Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 01:58 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I doubt I will change my mind but I don't want to be made fun of if I do. I can't really know what I'll do until the time comes. But, exclusivity IS REQUIRED, as is an expectation that we believe that it will be a LTR. I cannot make the final decision without her input. It's a two person decision, what's best for us together.
Yep, like two-part epoxy--gotta have both ingredients to make it work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 02:00 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,134,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline
I'm a believer that if you're not emotionally available to be hurt, you're also not emotionally available to fall in love.
By definition. You can't know someone you can't see, and you can't love someone you don't know.
Timber is stating an opinion that many subscribe to, including me.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:30 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
I doubt I will change my mind but I don't want to be made fun of if I do. I can't really know what I'll do until the time comes. But, exclusivity IS REQUIRED, as is an expectation that we believe that it will be a LTR. I cannot make the final decision without her input. It's a two person decision, what's best for us together.
No one makes fun of you for learning something new through experience and then having a different view. People will pick you apart like wolverines if they think you're being intentionally dishonest. Don't worry about it. I have vacillated back and forth from monogamy to polyandry to celibacy to musical chairs. I would have just stayed in my arrested development stage after divorce had I not just thought-- what the hell, I'm the one living this life I'll find out what it is I want. (After my daughter moved out, that is. hee.)
Still working on it.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:46 PM

Thanks. My comment was my advance notice to preclude that. I've realized that one doesn't make such decisions in a vacuum (where I am now) but rather this is something a couple decides together. I have my unicorn idea but there are always game changers to consider.

But I'm not up for DTF. That won't change. No casual sex. Exclusivity required.

Old 08-07-2018, 03:00 PM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 392,741 times
Quote:
But I'm not up for DTF. That won't change. No casual sex. Exclusivity required.
I think for me it has a lot to do with how physically attracted I am to the woman. I'm a sucker for beautiful ladies.

Old 08-07-2018, 03:04 PM

When I start thinking like that it's thinking with the wrong anatomic part. That's what I'm avoiding by not having casual sex. First decide the relationship. If that's a go then decide when the sex is right.

Old 08-07-2018, 03:12 PM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 392,741 times
Quote:
When I start thinking like that it's thinking with the wrong anatomic part. That's what I'm avoiding by not having casual sex. First decide the relationship. If that's a go then decide when the sex is right.
I don't have casual sex either, not generally. This past month I have a few times, but it was with women that I was pursuing an LTR with, so, I guess that's not casual. I suppose it depends on what your definition of casual sex is.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:01 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Oh man, it struck me as I was running. Demure. It's an odd word to use. Especially for a woman to use who will travel that far to spend with a guy for 5 days across country. She obviously isn't really demure in the classic definition. I think this all has to do with initiating sex. They did, and that's what he is calling not demure and being a turn off. How silly.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:36 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
I don't have casual sex either, not generally. This past month I have a few times, but it was with women that I was pursuing an LTR with, so, I guess that's not casual. I suppose it depends on what your definition of casual sex is.
How does one pursue an STR with multiple women in the same month? Those weren't LTR's . You told us you'd decided none of them were LTR material. You were screening them for LTR candidacy. That's very different from pursuing an LTR.

Notice how your narrative gradually changes during the course of the discussion--the story line you tell yourself, and others, as people share their values, their m.o.'s, and the reasons for them, with you.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:28 PM

"I only have casual sex occasionally..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships