Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 04:26 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,969,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
How do you get the clap if you never date anyone?

Mercy clap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 05:05 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You see ugly and you fear ugly because you feel ugly.
Seriously, you are completely wrong about me.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:20 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,246 times
Seems like City-Data attracts certain guys who are real losers. Some just whine whine whine...

Old 01-08-2017, 05:59 PM

997 posts, read 937,850 times
I am so glad to know this because I was just wondering about your dating life.

It is of the utmost concern. All the girls are wondering where you have been keeping yourself these days.

People are talking.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:29 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Dating can suck when you feel like you aren't getting anywhere despite your best efforts and it can be frustrating because you don't know what's wrong with you. I don't believe in kicking while they're down so I'll try to empathize with the OP here. The guy is obviously in a rut and doesn't know what to do. What do you do in dating when you don't know what's wrong?

Old 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Okay, so you can't have the women you want and you hate dating.

What's the plan?

Are you just going to keep ranting about it?

or

Are you going to just let it go and stop caring?

Old 01-08-2017, 07:05 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,728,899 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Today I was able to come up with an analogy for why I don't try to change the fact that I'm single:

"For the same reason that someone on Unemployment doesn't bother getting a job if the only jobs he qualifies for are $8/hour fast food jobs."
My interpretation of this is straight out no ambition.
Someone with ambition see the value in all opportunities in helping them achieve a goal.
Ex Working at a fast food restaurant could help you gain skills that you could apply to another job ... or use to open your own fast food restaurant or one day become the CEO of a fast food chain. Even billionaires start somewhere ... but nothing happens unless you get off your butt and start.

Also in terms of dating.... the person you don't think is so great at face value ... might end up being the best person in the world for you. You never know unless you actually give me a chance.

People who lack drive never succeed in any area.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:06 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Seems like City-Data attracts certain guys who are real losers. Some just whine whine whine...
I don't get it. I thought all guys on the internet looked like the front cover of GQ, were star athletes, and were really wealthy? I'm certainly not going to admit to anything but that. LOL

Old 01-08-2017, 07:08 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,709,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Sounds reasonable, 'Duth.

If all you can attract are fatties and/or ugly chicks, then yeah, living the simpler single life is probably best...
If this is what you attract, then what does that say about you?

Old 01-08-2017, 07:17 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
In my experience, the people who demonstrate the most contempt for "ugly" people are those who believe they themselves are hideously "ugly." It's a form of self-loathing.

They see ugly everywhere, whereas the rest of us with self-respect (no matter how we look) will tell you we rarely see people we consider truly ugly and unworthy of our gaze.
Brilliant! I didn't know there were so many ugly people! I can't even remember referring to anyone as ugly in a story or description. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships