Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2018, 10:37 AM

947 posts, read 1,186,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
For what? Thought crimes?

I think they deserve sympathy. I’m not going to deny that some of them hate women, but most of them seem to be guys who are genuinely frustrated by the cards that they were dealt. People hate to admit it, but some people will have it harder when it comes to dating due to factors that are out of their control, especially when it comes to looks.

I also find it ironic that some people will throw around insults like “virgin”, “incel”, “basement dweller”, etc. and then wonder why some of these guys become angry and eventually violent.
It's okay to be frustrated. Sad reality is, the mainstream incels resort to violence to voice their frustration. Those are the types I have no sympathy for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 01:30 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Incels?

Old 09-22-2018, 01:41 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Incels?
A term too loosely used around here to describe people for whom you disagree.

But a true incel, from what I gathered here, is man who has become angry and bitter at all women, referring to all women in a spiteful and dehumanizing manner--usually feeling his gender alone entitles him to some form of relationship with women.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:30 PM

867 posts, read 721,273 times
Incel = involuntary celibate; can apply to either sex but tends to be used for men, particularly of the type that picardlx describes.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linesfem View Post
public incels should be put in jail.

nobody is owed sex or relationships.
For what exactly? Sure some incels are violent and hate women (I don't feel bad for those incels).. But there are non violent ones that aren't dangerous they are just extremely awkward and nervous around women (those are the ones who I feel bad for).

Old 09-22-2018, 07:27 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post

But a true incel, from what I gathered here, is man who has become angry and bitter at all women, referring to all women in a spiteful and dehumanizing manner--usually feeling his gender alone entitles him to some form of relationship with women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Incel = involuntary celibate; can apply to either sex but tends to be used for men, particularly of the type that picardlx describes.
Thanks!

Old 09-27-2018, 06:01 PM

661 posts, read 521,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post

Or "angry"/"bitter" = "hate" to some people.
The thing is that they don't seem to "hate" women as if it was inherent for them. The thought pattern in itself are just being extremely pissed with the modern status quo and wanting change. Not really any different than LGBT groups or other people fighting to change the status quo of society.

One thing that does disgust me is that "incel" or simply "being angry and bitter because women reject him" has become political for some people.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:21 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,106,292 times
There is entirely too much emphasis placed on romantic love in our culture, at the expense of platonic friendships and bonds between family members.

Old 12-09-2018, 12:56 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
My unpopular opinion is that traditional gender roles are bull****. Guys shouldn't have to always pay and women should not be afraid to ask a guy out if he seeks your fancy. When someone says old fashioned to me I run for the hills.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:59 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,969,068 times
If single I couldn’t date anyone 30 or younger... in general I can’t stomach that generation for longer than 10 min.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships