Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2016, 02:15 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,423,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol Gotta submit this one to the New Yorker.
Eh, you rang?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 02:22 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,441,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
Things are still looking up. We have not done anything fancy or over the top all week and weekend, stuck to free or low cost country fairs, horror carnivals, shows, dive bars with cheap pitchers and shots of Fireball, Netflix, and Redbox movies. For the past 7 days we've had sex all night and all morning, and if she is still at my house by lunch time I'll go there for some action
I don't know how this is going to turn out, but I'm riding this out!
The more you post about this situation the more it sounds exaggerated and your sexual quantity is really nothing to brag about simply because many people who are often not being sexual brag that they are.
Both of you are using each other, it is that simple and I would guess once the new, shiny, pretty wears off both of you will walk away without a goodbye kiss.
Your choice to do as you wish and brag about whatever, carry on, bless your heart.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:10 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,367,833 times
I'm reporting that poetry is breaking out up in here. Wait,

Reporting I am,
poetry in "fair share" thread
breaking out it is.

Yeah, it's a Yoda Haiku.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:36 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,122,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
if YOU ask ME on a date (not "hanging out", an actual real date), why should I be expected to pay? If it's a bf/gf situation and you do things often, splitting costs is expected, but if its a first date you are requesting my company for something. I don't have a problem chipping in or splitting the bill, but I'd have a problem being EXPECTED to do so. IMO whoever does the asking should expect to cover most/all of the bill.
Well, sure.

However, the post you're answering is a scenario that didn't really happen. The OP said many of these ventures were brought up by her, not him, and since then she has pointedly stopped to buy something and obviously attempted to get him to pay for it instead: when she was getting *herself* gas and then just sat there and finally when he asked whether she was going to get the gas, she asked if he was paying; and when she supposedly took him to Taco Bell, then put on a whole dance routine of rifling through two purses to try to find a debit card, meanwhile apparently asking the OP whether he could just pay for it.

So, not really the scenario above. ^

Old 10-17-2016, 10:28 PM

3,769 posts, read 6,767,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
Things are still looking up. We have not done anything fancy or over the top all week and weekend, stuck to free or low cost country fairs, horror carnivals, shows, dive bars with cheap pitchers and shots of Fireball, Netflix, and Redbox movies. For the past 7 days we've had sex all night and all morning, and if she is still at my house by lunch time I'll go there for some action

I don't know how this is going to turn out, but I'm riding this out!
Aside from being able to have sex regularly, is there anything you like about this girl? I've been in several short term relationships of 2 weeks to a couple months. For me it gets kind of old after a couple months if I'm not really into them.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:41 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 23 days ago)

16,150 posts, read 21,305,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

It is the OFFERING to pay that is important - it avoids feelings of resentment and shows that you aren't a mooch.
No, that is a game, I don't like games.
If you offer to take me out (treat me) and you get resentful that I don't play this game, right here and right now, of making a token offer to repay you in some form I'm not interested in taking it any further. I don't want to have to pass some arbitrary test to prove I'm not a mooch, that's tacky IMO. Are you looking to get to know me or are you just looking for someone to split cost so you can go somewhere and do something other than sit at home alone on a saturday night?

Old 10-18-2016, 03:40 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,298,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
If you offer to take me out (treat me) and you get resentful that I don't play this game, right here and right now, of making a token offer to repay you in some form I'm not interested in taking it any further. I don't want to have to pass some arbitrary test to prove I'm not a mooch, that's tacky IMO. Are you looking to get to know me or are you just looking for someone to split cost so you can go somewhere and do something other than sit at home alone on a saturday night?
It is only a game if the offer is not sincere.

I assume, by your answer that it wouldn't be.

Why wouldn't someone get resentful if someone keeps paying without reciprocity? They have every right.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:41 AM

602 posts, read 397,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Yes, THANK YOU! I'm glad someone else gets it!

Old 10-18-2016, 03:48 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,298,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
Yes, THANK YOU! I'm glad someone else gets it!
Gets what? That it is ok to take, take, take without reciprocity?

Well if that is who you want to be, more power to you.

It is not a token gesture if the person wants to pay

What type of people do you all know???

Old 10-18-2016, 06:01 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,138,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Gets what? That it is ok to take, take, take without reciprocity?

Well if that is who you want to be, more power to you.

It is not a token gesture if the person wants to pay

What type of people do you all know???
That last line is the key. I think most people here seem to associate with rather low class, impolite, individuals routinely and they see it as the norm. The behavior I've read about on this forum is just jaw dropping. Never encountered or heard about anything similar to 90% of it in all my years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships