying for it? She likes oh you want money? I go yeah there's pumping gas and buying gas if you wanted the latter you could have asked. Now she's buying $10 of gas inside while I wait to pump it.
At this point I think you're having us on.

Making a point or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 06:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,122,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Seriously. OP you aren't interested in a relationship anymore, you just want to make sure she's not getting one over on you $$$. Call it quits and move on.
Yup. Assuming all these stories are accurate then the OP for sure isn't getting any tonight, but he didn't want to anyway, it is now just a power struggle.

What is left? Lots more drives where they park some place that requires money and each tries to make the other crack first while she searches half-heartedly for a card between heavy hints or they sit pretending they like listening to music at gas stations?

Stick a fork in this association, OP. And next time, no showing off, no implied bribes for sex, and no games.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:32 PM

37,778 posts, read 46,289,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
SMH she asked me to help her pump gas and I'm like sure. We listen to music in the car for 5 minutes and I ask how are we paying for it? She likes oh you want money? I go yeah there's pumping gas and buying gas if you wanted the latter you could have asked. Now she's buying $10 of gas inside while I wait to pump it.
Huh? So why would you even ask "how are we paying for it"? I don't get that. Wasn't it her car???

This is starting to smell.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:44 PM

102,336 posts, read 108,561,117 times
Why even go to Taco Bell? Why not have soup and salad or grilled cheese at home? She knows how to grill a sandwich, doesn't she?

Old 10-13-2016, 07:03 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,902,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why even go to Taco Bell? Why not have soup and salad or grilled cheese at home? She knows how to grill a sandwich, doesn't she?
Didn't Rocky's girl like Taco Bell too? Who the hell goes to resorts and the opera and then starts pissing contests at Taco Bell and the gas station?
These have become some unpleasant dates, isn't it supposed to be fun and exciting, at least at first? What's the point.
Something stinks over here...

Old 10-13-2016, 07:09 PM

151 posts, read 127,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Didn't Rocky's girl like Taco Bell too? Who the hell goes to resorts and the opera and then starts pissing contests at Taco Bell and the gas station?
These have become some unpleasant dates, isn't it supposed to be fun and exciting, at least at first? What's the point.
Something stinks over here...
Yeah, that's the part of this that's made me think. It's one thing to plan less extravagant dates and generally cool it with the spending, but to flip a switch instantly from dropping thousands of dollars a weekend to freaking out over $5 or $10 just seems...off.

If all this is really happening, why are these people together anymore? Just end it.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:09 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,902,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Huh? So why would you even ask "how are we paying for it"? I don't get that. Wasn't it her car???

This is starting to smell.
Yeah...I've been smelling it too, it started with 3 tacos. Story time.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:12 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,724,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandedx02 View Post
Yeah, that's the part of this that's made me think. It's one thing to plan less extravagant dates and generally cool it with the spending, but to flip a switch instantly from dropping thousands of dollars a weekend to freaking out over $5 or $10 just seems...off.

If all this is really happening, why are these people together anymore? Just end it.
I'm still wondering how he gets all this time off to go to resorts and vacations. Is he self-employed or retired?

Old 10-13-2016, 07:37 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,138,234 times
Taco Bell, ah, being dead broke at 22 and looking forward to bean burritos and a cup of water for dinner. Nice change up from ramen.

Of course this smells. Duh.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:41 PM

7,996 posts, read 5,425,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I cannot imagine a man waiting for me to whip out my debit card at Taco Bell. I'm very glad I'm not young anymore if this is modern dating.
I am all for the "modern dating". This isn't the 1950's anymore. If women wants equal rights/equal pay than a woman has to be willing to pull her own. You can't have it both ways.

When I was dating my husband in the 80's after the first several dates, I paid my share. We took turns. By no means did I expect him to pay for everything.

OP---move on. Money is the root to all evil. This is not going to end well. When money starts to be a problem, it is not going to get better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships