Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 11:26 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,346,235 times

Advertisements

No. I've run into some rather attractive women while in the store, but never crossed my mind to approach. And I doubt that I ever would. It's just not my style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 11:33 AM

221 posts, read 184,073 times
I go to the grocery store to get what I need, pay for my stuff, and get out as quickly as possible. I'm going to assume most people of similar mindset. Trying to meet a lady is about the furthest thing from my mind.

That said, if I find myself stuck in a long, slow moving line I may have a quick chat with whomever happens to be directly behind or in front me.

A few months ago I found myself in this situation and had a cute, leggy blonde right behind me chatting me up out of the blue. That was the only time I ever considered asking out a woman at a grocery store.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:57 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,059,727 times
[quote=back2MD] There seems to be A LOT of attractive men at the grocery. ... I don't have the balls to approach /quote]

Ummm, yeah. I would hope you didn't. Have balls.

I have never successfully chatted up a fellow customer. But I did pickup on my cashier, and she went out with me for a few weeks.

However, if it ends badly ~ you can never shop at that market again.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:33 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,281,854 times
I use the Animal House "I think vegetables can be very sensuous" line.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:01 PM

32,659 posts, read 48,079,532 times
Met? I often run into people I know at the grocery store. I often speak with strangers in the grocery store (which might possibly be a regional cultural thing).

But if you mean a hookup or date, the answer is no, and I really do not want some strange man trying to pick me up in the grocery store.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:31 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
I meet older men or wheel chairy men occasionaly at the store. For some reason they like to talk to me or kinda hit on me. But never any guys I would be interested in dating.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:39 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I meet older men or wheel chairy men occasionaly at the store. For some reason they like to talk to me or kinda hit on me. But never any guys I would be interested in dating.
Awww... It's probably just the area you are in.

My cousins live in CA and the relationship mentality I hear is lacking. Sadly none of them are married.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:45 PM

151 posts, read 102,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
There seems to be A LOT of attractive men at the grocery. I often wonder if they are single or dating or married. I don't have the balls to approach and probably never will, just not my character.

I just wanted to see have people been successful in approaching women or men at the store. It seems awkward to just walk up to a random hottie thinking you got a chance. Lol
It sounds to me that you like to give men chances rather than render most guys invisible to you, and then resent why they do not approach you. I wish all women were like you as far as this attitude is concerned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If you make being friendly and neighborly a routine part of your life, chatting and exchanging pleasantries with people is natural, not awkward. That is how it's done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I've never approached anyone or been approached at a grocery store if we're defining "approach" as starting an interaction that leads to a date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
There are plenty of things to say at the grocery store without a melon line.
Bump his cart on purpose.
Smile.
Make sure you are headed down the same aisle each time so you keep passing each other.
Smile.

Just don't tell him what you're doing. What you're shopping for or if they can help you get something. Those are irritating and show you are needy.

A joke is always good.

"What aisle has the booze?" Lol!
May bumping the cart is OK, but to meet her in every aisle would not seem spontaneous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Pieces of Flair View Post
I go to the grocery store to get what I need, pay for my stuff, and get out as quickly as possible. I'm going to assume most people of similar mindset. Trying to meet a lady is about the furthest thing from my mind.

That said, if I find myself stuck in a long, slow moving line I may have a quick chat with whomever happens to be directly behind or in front me.

A few months ago I found myself in this situation and had a cute, leggy blonde right behind me chatting me up out of the blue. That was the only time I ever considered asking out a woman at a grocery store.
That's me too. I have never assumed that women at a grocery store ready to meet or talk to men. Most people there are simply there as a part of getting some of their weekly tasks, so they probably have something else to do right after shopping.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:05 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
Sure did. We dated for several months after.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:14 PM

1,261 posts, read 972,063 times
I generally like to stand in the produce section and stroke a cucumber and look directly into the eyes of passing ladies. No dates yet though....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships