Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2018, 12:18 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,605,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Not sorry, blowing $100 on someone you don’t even know = stupid.
No, what's stupid is thinking of the date only in terms of scoring or not. If you choose an activity or restaurant that you would enjoy anyway, this is not an issue. There may not be a match, but at least it was probably a fabulous meal. It's all about what you feel comfortable doing, and if he likes fine dining, what's wrong with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 12:23 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,075,296 times
I sometimes wonder how any of you men that complain about dating, and "spending money" ever get laid? I'm serious. I can't imagine a woman going out on a date with one of you fellas and having fun.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:30 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,813,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
No, what's stupid is thinking of the date only in terms of scoring or not. If you choose an activity or restaurant that you would enjoy anyway, this is not an issue. There may not be a match, but at least it was probably a fabulous meal. It's all about what you feel comfortable doing, and if he likes fine dining, what's wrong with that?
The only thing I want to “score” is a possible connection. The problem is most girls in DC I date, I want to get the hell away from once the date is over. I don’t feel inclined to pay for their , which I find as an insult to injury since I already wasted time for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
I sometimes wonder how any of you men that complain about dating, and "spending money" ever get laid? I'm serious. I can't imagine a woman going out on a date with one of you fellas and having fun.
Honestly I don’t give a about getting laid at this point, I’d settle for a woman who does not bore me to tears when she opens her mouth.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:36 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,075,296 times
Honestly I don’t give a about getting laid at this point, I’d settle for a woman who does not bore me to tears when she opens her mouth.[/quote]

Dude, you seem exhausting. Constantly overthinking everything it seems. Relax man. This should be fun, not work. There shouldn't be some sort of ROI analysis.

If you're constantly picking up women that bore you to tears, maybe the problem isn't them.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:36 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,884,686 times
Quote:
Thank you! I actually don't believe they're speaking form experience. What I hope for the ladies is that they notice this "We aint spending any money! You will not be getting a free dinner outa this guy" thinking right off the bat so they can get next-ed. The guys will then think it's bc women are gold diggers, but who cares anyway.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Nope. For some people a night out = $100. Why would you differentiate your activities when it is a date or with your friends. You are just doing your normal stuff and sometimes inviting someone you want to get to know.

It is pretty common around here to drop $40/person on a regular dinner. And that might happen a few times a week (in certain circles). It can be tricky if you don’t have the income to support it but many do. And they usually all hang out together.
Exactly. That part right there in bold type. If the date involves going to a restaurant you love, or some activity you really enjoy, the evening isn't a complete failure even if the first date doesn't lead to a second one. You may not have found the love of your life, or even "gotten any," but at least you've enjoyed a great meal or a wonderful concert.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,064,988 times
Quote:
The only thing I want to “score” is a possible connection. The problem is most girls in DC I date, I want to get the hell away from once the date is over. I don’t feel inclined to pay for their , which I find as an insult to injury since I already wasted time for nothing.

Honestly I don’t give a about getting laid at this point, I’d settle for a woman who does not bore me to tears when she opens her mouth.
Holy cow...dude, you need some help with your picker.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:39 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,054,579 times
Quote:

I'm surprised at that. DC has such a highly educated population of women, a good arts/music scene, and so many of the people are involved in political causes and public policy. I would think they would be fascinating to talk to, in general.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So, that's you. The next guy might have a different attitude. Isn't he allowed his?

While I personally love a coffee first date, I feel like there's a lot of defensiveness by guys who don't like to spend money, against guys who like to spend money. Like shaming them will make them stop it, or something. It won't. Some people have a lot of funds, and spend them. It is what it is.

The exception I'd take here is when a guy DOESN'T have the money, puts it out there anyway hoping to get something "back" (ahem) then hates all womankind for being "materialistic." I mean if you're putting it out there...do so graciously and without expectations of what amounts to a prostitution situation. Otherwise, if you don't have the money to spend don't spend it. It is really that simple. Plenty of women are fine with lower-key first dates so...

But by the same token, there's no need to come down over and over again on guys who do have the money, and cheerfully spend it on what they consider something worth spending on: a date. We ALL have things we are willing to spend on that other people would find absolutely silly and a waste. Cool electronics, vacations...fantasy football, LOL...movies (for ourselves), there is always something we "could be spending less on." I don't feel this subject comes so much down to it ACTUALLY being ridiculous to spend money on a date because it's not a good investment, as it comes down to defensiveness. We choose what to "blow" our money on...all of us do. This is first world nation territory, we all do it, there's no one way that's "less wasteful" than the next.
Can't rep you again just now.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,064,988 times
Quote:
Is that we do today when we are "gobsmacked"? Tell the entire world?

Both of these individuals have problems up the yin yang, judging by their conduct throughout this entire ordeal. I would be embarrassed if I were either of them.
Yes, that's what kids do "today." Tweet about everything. You haven't noticed? This isn't new.

I would be way more embarrassed to be the psycho than the person saying, "Help. There's a psycho who has now billed me twice for not getting what he wanted from me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships