Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2018, 09:12 AM

4,414 posts, read 3,476,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees099 View Post
Over the weekend he told me that he wanted to give us another chance and see what happens over the next 3 months. He told me he didn't want to rush things and he wanted to see if we could make things work. We went to the cinema on Sunday and we were acting like a normal couple, he wanted to hold hands and kiss me. But this was the best things got, since then he's been cold and distant all week hell occasionally kiss me in the middle of the night or when k leave for work on the morning, but he's gradually stopping
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

I just want to shake this kid. He's cruel.

Agreed. He knows how to push J's buttons for sure.

And J -- you know he has turned on the charm plenty of times before only to act abusive seconds later. There's a whole history of this. Sweetness and then poison. Is this what you want in your life?

Quote:
We only have 1 bedroom.

This morning he was in bed and I was leaving for work...
He heard I was leaving and he called me from the bedroom

He said
"J... Are you leaving now?"

I told him that I was and he's like "oh i hope you have a nice day. See you later"

Why's he doing that?

He just messaged me asking if I'd like him to cook anything for our dinner.

Why's he doing that??

Because he's manipulative. He is playing you like he has for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Cathy View Post
Jessica,

I've been there. It feels like part of your body has been cut off. It's bewildering and painful but the fact is, as enmeshed as you were, you are two different people, two different souls, with two different outlooks, needs and now desires. It's over, even if he holds out little shreds of hope, cruelly, for his own convenience, it's over. Neither of you were ready for what you had started.

Take it from a woman that has lived 75% of my life: In the end, if you will allow it to help you mature, you will see how all if this was just an event that had to happen for you to find out who you are and for you to redefine the terms of your life. You will eventually find someone who will treat you better when you treat yourself as someone that deserves to be treated with respect. You will find interests and passions outside of your relationships that will make you interesting and whole. It will be painful and bumpy and hard work but it's worth the trip.

If you have a girlfriend that you can couch-surf with for the short term until he gets out I would do this but he has to move out given everything you've written. You can't stay this way for a month or more for his convenience and your unwillingness to part.

I agree with how it feels. It is awful to realize that someone you've poured your heart and soul into doesn't feel the same way. It feels like your insides have been ripped out. But trust us, this will pass and once you stop focusing on HIM and focus on your own life you will reap the rewards. You are young and you have your whole life ahead of you. I promise.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:27 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,867,667 times
Quote:
Over the weekend he told me that he wanted to give us another chance and see what happens over the next 3 months. He told me he didn't want to rush things and he wanted to see if we could make things work. We went to the cinema on Sunday and we were acting like a normal couple, he wanted to hold hands and kiss me.
But this was the best things got, since then he's been cold and distant all week hell occasionally kiss me in the middle of the night or when k leave for work on the morning, but he's gradually stopping
He needs a place to live for a couple months so he's stringing you along. He might even have convinced himself he's "giving it a try" but realistically, he's just not logically ready to move out yet.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:47 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
Maybe I missed something but with all of OP issues, maybe he's just sick of it all...

Old 11-02-2018, 11:15 AM

271 posts, read 157,333 times
I just lost my job guys

Old 11-02-2018, 11:20 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Of course.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:21 AM

What do you mean? I mean I've been able absolute mess at work today, I guess the company just didn't want me to represent them anymore.

I'm on my way home now, I won't be going back to work on Monday. My boyfriend's at the flat. He worked from home today.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:23 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,660 times
You need to ditch this guy. He is not good for you mentally. Let him go and be someone else's problem. Life is too short for all of this aggravation.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:28 AM

192 posts, read 110,058 times
Quote:
I just lost my job guys
I'm very sorry to hear that...Can imagine now the situation is even harder for you. Didn't follow up with the whole story but I know he wants to break up. Be strong and be firm to him, also, you can take a rest for a weekend and start looking for another job.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:28 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
J, what is your family situation? I think you said they don't live in London?

Are you on speaking terms with your parents?

Old 11-02-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
J, what is your family situation? I think you said they don't live in London?

Are you on speaking terms with your parents?
Yes, I spoke to my mum and dad yesterday. We're on good speaking terms.
They don't live in London, they live in a small town about three hours away by car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships