Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2018, 04:15 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You make no sense. If you're not interested in dating the women you describe they should have no relevance to your scientific formula for getting a date.

Here, watch: I don't eat offal. I will never buy or eat offal. Ergo - I don't need to know where to buy offal, how much it costs, or how it's packaged.
The more I read this thread the more it sounds like everyone is trying to explain the concept of love to a robot.

Old 07-04-2018, 04:23 PM

52,304 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The more I read this thread the more it sounds like everyone is trying to explain the concept of love to a robot.
The quirks and idiosyncrasies and illogical behavior that human beings are capable of make it tough to take a paint by the numbers approach to dealing with affairs of the heart.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:28 PM
RJ_

743 posts, read 392,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

Old 07-04-2018, 05:28 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,136,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
Well, yes. Everyone adjusts their expectations as they get older, you have to or you'll be stuck in the past holding out hope that somehow the world will change on your account.

What I've seen a lot of in my admittedly new foray into OLD, is that there's an unusually high number of 35-45 year old people who are refusing to adjust their expectations according to their marketability. Basically, they're in denial. You have 40 year old women who still think Prince Charming is going to come scoop her up and off to his castle. Then you have the ones who simply won't make room for a new partner because they're not willing to change anything about their lifestyle.

Inevitably these people will be forced to adjust their standards if they don't want to spend the rest of their lives alone.
You still don't understand what I was trying to communicate.

I did not adjust my expectations! My feelings naturally adjusted themselves as I aged. I have the same expectations as I always did. Women several years younger than I am now look just as good as 20 year old women looked to me at 27. If you're 27 and look at a 55 year old woman you will probably think she looks old, but if you're 65 looking at the same 55 year old you think she's a cute babe!

I think you and I are just going to have to accept that young people (35-45) probably have quite a different OLD experience than senior citizens. We may be on the same site but we are dating different populations, differing by a significant number of years. (20-25 years)

Old 07-04-2018, 09:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
I don't judge people based only on what their profile says.
You started a whole thread judging people's profiles.

You literally said not one single woman in a 250-mile radius had anything "unique" to say.

Your judgment was entirely based on what their profiles said.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:42 AM

207 posts, read 108,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
You still don't understand what I was trying to communicate.

I did not adjust my expectations! My feelings naturally adjusted themselves as I aged. I have the same expectations as I always did. Women several years younger than I am now look just as good as 20 year old women looked to me at 27. If you're 27 and look at a 55 year old woman you will probably think she looks old, but if you're 65 looking at the same 55 year old you think she's a cute babe!

I think you and I are just going to have to accept that young people (35-45) probably have quite a different OLD experience than senior citizens. We may be on the same site but we are dating different populations, differing by a significant number of years. (20-25 years)
More likely you came to accept the fact that you can no longer attract attractive 20 year old women anymore. So you make do with those older women because sex, up to a point, with someone who ain't all that pretty and fit and firm, is better than no sex at all.

I know a guy just like that. He was rather handsome when he was 15-25, but then he lost his hair, got some extra pounds on him, and his facial skin took a nosedive because of all those years under the sun, and without much care to boot. Now he tells me the women he can attract are as attractive to him as the women he used to [bleep] when he was 15-25, but then I find him staring wishfully at the young women at the bar hahaha

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-05-2018 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:02 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Hey, RJ, I'm curious dude, do you gather data into a spreadsheet on how many days that various women in your area are on OLD sites so as to assess how their unrealistic expectations are causing them to continue being alone, so that you can then explain to them in messages where on the curve they are and provide citations to inform them about how their own sexuality works according to Kinsey and other studies, and tell them the relevant points of masculine attractiveness that you display, what parts of their brains are supposed to be stimulated by that, and tell them that they are stupid and wrong if they don't go on a date with you (which should not need to be "fun" because fun is just frivolous nonsense and not what you're looking for)...? Do you explain to them how appealing they are based on symmetry and fertility markers? And let them know to stop with all of the selective behavior and ridiculous standards, quit being so illogical, lest they die alone, as each day (and they've been single for X number of days, since you've been counting) increases the odds of dying alone by a factor of Y?

Are you also gathering data on the results of this experiment? Will you be publishing a paper? Inquiring minds want to know.

Actually you might do better just sending them Spock memes. I quite enjoyed that last one, by the way, so thanks for that.

O-hey, to those (Marshyy) debating if women like "older" men, I really believe that's a case of programming being more dominant than wiring, in other words--Sure, Nature is a thing, but so also is Nurture and if you discount it then you are not seeing the whole picture. Most 19 year old men would not marry a 72 year old woman. But there was a news story being dissected in another forum of that very thing happening. The dude was raised by his Grandma, and I think that probably had a WHOLE LOT to do with him finding joy in an older lady (even if he will always be an odd case.) I received the best nurturing from the older generations of relatives in my own family, which I believe is a strong factor in my appreciation for older people, including older partners. I also have a lot of family programming as a caregiver, as I was put into that role at a young age...so the idea of caring for an aging partner does not bother me. Hence, I'm with a guy a full generation older than I am. But I'm very happy with this.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:07 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshyy View Post
More likely you came to accept the fact that you can no longer attract attractive 20 year old women anymore. So you make do with those older women because sex, up to a point, with someone who ain't all that pretty and fit and firm, is better than no sex at all.

Have you ever actually been in a successful long term relationship? There's a big difference between renting someone for a few hours to have sex with them and actually living with them for many years.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:31 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,136,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshyy View Post
I'm not interested in having sex with children. What happens when I want to discuss music and mention The Beatles and she thinks I'm talking about bugs?

Old 07-05-2018, 09:33 AM
RJ_

743 posts, read 392,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Hey, RJ, I'm curious dude, do you gather data into a spreadsheet on how many days that various women in your area are on OLD sites so as to assess how their unrealistic expectations are causing them to continue being alone, so that you can then explain to them in messages where on the curve they are and provide citations to inform them about how their own sexuality works according to Kinsey and other studies, and tell them the relevant points of masculine attractiveness that you display, what parts of their brains are supposed to be stimulated by that, and tell them that they are stupid and wrong if they don't go on a date with you (which should not need to be "fun" because fun is just frivolous nonsense and not what you're looking for)...? Do you explain to them how appealing they are based on symmetry and fertility markers? And let them know to stop with all of the selective behavior and ridiculous standards, quit being so illogical, lest they die alone, as each day (and they've been single for X number of days, since you've been counting) increases the odds of dying alone by a factor of Y?

Are you also gathering data on the results of this experiment? Will you be publishing a paper? Inquiring minds want to know.

Actually you might do better just sending them Spock memes. I quite enjoyed that last one, by the way, so thanks for that.
It all depends on how my interactions with these women progress. My exwife and I would have deep, analytical discussions all the time. We'd read books together and then talk for hours about what we learned and our objective or subjective interpretations. I'm currently talking with a woman from Florida and our conversations have moved into more advanced topics. Of course, I have to dial it back quite a bit because I don't want to scare her off. But that's something I've been working on for quite some time, and I believe I can perform enough self moderation to have a healthy relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships