Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 05:33 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees099 View Post

Here we are - Alex and Jessica.
We usually go by the nicknames A and J, at least that's what we've always called each other.
Dont miss your therapy sessions, Jessica

Old 11-01-2018, 06:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
At least their kids. There is hope for a future where they get healthy. Lots of us were wrecks when we were kids.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:55 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,168,309 times
Stop with the teasers and just tell us what happened.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:13 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Stop with the teasers and just tell us what happened.
I agree. Jessica, you've never had a problem writing long posts about what's going on before.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:33 AM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,782,526 times
You look like a nice couple, but it's probably best for everyone to move on.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:49 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,439 times
They look alike. Wow.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:09 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
You look like a nice couple, but it's probably best for everyone to move on.
She probably has no intention of moving on and at this point likely just loves the attention here. Oh, there's trouble brewing--dude likely truly wants to leave--but she's forever in Disneyland and will hold on for dear life. Expect her future posts to fill us in on everything he's doing to alienate her as she repeatedly asks 'what can I dooo???????'

Old 11-01-2018, 12:18 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,954,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
She probably has no intention of moving on and at this point likely just loves the attention here. Oh, there's trouble brewing--dude likely truly wants to leave--but she's forever in Disneyland and will hold on for dear life. Expect her future posts to fill us in on everything he's doing to alienate her as she repeatedly asks 'what can I dooo???????'
It's like that line from that old film The Women - "A woman's paradise is always a fool's paradise."

Old 11-01-2018, 12:34 PM

271 posts, read 157,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I agree. Jessica, you've never had a problem writing long posts about what's going on before.
He still wants to break up to be honest. That hasn't changed.

He got back from Vietnam on friday. He told me not to meet him at the airport even tthough we had planned to do this. He arrived back at our flat after travelling back from the airport by himself and initially I knew that something was very wrong. It was like he was a new person, I didn't recognize him. It was unnerving. He wasn't at all pleased to see me, he was very cold and didn't want to hug me, kiss me or even catch up with me. He immediately just starting unpacking his bag (I think to divert his attention away from me). I was sitting on the sofa at this point, watching him and feeling so confused. I thought that he may have cheated on me (this crossed my mind as soon as he got back) he was so different. He would barely even look at me. After he unpacked his bag and sorted through all of his clothes, he came to me whilst I was still on the sofa and he said this to me:
"I don't know if I've told you this, but I'm going to be quitting my job on Monday. I'm going to be handing in my notice "
I was so shocked, please bare in mind I hadn't seen him for a month and it was very late (around midnight). He arrived back to our flat at about 23:00.
So after he told me this about his plans to quit his job, I knew something was wrong... I started to get the feeling that things werent about us anymore.
He then went straight to tell me that he wanted to break up from me and be his own separate person. He told me that he wants to continue travelling and that he no longer has any romantic feelings for me. He told me that he still loves me for who I am, but he's lost that romantic Spark. He told me that whilst he was travelling in Vietnam, he didn't think of me and it made him realise that he wasn't happy with our relationship and his life back home with Me.
I was devastated, in so much shock and I think we talked some more and then went to bed (in the same bed) but we were like strangers sharing a bed. Very very painful as I was so excited to be reunited and I'd been waiting a month to see him ☹️

This is just Friday night after he got back from the airport, a lot more has happened since then, I'll update you in the next post.

Last edited by palmtrees099; 11-01-2018 at 12:43 PM..

Old 11-01-2018, 12:53 PM

1,078 posts, read 938,736 times
I’m not terribly surprised, but I’m glad he was honest with you when he got back and talked it out quickly. That’s s good thing. He’s at a good age to travel and change jobs and whatever else, and while I know this has to be painful for you, hopefully it is a clean break and a fresh start to work on your own future and goals and health as an individual. That way when you DO find another guy, you can be your best and healthiest self and have a more satisfying relationship. The two of you just were not a good match and, to my knowledge of your history on here, never have been.

But the biggest issue of all is your own self confidence and stability and I’m SO HAPPY you will be seeking counseling. That is a wonderful, health promoting choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships