Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 02:20 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueplanet123 View Post
I feel like she may have been pissed off and it does sound weird the way things worked out but I am happy now as weird as that sounds.
I am going to try and talk to her.
Right. You're happy because you're absitively posilutely convinced you've finally found happily-ever-after with this new woman.

You know, giving yourself a little wiggle room about being so sure could be helpful to you in the long run if it all goes south. Of course, think positively. Give it your best. But unless you've found a crystal ball in the last few days, you don't know.

We'll see, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 02:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Blueplanet, she was probably lonely and got excited about the prospect of having a boyfriend. You two can still be friends but not before she finds herself a boyfriend. Until then, let her set the pace on how much she wants to talk to you as a friend.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:34 PM

69 posts, read 24,322 times
With each day that passes I feel deeper for this woman and I know we have a future.

Maybe Emily was lonely. She always texted me back immediately, never seems to have much social plans but then she has been ill. Maybe I let her become too dependent on me too.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:50 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
'Sigh' I didn't ghost her, I went quiet over a short time but I haven't cut her out.
It's all speculation as to if she has feelings for me too. That must be remembered

You're apparently ghosting her now. I've asked twice now if you had talked to her about and since you REFUSE to answer I'll presume you haven't. Yet you've had plenty of time to yap about it here for the past three days.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:53 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
Quote:
'Sigh' I didn't ghost her, I went quiet over a short time but I haven't cut her out.
We know. LOL. But you drastically altered the frequecy of contact without explanation... that's ghosting-lite LOL

Quote:
With each day that passes I feel deeper for this woman and I know we have a future.

Maybe Emily was lonely. She always texted me back immediately, never seems to have much social plans but then she has been ill. Maybe I let her become too dependent on me too.
Dude. DON'T DO THIS. Don't make any assumptions about her feelings or motivations, especially not self-serving or pitying ones (poor Emily is just too attached to me!). Don't speculate on ways it might be her fault she could be upset.

I know the idea she might be upset or might judge you is uncomfortable for you, but that's YOUR problem, not hers. You already made it hers once when you avoided her over it. Don't do it again now by popping up being condesceding or subtly blaming her for being upset, if she even still is.

Just own that you did a crappy thing, apologize, and take it from there.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:

Yes, but she did the same with you in return. The only problem is, you didn't want Emily for more than a friend, but she wanted more. When these situations come to light you have to back off and let the one with the stronger feelings do what's right for them.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:10 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:

I smell cognitive dissonance ALL THROUGH this post. You feel this NOW, but you don't know for sure if it'll last. Something could happen tomorrow and rip you two apart. You're too caught up in your own world to see reality, YOU MESSED UP. Just take the L and hold it. Don't be condescending...

"Aww Emily got too attached and fell for me....poor thing."

Ugh that is nauseating.....Just HOLD this L dude.

Please.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:20 PM

Some people here seem to think you are imagining all this. (feelings Emily has for you, etc)
That maybe Emily only wants to be platonic friends and isn't upset at all. Is that a possibility, Blueplanet? Really think about it.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:27 PM

69 posts, read 24,322 times
I have said all along I don't think Emily has feelings for me or that I would be surprised if she did.
That said, I do know she is upset as she is barely talking to me, looked upset and didn't text me a happy birthday. She has pulled back for sure and is clearly not happy but I will talk to her.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I have said all along I don't think Emily has feelings for me or that I would be surprised if she did.

Okay then so why are we here?

(I get confused easily)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships