Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2018, 05:23 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
[/b]
EXACTLY!!! And this is not cheap for women. It costs money! And you don't know what those women did because as a man you don't know the effort and cost that goes into to even basic female maintenance because you are not a woman. All a man has to do is shave and get a haircut.
!
Nah, the woman I'm most into now doesn't wear make up (at all, not even lip gloss or basic foundation), do pedis/manis, and I see her in regular work clothes (which in her line are, ah, frumpty) and she is hot, cause she is hot, and chemistry). But, I dont find dressing up types hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 05:34 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
No what's silly is using that an excuse to put the burden of paying on the guy.
It is an equal burden based on basic biology. The way a woman dresses or wearing certain colors increases male attractiveness.

Men want beauty, access to a woman's body, and support from women. Women want men who can provide for them and their offspring in exchange for that access and support. That is what marriage and relationships have always been. By paying for things, a man is showing that he is willing to be a provider, a woman making herself appealing to a man's senses is her being the woman he wants to have access to. It's basic. A man who is cheap and complains about paying for dates is someone who is selfish and won't be a good provider if we want to look at the bigger picture.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:46 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
It is an equal burden based on basic biology. The way a woman dresses or wearing certain colors increases male attractiveness.

Men want beauty, access to a woman's body, and support from women. Women want men who can provide for them and their offspring in exchange for that access and support. That is what marriage and relationships have always been. By paying for things, a man is showing that he is willing to be a provider, a woman making herself appealing to a man's senses is her being the woman he wants to have access to. It's basic. A man who is cheap and complains about paying for dates is someone who is selfish and won't be a good provider if we want to look at the bigger picture.
That is so not true. I have no problem providing, the point of dating is to see if I WANT to provide anything to that particular woman. If I'm not inclined to, why provide her with even a meal?

Old 04-29-2018, 05:58 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:

This view of dating sounds a bit...transactional...for my taste. Yuck.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:08 PM

814 posts, read 760,231 times
Quote:

Yeah, you can take that sh*t back to 1950.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:

Please define cheap. I'd like to have a good laugh.

Talk about archaic.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:06 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
I've found that most people will call you cheap when you don't want to spend YOUR money on them.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:58 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I rarely hear about people complaining about this kind of stuff IRL.

I don't expect ANYONE to pay for me and I always come prepared. Whether it's a date or it's just me hanging out with a friend.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:22 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
This view of dating sounds a bit...transactional...for my taste. Yuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
Yeah, you can take that sh*t back to 1950.

Agreed. None of that is attractive.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:48 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezIsGone View Post
See? This is why you don't waste money on the first date. Find a free activity to find out if she's even worth your time. Don't just think you're obligated to woo someone. Never put in more effort than you're receiving unless you somehow like one-sided relationships.
I just don’t see this, maybe it’s a generational thing, maybe it’s because I live 3000 miles from you guys. and we take a different approach.
I have to choose my words carefully, I’ve already had a shot across my bows for speaking my mind a tad strongly, but I just can’t imagine looking for a free activity for a date, just to see if she’s “worth my time.”
I would think that the fact that I’d asked a woman out, must mean that I think she’s more than “worth my time.”
On re-thinking this, you all may be concentrating on online dating, I never, ever, did that, all the women I dated I met at parties, weddings, bars etc., or sometimes they were women that had hailed my taxi, and initiated a friendly conversation, then made it obvious that they wouldn’t be annoyed if I suggested coffee sometime, but would cheerfully just say yes or no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
I still don't get why it's mostly guys who pay for dates. I would never pay for someone on the first date, or expect someone to pay for me. You pay for your meal, I pay for mine. I pay for yours when I get to know you. And screw that kissing/sex on the first/second date. I don't kiss strangers! In my case I waited until the 7th date to get physical with who I am with.
My initial thought here, was that we perhaps live in different worlds,
but on second thought, it may be different galaxies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I've found that most people will call you cheap when you don't want to spend YOUR money on them.
Once again I find myself lost, maybe I did it all wrong when I was in the dating game, but if I felt attracted to a woman, and invited her out on a date, the way that I saw it, I’d pick up the check, that’s the way that it worked in my world.
If I didn’t want to spend MY money when I was out with a woman, but expected her to spend hers, I WOULD be cheap IMO, and I’d expect to be seen that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships