Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 12:24 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,272,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy1988 View Post
Yeah that's true. Yet she'll still respond to my texts. Some days she won't, but for the most part she will, and then we just start talking.
Everyone needs love and companionship if not a good friend. You can be any or all of those things for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 10:23 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,324,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Everyone needs love and companionship if not a good friend. You can be any or all of those things for her.

Thats very true. Well yesterday I sent her a pic of me after leaving the barbershop, because she always loved those kind of pics. I didn't get a reply back.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:42 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,760,090 times
I think it's pretty clear that she is trying to let you down gently. But she is doing it wrong. She should stop responding completely and wait for you to get the message.

She obviously cares for you enough to try to spare your ego, but not enough to want to remain friends in any conventional sense.

OP, how long do you think you'll need to get the message?

Time for the puppy to become a mature dog.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:14 AM

9,380 posts, read 6,996,591 times
Quote:
So I have always had a thing for this girl's mother that I knew. I have wanted her since I was 16, and she confessed the same to me. She waited until I was 18 and we hooked up, but didn't have sex because she didn't want to move too fast since I was her youngest. We got into a fight when it almost leaked out and stopped talking. We reconnected this year. 11 years later, here we are. I am now 29, and she is 49, and when we patched things up, she admitted she still had a thing for me, so we made it happen. The sex was amazing. She texted me that night telling me how much she enjoyed it and was so happy we did it. She said we have great chemistry, and I am very intimate and affectionate with her. We texted everyday, until she said she thought this over again and said she didn't want to be a hookup. She said we got it out of our systems and it's done.

Any advice would be great. Thank you.
I'm curious exactly how did you muck this up when you were 18? You could have been in the cream then yet you did something to leak it.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:25 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,760,090 times
OP, after reading your original message again, it occurs to me that you only had sex twice, and that was over a 2 week period more than 6 months ago?

I am not sure why you think she is still desperately wanting you. What is giving you that impression?

Quote:
So I tried taking her out but she keeps saying she's busy. When I tried setting a date, no answer. I finally asked her what's up, and if she actually wants to hang out. She said she thought about it and said it isn't a good idea to hang out because I have too much tension built up. she says the fling lasted too long, although it was for like 2 weeks. Then she said I can't handle flings because I'm not letting this go, and I'm too "fragile" to do one. All I was doing was calling her out for flaking on me. She says we can be friends but we can't hangout.

Old 10-08-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I'm curious exactly how did you muck this up when you were 18? You could have been in the cream then yet you did something to leak it.
It was super hard to do but the stakes were high so I had to. A friend was snooping on my computer and found our chat session because AIM used to store them in your computer. He immediately put two and two together and started telling everyone.

Old 10-08-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OP, after reading your original message again, it occurs to me that you only had sex twice, and that was over a 2 week period more than 6 months ago?

I am not sure why you think she is still desperately wanting you. What is giving you that impression?
It was more than twice. Once we went back on again, it was for a few weeks. And we had sex multiple times each night/day. Matter of fact, one Sunday, all we did was have sex.

When I went home that night she texted me and said she missed her bed buddy and begged me to come back over. She said it had been so long since someone touched her in all the right places and gave her that much affection, and she told me loved that I could give her an orgasm. She would work me back up and go another round working 10 to 15 minutes because, "she wanted hers too."

We texted every single day. On days or weekends we couldn't hang out she would text me and tell me she missed me, or asked to cone see her at her job.

Old 10-08-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

I should have clarified. She was saying it was two weeks but it went on for a bit longer. And the we were on once more in the beginning of June. She kept in touch with me all of summer and would text me saying I could grab some food at her job when she was working to spend some time together.

Like I said, there was even that Sunday she found out I was at the same beach as her and texted me the next day telling me how she looked for me and couldn't find me. Then follows up with saying we should go out for lunch or dinner soon. This is why I don't understand what she wants.

Old 10-08-2017, 01:47 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,272,365 times
Quote:
This is why I don't understand what she wants.
Ask her what she wants. If the answer is not clear....ask her to explain it until it is clear.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:11 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,030,056 times
Quote:
This is why I don't understand what she wants.
She enjoys having sex but deep down wishes y'all were closer in age.

She can't reconcile that in her heart and knows she doesn't have the will or fortitude to go public with a relationship with you.

That's my best guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships