Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2016, 06:04 PM

35 posts, read 20,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I know. Exactly.

In fact, I think this is how Mr. Spock's father and that earth woman got started.

They were together for decades until her planet swallowed her so I would call it an overall success, except for that last part.

Geez, lighten up, people. Dating is supposed to be fun at least in some small way. Why would it be so bad to just go of on a date because it is fun to get to know someone and maybe feel the romance? Without guarantees but with a degree of optimism?
Dating is about as fun as sticking my head in an oven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 06:07 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylos View Post
I don't think he's expecting any woman to know what her intentions with him are.
He's asking what their overall goals are.
Like, on the first date she should tell him she intends to get married, have x amount of children and so on?

I know about ten bajillion guys who would run screaming from that.

I get that all people are different, though.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracoroni View Post
Dating is about as fun as sticking my head in an oven.
That is truly sad and I feel bad that you feel this way.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:09 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
I don't know if I would refer to a former date as a friend at all. Does he text me funny Willy Wonka memes and hang out at the mall with me? If so, then maybe.

FTR, I actually am eye-rolling strange nearly all the time but you already probably knew that. Didn't you, friend? (Sexy leer)
Yeah, and I hardly every disagree with you, and it wouldn't make me mad, or try to insult you if I did. Just like you don't

I have friends with benefits, I'll reveal the ugly truth, yes they still text.

This may be the different mind-set going on, I'm not just: "we went on a date, we either get married, become exclusive or never talk again". The night we are on a date, I guess I would consider him my date...

The next day if someone says: "who're you texting with?" I am not still calling him my date, I'm not exclusive, he's not my boyfriend, "just a friend."

There's no reason for me to quit talking to someone just because I don't plan on becoming exclusive. So they're still my friend.

I do see where you're coming from though, friend

Old 11-05-2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
That is truly sad and I feel bad that you feel this way.
Yes, I'm a logical guy that likes commitment and structure. I like direct and honest communication. The massively chaotic dating world is not an enjoyable place for me.

Also, read my story above as an example of why I hate this.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:16 PM

143 posts, read 78,238 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm a logical guy that likes commitment and structure. I like direct and honest communication. The massively chaotic dating world is not an enjoyable place for me.

I'm an logical guy who likes, well, structure anyway. I also like direct and honest communication.
Dating is generally fun with some...challenging moments.

Maybe I should take you up on your translation offer.
The women who are looking to get married are all yours.
I'll try my luck with the others.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yeah, and I hardly every disagree with you, and it wouldn't make me mad, or try to insult you if I did. Just like you don't

I have friends with benefits, I'll reveal the ugly truth, yes they still text.

This may be the different mind-set going on, I'm not just: "we went on a date, we either get married, become exclusive or never talk again". The night we are on a date, I guess I would consider him my date...

The next day if someone says: "who're you texting with?" I am not still calling him my date, I'm not exclusive, he's not my boyfriend, "just a friend."

There's no reason for me to quit talking to someone just because I don't plan on becoming exclusive. So they're still my friend.

I do see where you're coming from though, friend
Yeah, you and I pretty much never roll eyes at one another which is probably why we're still such good friends even though we're not scr*wing.

FWBs...I don't know what I'd call the person in that situation...probably not my date...LOL. I'd have to think about that...maybe my occasional? "This is Sue, Timmy...and, oh, this is Justin, my occasional."

But in seriousness, what you're describing here is really a good point...there are so many shades of gray in dating. Even if you think you're exclusive you still never REALLY know which way things are going.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:25 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Yeah, you and I pretty much never roll eyes at one another which is probably why we're still such good friends even though we're not scr*wing.

FWBs...I don't know what I'd call the person in that situation...probably not my date...LOL. I'd have to think about that...maybe my occasional? "This is Sue, Timmy...and, oh, this is Justin, my occasional."

But in seriousness, what you're describing here is really a good point...there are so many shades of gray in dating. Even if you think you're exclusive you still never REALLY know which way things are going.
"I'd have to think about that...maybe my occasional?" --You should call him your friend, as in FWB....but you may say Date with benefits, that's good too!

"which is probably why we're still such good friends even though we're not scr*wing."--watch it, the dirty talk starts to make me feel really cuddly.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:02 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:

Can't say I disagree with you.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Can't say I disagree with you.
Yup. Gone are the days of logic in the courting process. This is because it all hinges on female emotion and their sense of morality (and we all know how that goes).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships