Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2018, 10:52 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshyy View Post
Low testosterone or they are out of shape and feel that approaching women would turn into nothing.

What did those women look like?

Then there's something wrong with them. I've rejected women I wasn't attracted to, and if I wasn't attracted to them it was because of a reason they can fix.

That, I will never understand. But then again there are 40 year old men making a living playing video games everyday, the world is becoming strange.
Believe it or not, these women were good looking. To me they were good looking.

Also to add, attractive women get rejected as well.

For example, many men find Katy Perry attractive. She isn't attractive to me at all.

That is probably it. They didn't find them attractive and said nothing to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 10:56 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
As, probably, most of those do who worked their member until it almost fell off.
I took dating seriously once I graduated and met someone at a friends cookout.

We've been dating for 7 months... She asked me out and usually I don't accept dates from women who approach me.

But I went against that and have a wonderful girlfriend now cause of that.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:41 PM

477 posts, read 276,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Oh god, didn't we just go through a whole thing proving that this is not true? Most women do not get hit on several times a day every day. They do not. Bartenders and waitresses, maybe, but your average Jane, not so much.
Wait wait wait.

Did the USA, if not the world, just go through the whole #MeToo hullabaloo?

Did not woman after woman after woman share her story about how some guy came on to her "inappropriately" left and right and every damn day?

Were we not told that it's "not only" hot starlet-type women who "endure" such unwanted attention, but women of ALL levels of appearance?

So which is it?

Old 07-07-2018, 10:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
Wait wait wait.

Did not woman after woman after woman share her story about how some guy came on to her "inappropriately" left and right and every damn day?

Were we not told that it's "not only" hot starlet-type women who "endure" such unwanted attention, but women of ALL levels of appearance?

So which is it?
MANY women have experienced this but have you heard a single one say it happens every day to her specifically???? (Except for childhood sexual abuse which may be a regular occurrence by the same abuser.)

Old 07-07-2018, 10:54 PM

574 posts, read 377,026 times
This started out with meeting women in a yoga class. There are better choices at the gyms. 15 years ago when I was in the best shape of my life I tried a 1 hour yoga glass. I thought since I lift several thousand pounds in a workout I would likely breeze thru the yoga stuff. They don't even use weights, how hard could it be?

An hour later every part of my body was complaining. If you are trying to meet women, a yoga class might not be a good choice since you will not be looking your best. The spin classes are a little easier along with the pump/aerobics classes.

I am dealing with severe grief and the gym is at this time my only social event of the day. I go every day, I have goals and that's another story. There are all ages of people at my gym and so far I have not met anyone who was not friendly.

I have no problem making small talk with women. Maybe they can tell I am harmless? Since I have no desired results or expectations, conversation has become very easy. Today a girl with a headset was doing her routines and smiling to herself. It looked strange. Turns out she was listening to stand up comedians.

If you are giggling and laughing, people are going to be curious. I have never had someone not smile and remove the earphones when I got their attention.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:55 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
Yes, they do. The vast majority of women get hit on daily. Several times a day. Now, take into account that I'm talking about average women.

Extremely true. Any woman getting hit on less than daily either has essentially monastic daily routines or is quite subpar. Even subpar women who are over 30 or 40, overweight, and single moms have no shortage of male options.

Quote:
Are you seriously telling me that in 4 years of college no woman ever approached you?

It's been a while since I finished my Bachelor's degree. However, I've put some effort into thinking about how many times a woman approached me during those 4 years. During those 4 years, I was never overweight and had no physical deformities. That sentence is still true today. During my 4 years of college, I was approached less than 5 times by women. I clearly remember one instance while working my off campus job that a 45 year old grandmother (she mentioned having grand kids) hit on me. I vaguely remember about 1-2 other instances where I was approached. Every other time that I interacted with a woman, I was the initiator.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:07 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Here we go again with this oversupply of single men nonsense.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:13 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
Wait wait wait.

So which is it?
Unwanted attention and sexual harassment isn't the same thing as being approached sincerely and asked out. If you think it is, that's part of the problem.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:19 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Unwanted attention and sexual harassment isn't the same thing as being approached sincerely and asked out. If you think it is, that's part of the problem.
Well, that's where there's a grey area. Define "Unwanted" attention?

Saturday Night Live satirized this situation lol

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...nd-you/2751966

Of course, this is kind of exaggerated as there's some context left out of it, but one would have define "unwanted" attention though.

It all depends on who you ask, it depends on the specific individual who deems it as such.

Also, I read some article somewhere, usually this is with the 20-something age bracket that there's a good percentage of women that actually find being approached on the street or complimented to be a form...of...you guessed it...harassment.

Believe it or not, this is what our forefathers' did with women of the 1940s, 50s, 60s...that's how my dad met my mom (approached her on the beach cold turkey)

Old 07-08-2018, 09:08 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Well, that's where there's a grey area. Define "Unwanted" attention?

Saturday Night Live satirized this situation lol

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...nd-you/2751966

Of course, this is kind of exaggerated as there's some context left out of it, but one would have define "unwanted" attention though.

It all depends on who you ask, it depends on the specific individual who deems it as such.

Also, I read some article somewhere, usually this is with the 20-something age bracket that there's a good percentage of women that actually find being approached on the street or complimented to be a form...of...you guessed it...harassment.

Believe it or not, this is what our forefathers' did with women of the 1940s, 50s, 60s...that's how my dad met my mom (approached her on the beach cold turkey)
Unwanted attention is just that. Did you interrupt the woman to talk to her? Did she have to take off her headphones or put down her book to pay attention to you? Has she said that she has a boyfriend? Does she seem delighted to speak to you, or just merely tolerant? As we said in the #metoo thread that got moved to the cesspool of P&OC, some guys do get so worked about "scoring" and "winning" that they're not paying attention to the woman who is their target and what she actually wants. She doesn't want to talk. She's not buying what you're selling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships