Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2018, 07:07 AM

5 posts, read 3,635 times

Advertisements

public incels should be put in jail.

nobody is owed sex or relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 05:43 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,673,089 times
This is a great thread

I think when two people start dating, they shouldn't expect anything.

Listen more than you talk.

Pay attention to red flags, they're there for a reason.

Don't project some kind of fantasy about the person you're dating that they're suppose to be everything you want.

If there are not similar values, morals, principal, upbringing, etc. and it isn't working out, then move on, don't waste your time trying to make it work.

No relationship is perfect, but especially starting out if there's one road block after another - then move on.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:52 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Lot of people are nervous on first dates. Why not consider them trial runs and make your evaluation on the second? (Experiment a little )
Because I have to pay for them and I’m not going to waste time on a second date when I had more than enough information to make a decision after a couple weeks of talking and one actual date.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:24 PM

947 posts, read 1,187,282 times
Child support should be eliminated.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:15 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,002,186 times
You should live together for awhile before getting married.

If sex doesn't happen within the first few dates (not counting religious/medical reasons), it's best to move on.

I think a lot of couples get married and have kids in such a short time period that they never give themselves the chance to get to know each other. The person you "thought" was your soulmate has vastly different values from you: i.e., you maintain a clean house and they're OK with a higher degree of messiness. You prefer to eat out sometimes while they only want to eat at home...but insist that you do all the cooking.

From the male perspective, if a woman can restrain herself with ease around me over multiple dates and close interaction...the likelihood of developing more passion is low. Even if you don't have a Netflix and Chill night on Date #3, it should be clear that she's using all of her willpower to keep you out of the bed. There's a certain degree of chemistry that needs to exist. If she's had trauma from the past, has strong religious convictions or some sort of medical issue...that's a different story.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:28 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
You should live together for awhile before getting married.

If sex doesn't happen within the first few dates (not counting religious/medical reasons), it's best to move on.

I think a lot of couples get married and have kids in such a short time period that they never give themselves the chance to get to know each other. The person you "thought" was your soulmate has vastly different values from you: i.e., you maintain a clean house and they're OK with a higher degree of messiness. You prefer to eat out sometimes while they only want to eat at home...but insist that you do all the cooking.

From the male perspective, if a woman can restrain herself with ease around me over multiple dates and close interaction...the likelihood of developing more passion is low. Even if you don't have a Netflix and Chill night on Date #3, it should be clear that she's using all of her willpower to keep you out of the bed. There's a certain degree of chemistry that needs to exist. If she's had trauma from the past, has strong religious convictions or some sort of medical issue...that's a different story.
Yes. Furthermore, some women are just like this, period, and will never have anything better than a mediocre drive for sex. Others, it may be a compatibility thing.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:14 PM

661 posts, read 522,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linesfem View Post
public incels should be put in jail.

nobody is owed sex or relationships.
Of course, the behavior of "incels" is awful and horrible.
We understand that nobody is entitled to sex or relationships.
But we can sympathize with their loneliness for never haven experienced any.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:21 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
Child support should be eliminated.
I would only pay for child support if the child stays with me since I should have a say where my money goes and how it's spent on the child.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:53 AM

710 posts, read 584,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
My unpopular opinion (so many to choose from): being friends with your exes is good.
If a girl tells me that she still regularly talks to her ex then I run for the hills. I got burned once by a girl who went back to her ex while leading me on to believe that she wanted a relationship with me. I’m not about to let that happen to me again. Not saying that all women do that, but I’m not taking any chances.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:58 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
The man should always pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships