Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 01:42 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
She was a former, foreign mail-order bride (Vietnamese nail tech). Only married 3 years, so...thusly, a green card marriage. So obviously a user. Hell, she was demanding to see the health code record on the restaurant we went to.
You had dreams of rescuing a former mail order bride from her fate as a nail tech? You're 40-ish, but you find lots to talk about (by phone/text, at least) with a mail-order nail tech? Did she have higher education back home, or something, and couldn't parlay it into a job here? What did you have in common to talk about with a nail tech from Vietnam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 02:03 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
We already discussed mail order brides (before the topic was closed) and in that topic many of the dangers of mail order were expressed. The #1 problem is disingenuous people who have in mind only a free trip to US and US citizenship, and as soon as they are eligible for alimony they bail and file for divorce.

It's just a bad idea. However if TT's lady is as pretty as mine I can totally understand his interest. Mine calls herself "exotic" (in her OLD profile) and she was totally correct! Exotic and beautiful! Even better, I doubt she would ever be interested in marriage (she has 4 adult children) and I'm certain I would never marry.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
We already discussed mail order brides (before the topic was closed) and in that topic many of the dangers of mail order were expressed. The #1 problem is disingenuous people who have in mind only a free trip to US and US citizenship, and as soon as they are eligible for alimony they bail and file for divorce.

It's just a bad idea. However if TT's lady is as pretty as mine I can totally understand his interest. Mine calls herself "exotic" (in her OLD profile) and she was totally correct! Exotic and beautiful! Even better, I doubt she would ever be interested in marriage (she has 4 adult children) and I'm certain I would never marry.
OK, so now we know TT's motives: she's hot. Thx for that insight.I'm assuming you and your exotic lady have no trouble finding conversation topics, though.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:24 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
I'll just add that discussing the race or national origins of women, or men, seems kind of unecessary in most contexts, this being one.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

Terrific, then can we drop the whole "women are sooo demanding and shallow and they make emotional rather than reasonable choices and they base their dating decisions on looks when they go on OLD!!!" thing we keep hearing on here?

We should sticky this travesty of a post.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Terrific, then can we drop the whole "women are sooo demanding and shallow and they make emotional rather than reasonable choices" thing we keep hearing on here?

We should sticky this travesty of a post.
The secret is out: men are the "emotional" ones.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:58 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I'll just add that discussing the race or national origins of women, or men, seems kind of unecessary in most contexts, this being one.

Yeah, I completely do not understand this at all. How is it relevant?

Old 10-12-2018, 04:14 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
It's also kind of telling.
But I'm not telling.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:31 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,716 times
I’ve always felt that the first date, or first few dates should be as simple and inexpensive as possible. Meeting somewhere for drinks or just sitting and talking in a public place. Save the expensive stuff for when you’re actually in a relationship and you’re celebrating a milestone like an anniversary or birthday.

Although I want a relationship I find dating or just trying to get a date mentally exhausting. Women are so picky and judgemental, and now thanks to the internet they can be even more picky and judgmental. No one is forced to meet anyone organically anymore. He’s too short, swipe left. Her boobs are too small, swipe left. He doesn’t make enough money, swipe left. Unless you have a lot of money or a very charming personality, (which I have neither), then your chances of success with women are very low, (not impossible though),.

Unless you’re a certain “type” of guy there’s very a little in the dating game for men. Same with marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships