Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 07:36 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGuy View Post
Unless she WANTED to avoid dating for a specific reason. In general, a woman who really wants a boyfriend can easily get one with little or no effort.
Key word...WANT. Most women would rather be single than date losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 09:17 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Oh stop the pity party.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:18 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Unless she WANTED to avoid dating for a specific reason. In general, a woman who really wants a boyfriend can easily get one with little or no effort.
Where are all my menfolk at?????????

Old 02-10-2017, 10:19 PM

Not here, that's for sure!

Old 02-11-2017, 02:38 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
I know it's not the point but I doubt you can think of any woman over 30 who has never had a boyfriend before, as for the other way around I'm sure you can think of plenty of guys in that boat
Actually I do know a couple. One died at 51 and while I'm not 100% sure, my uncle and mom, who were friends with her from a young age, are both pretty sure she never was with a guy. Maybe she hooked up with one at some point, but we're sure that she never had a boyfriend.

As for men, I really don't know many personally that are 30 or older and have never at least had sex with one woman. There are some that may not have ever been in an actual relationship, but I don't personally know any that have never at least been with a woman in some way. Unless they're priests or something. Obviously they're out there though, as we've seen quite a few post on this forum.

Male's probably have to try a little harder, since for the most part, it is the male that pursues. At least more often than not. Guys just have to put themselves out there and pursue more women if they wanna get dates. Don't be afraid of walking up to a girl when you're out eating somewhere or asking the cute girl behind the counter out. If you don't take some chances, then you might be the 30 year old virgin or 30 year old that's only had sex with two girls. Kind of like around the time I turned 30. I started taking some chances and it worked wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Oh stop the pity party.
I'm starting to agree. Bluegrass Guy is definitely not worthy of ever being in a relationship and that's all because of him. He believes it to be true, so it is true. He's already posted that when a girl asked him out to prom, he said something along the lines of ''Why would you wanna go to the prom with a loser like me?''. So this is something that's been going on for at least 25-30 years with him.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:21 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
I know it's not the point but I doubt you can think of any woman over 30 who has never had a boyfriend before, as for the other way around I'm sure you can think of plenty of guys in that boat
Honestly, in real life I can think of a couple of women over 30 who don't date at all, and I can think of zero men in the same boat. From what I've seen women are much less likely to go out searching for sex--you're not seeing those women, because they're not putting themselves out there.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:44 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Actually I do know a couple. One died at 51 and while I'm not 100% sure, my uncle and mom, who were friends with her from a young age, are both pretty sure she never was with a guy. Maybe she hooked up with one at some point, but we're sure that she never had a boyfriend.

As for men, I really don't know many personally that are 30 or older and have never at least had sex with one woman. There are some that may not have ever been in an actual relationship, but I don't personally know any that have never at least been with a woman in some way. Unless they're priests or something. Obviously they're out there though, as we've seen quite a few post on this forum.

Male's probably have to try a little harder, since for the most part, it is the male that pursues. At least more often than not. Guys just have to put themselves out there and pursue more women if they wanna get dates. Don't be afraid of walking up to a girl when you're out eating somewhere or asking the cute girl behind the counter out. If you don't take some chances, then you might be the 30 year old virgin or 30 year old that's only had sex with two girls. Kind of like around the time I turned 30. I started taking some chances and it worked wonders.

I'm starting to agree. Bluegrass Guy is definitely not worthy of ever being in a relationship and that's all because of him. He believes it to be true, so it is true. He's already posted that when a girl asked him out to prom, he said something along the lines of ''Why would you wanna go to the prom with a loser like me?''. So this is something that's been going on for at least 25-30 years with him.
exactly, well it sure does seem there are far more men in the world than women that reach 30+ years of age without ever having had a relationship before, because women don't have to be the initiators

Old 02-13-2017, 06:50 PM

217 posts, read 237,753 times
Quote:
exactly, well it sure does seem there are far more men in the world than women that reach 30+ years of age without ever having had a relationship before, because women don't have to be the initiators
Exactly! And women get to DO the rejecting, instead of being the one who's rejected.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
This is why it is important to have a solid gang of friends. They always make sure their buddies are getting laid.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:26 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Exactly! And women get to DO the rejecting, instead of being the one who's rejected.
Men do plenty of rejecting. Both sides are engaging in weeding and sorting; it's a natural part of the process. Not to mention all the women who are never in a position to reject, because they're never approached.

Get over yourself, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships