Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 06:44 AM

71 posts, read 37,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
I agree totally. Plus if the date is going really bad it’s much easier to just leave from one of these settings than a restaurant.
That's actually a pro i didn't really think of, I suppose all these thing would be stuff paid for when entering rather than leaving, which makes it even easier.

Then again aborting a date is less dramatic than people make it out to be. I once just told a girl "You seem nice and all but I just don't see us having sparks fly and all that, do you mind if we just call it quits right here? She agreed and we both left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
That's exactly why I wouldn't date an extrovert who likes to go out.

Hmm I don't agree. You don't need shared experiences. I want to go deep when I first meet someone. I want to know their opinions about every crazy thing in the universe, from UFOs to politics to the supernatural to movies, music, books, etc. There is so much to talk about that if there are "awkward silences" when first hanging out with someone, I'd say that person isn't one to enjoy the type of conversation I'm into, and therefore not right for me.
Doesn't this leave you with demanding an introvert who keeps the conversation flowing?
Sounds like a tough find to me.

But what made me reply to you is rather this question;
What do you really find out about a question from what they say? I mean let's say you talk about the universe, UFOs, politics and pop culture like you mentioned.
What do you really find out?

I would argue you find out more relevant things if you do activities together and can observe the persons behavior. How does the person move?, does he/she solve obstacles etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 08:32 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,363,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I did not say that feminists could not appear feminine in looks. I said that they "do not understand the feminine desire to be provided for, cherished and protected."

I can not stand when feminists try to shame women who do not move throughout the world as they do. I am trying not to go on an off topic rant about this but if a woman in 2018 says (publicly) that her desire is to be a housewife or prefers "traditional" gender roles, the pitchforks come out.
You have a tendency to state your desires in a form that potentially insults people who don't share those desires. You say or strongly imply that women who don't agree with you aren't feminine and men who don't appreciate your desires aren't masculine. The kindest word I can describe you with is presumptuous.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:39 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,196,389 times
Men, please give up. You are freeing women to date men like me who don't care about the cost of dating.

Thank you.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:56 AM

4,046 posts, read 2,726,000 times
I had a first meet up/date last night and we both wanted it to be laid back and casual... we met at a place that has a lake with sidewalks, benches, and unique lighting in the middle of a shopping area with restaurants, outdoor bars, etc. We figured we would walk around the lake and talk and maybe grab a drink. We ended up talking for 2 hours and didn't even want to get any drinks

It was a great first date and both of us enjoyed it. Next time, we are having drinks and dinner. The point is that it is all about the company and the conversation, not so much about the cost.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:35 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,774,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
How do you become “well committed” before sex if your idea of a perfect date is to invite a man over to your place, cook for him, and watch Netflix? How many times can you do that without him trying to turn things sexual? And if you’re very, very low income, it doesn’t matter whether condoms suck. You need to use them anyway if you can’t afford to have children or would rather not acquire STDs.
post of the day

Old 10-04-2018, 04:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,232,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
I like this response.. but it is not just dating.. Cost of living is getting higher these days.. Food, water and electricity.. , rental/property, transport etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Inflation is up.
Inflation is not up, it's only up for some things, which is proof of the absence of Monetary Inflation. You are free to move to any of the 1,358 separately functioning economies in the US where the Cost-of-Living is far lower than where you are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by startingfromscratchagain View Post
First date shoukd always be walking around somewhere looking at scenery followed by a nibble to eat and some music.
That's a nice cheap date that serves a valuable purpose.

Quote:
How do you become “well committed” before sex if your idea of a perfect date is to invite a man over to your place, cook for him, and watch Netflix? How many times can you do that without him trying to turn things sexual?
A mature adult could do it 100% of the time. If you're unable to communicate your boundaries to others, you probably need to learn how to do that, and the sooner the better, so that you can become a more mature adult.

Quote:
And if you’re very, very low income, it doesn’t matter whether condoms suck. You need to use them anyway if you can’t afford to have children or would rather not acquire STDs.
I can't use them. I have never been able to use them. Casual sex never did anything for me, so I have no use for it. I have specific rules for dating, so that I will never date a woman who hasn't been single --meaning not in a committed relationship -- for at least 6 months, and who has never lived alone (I consider having a girlfriend room-mate during college or after high school and starting their lives to be living alone).

That allows me to avoid relationship-jumpers, women who have zero self-esteem and whose whole world revolves around having a man attached to their hip every second of their lives. I don't have the inclination or time to waste to fix them, or deal with their emotional problems.

Women with low self-esteem will stay in a relationship even when their man is sleeping around, because they are too limited mentally and can't handle not being in a relationship, so any relationship, even a violent one, bad as it may be, is better than no relationship at all in their eyes.

Those are the women most likely to have an STD, and you can reduce your risk dramatically by simply avoiding them.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:27 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,658,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Inflation is not up, it's only up for some things, which is proof of the absence of Monetary Inflation. You are free to move to any of the 1,358 separately functioning economies in the US where the Cost-of-Living is far lower than where you are now.

That's a nice cheap date that serves a valuable purpose.

A mature adult could do it 100% of the time. If you're unable to communicate your boundaries to others, you probably need to learn how to do that, and the sooner the better, so that you can become a more mature adult.

I can't use them. I have never been able to use them. Casual sex never did anything for me, so I have no use for it. I have specific rules for dating, so that I will never date a woman who hasn't been single --meaning not in a committed relationship -- for at least 6 months, and who has never lived alone (I consider having a girlfriend room-mate during college or after high school and starting their lives to be living alone).

That allows me to avoid relationship-jumpers, women who have zero self-esteem and whose whole world revolves around having a man attached to their hip every second of their lives. I don't have the inclination or time to waste to fix them, or deal with their emotional problems.

Women with low self-esteem will stay in a relationship even when their man is sleeping around, because they are too limited mentally and can't handle not being in a relationship, so any relationship, even a violent one, bad as it may be, is better than no relationship at all in their eyes.

Those are the women most likely to have an STD, and you can reduce your risk dramatically by simply avoiding them.
Glad you have it all figured out! But what is the reason that you can’t use condoms? Just curious.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:52 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,639,592 times
I don't know what I would do nowadays if I had to date again. Back in the 80's when I was young dating was simple.and cheap at least for me. A movie ticket was $3.00 a person bucks and maybe another $5.00 would get a nice size popcorn and 2 drinks. After the movie maybe a couple of slices of pizza and a couple of drinks another $10.00 or less. It was simple. I never went on dates with people I didn't know.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:57 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,658,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I don't know what I would do nowadays if I had to date again. Back in the 80's when I was young dating was simple.and cheap at least for me. A movie ticket was $3.00 a person bucks and maybe another $5.00 would get a nice size popcorn and 2 drinks. After the movie maybe a couple of slices of pizza and a couple of drinks another $10.00 or less. It was simple. I never went on dates with people I didn't know.
If you were dating today, you could still take a date to the movies and out for pizza. Hopefully you have more money now than you did in the 80s.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:02 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,639,592 times
Quote:
If you were dating today, you could still take a date to the movies and out for pizza. Hopefully you have more money now than you did in the 80s.
I guess I could but damn pizza now is not cheap lol. A movie ticket is also pricey unless you do Netflix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships