Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 08:14 PM

109 posts, read 52,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
maybe his arm fell asleep ?

what would've been an acceptable txt ?
When I talked about the text I just thought no need to thank me, I enjoyed the night too. But I realized I was being ridiculous.

Anyway, he texted me today asking me to do STDs test. And his text was something like this: "At the start of a relationship, we both should get tested, blah blah..."

Am I reading too much into "at the start of a relationship..."?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 08:49 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,811,513 times
STD testing? Isn't STD testing usually done before sex?

Old 01-26-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
STD testing? Isn't STD testing usually done before sex?
It is but little too late now. He also asked me (few days ago) if I would be willing to use a pill instead condoms in the future, so... testing is, I guess, a logical thing to do (even if little late).

Old 01-27-2017, 12:13 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,578,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguist View Post
It is but little too late now. He also asked me (few days ago) if I would be willing to use a pill instead condoms in the future, so... testing is, I guess, a logical thing to do (even if little late).
two ways to look at this. is he asking for these accommodations to increase his satisfaction. or is he asking because he is planning on one day moving in together/marriage (also the use of rubbers can be psychologically less intimate ?) ...

either way family planning and avoiding the spread of disease is responsible.

so which would you prefer (using condoms or remembering to take a pill every day) ? did you tell him which you would prefer ?

Old 01-27-2017, 12:17 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguist View Post
makes total sense. He wants to have a relationship and only sleep with you. Therefore, he doesn't want to have to worry about STDs and wants to get tested so you can maybe take the pill.

It would only be late if you slept unprotected with him. Which you didn't.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
two ways to look at this. is he asking for these accommodations to increase his satisfaction. or is he asking because he is planning on one day moving in together/marriage (also the use of rubbers can be psychologically less intimate ?) ...

either way family planning and avoiding the spread of disease is responsible.

so which would you prefer (using condoms or remembering to take a pill every day) ? did you tell him which you would prefer ?
He said something like this: "Would you be willing to consider getting on a pill. I am not asking right now, but maybe later." And I said: "yeah that could be an option." He never brought it up again and yesterday, he asked me to get tested (he will do the same, as well).

It definitely means he is planning to stick around for a while. Whether, he wants something serious or not... I guess time will tell, but his wording caught my attention (at the start of a relationship). Ahhh women

Old 01-27-2017, 12:29 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
It really sounds like he is not a very romantic person and doesn't really know how to bring things up or communicate about these kinds of topics. The way he asked about the pill?

It's more than just you two not knowing each other; it's more awkward. If you do stick around, you're going to have to be very patient.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It really sounds like he is not a very romantic person and doesn't really know how to bring things up or communicate about these kinds of topics. The way he asked about the pill?

It's more than just you two not knowing each other; it's more awkward. If you do stick around, you're going to have to be very patient.
Ahhhh, the reason this thread is so long, I guess. And the reason I am still sticking around. I dont know if that is just his personality or what but definitely requires patience.
Another example, we texted yesterday, he asked me about my day, I asked him back, and so on. That was around 8pm. Then, at 11.30 he texts me good night. I was already asleep and saw it in this morning and replied "good morning, have a great day." No reply.
I dont get it. We never texted good night before (we dont even text every single day). I was happy he maybe wants to start doing it, and then no reply to good morning. Aghhggg

Old 01-27-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

These may not be the exact words he used but that was the point- to start using a pill at some point.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:55 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,456,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
makes total sense. He wants to have a relationship and only sleep with you.
I missed something.

When/where did he say he wanted that?
(Are we just assuming what we are hoping/wishing for instead of putting on our big girl pants and discussing the situation clearly like grownups?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships