Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 05:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Well you have to ask yourself what about that sounds attractive.

It's pretty repellent behavior, to most people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 06:23 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Well you have to ask yourself what about that sounds attractive.

It's pretty repellent behavior, to most people.

Very true. Is she trying to make it so that I stay single so she can have me whenever she wants?

Last edited by DK736; 10-05-2017 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 10-05-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy1988 View Post
Very true. Is she trying to make it so that I stay single so she can't have me whenever she wants?
Nah I think she just is immature and wants to be the center of attention.

It's not REALLY about you. It's all about her.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Nah I think she just is immature and wants to be the center of attention.

It's not REALLY about you. It's all about her.
Hmmm, I'm starting to see it now. Is she really truthful when she said the sexual part is done?

Old 10-05-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, I'm starting to see it now. Is she really truthful when she said the sexual part is done?
I'm sure if you hit her up, she could be talked into it.

That still doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I'm telling you ... for your sake ... you need to make a clean break... and mean it.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:50 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
OP, I was in a similar situation a few months ago. Some of the posters here know it well (the 60-y.o. widow); you were not in a relationship, you were FWB, and no more. She doesn't want you, but she doesn't want anyone else to have you. Do what I did - cut ties with her, walk away and don't look back! She will probably continue to contact you, but you just need to move on.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:56 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
I've always had better chemistry with women older than me than younger, I think it's due to the fact my mother had me when she was very young (19). The first time I did it with a woman about 15 years my senior. Even now, my wife is 6 years older than me. My first wife was 7 and a half years younger, but it was a fiasco. So if you get along fine with that older woman, go for it! maybe they have more "baggage" but they have more experience of life and in my experience, more tolerant than younger women and girls who know nothing of life save "I want to have a baby". I think n the future they will be more couples where the wife is a "cougar"...

Old 10-06-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
OP, I was in a similar situation a few months ago. Some of the posters here know it well (the 60-y.o. widow); you were not in a relationship, you were FWB, and no more. She doesn't want you, but she doesn't want anyone else to have you. Do what I did - cut ties with her, walk away and don't look back! She will probably continue to contact you, but you just need to move on.

Thank you for your advice! Yes, I know it wasn't a relationship, but she made it feel like one. FWB's don't hold each other in their arms and have a soft ambient lamp connected to a headboard left on because she wants to, "gaze into my gorgeous dark eyes and savor the moment." I wanted a label, or at least boundaries, and she didn't She said we had too much history and were too custom to have that stuff.

Lately, I have been the one to text, although it's once a week and I just say hi. However, I do see what you are saying. She told me something I wrote on social media was about her because she won't hangout with me, when it was clearly about women from my past who turned me down who suddenly have an interest me now that I have lost a lot of weight. We fought for 3 days straight over that. A week later I texted her and we talked like the fight never happened.

That's one thing that I find odd. We fight, then we talk like the fight never happened. She tells me the sexual part has been over and to let it go and there's no need to stay in touch, yet she responds to me when I text. Sometimes she doesn't but if I text her a few days later she will. Or she will get back and apologize for not replying.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:40 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Thank you for your advice! Yes, I know it wasn't a relationship, but she made it feel like one. FWB's don't hold each other in their arms and have a soft ambient lamp connected to a headboard left on because she wants to, "gaze into my gorgeous dark eyes and savor the moment."
Sure they do. That's life in post-coital la-la land and it doesn't matter if you are friends or in a committed relationship.

If she rolled over and ignored you, I doubt that would feel good.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Sure they do. That's life in post-coital la-la land and it doesn't matter if you are friends or in a committed relationship.

If she rolled over and ignored you, I doubt that would feel good.

Yeah, I see your point. I just find it odd how she says the sexual part of the relationship is over, there isn't a need to keep in touch, yet she still has my number. If I text her she replies back.

I guess she's just lying and is trying to turn me into a convenience when she needs it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships