Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 07:10 PM

818 posts, read 456,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
She needs to get a job and support herself. That's NOT your responsibility. Truly, if she was absent from her place of employment to the point that she was let go, why would you consider her a good candidate for a relationship? Sure, if you want to take on the role of provider, then that's great, but it does not sound like you do. She's an adult and needs to provide for herself. I'm concerned that she is trying to inch her way toward you becoming financially responsible for her. Is that okay with you?

I would think long and hard before I let her move in with you as it might be very difficult to get her out if things don't work between you two. Protect yourself and tread lightly.

Well , it is all a caution of mine that's for sure no matter how close we are or how much she loves me , that can all be faked by some for sure l mean it's such a time thing to trust after everything else.
Even giving in emotionally , my guard is still up l admit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 07:21 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk101 View Post
Yeah.
We've talked plenty. She's a damn hard worker too even when she's here she helps in my business , done heaps to the house, gardens.
But l'd still rather she was independent. l just think it's healthy both doing your own thing and would def' help the finances if it was two of us. l mean if we were married or for some reason later on she couldn't get work or worked in my business instead or whatever sure l wouldn't mind supporting her but now is too early for that.
She's fine with it all herself but she has spent a lot herself coming and going too and now she's in this sitch.
Her job up there nah she had some leave in store and took some other time off as well agreed with the boss but thing's meanwhile also slowed down more for them and they put a few others off too, it might've happened anyway, we're not sure. One reason they didn't mind her taking time off earlier they didn't have as much work on anyway.l should've explained the whole picture on that one.

l've got my daughter here and a business, a better place than hers too so we decided it's better she came down it's where we'd live later anyway if we did.
l have gone up there a few times too but with my sitch l can't keep doing it.
Be pretty pointless her getting her own here and doubles expenses. The idea was she'd move down anyway if we went on, even work in my business if we wanted or she gets a new job but well there's all that stuff but l also l just need more time on this.

Damn rock and a hard place.
See the bold above. She has planned to get what she wants now, not later. Who takes enough leave to get fired unless they have a good back up plan?

Old 02-03-2019, 07:23 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,291 times
Well, sure; all of your words and feelings make perfect sense if you've been burned before (like most of us). Just be careful, hawk. It's just that something does not sound right here with her--2 + 2 is not equaling 4. Time is on your side and your friend if you let it be. If she loves and trusts you, she will wait until you feel more comfortable with taking the next step. Don't be manipulated or guilted into moving faster than you feel comfortable with. Inch by inch, life's a cinch; yard by yard, life is hard. Slow down, turbo.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

So ... you've basically agreed, for all intents and purposes, that her coming there makes more sense and is more doable, but now that push comes to shove, you're having second thoughts.

Is it, though? What is it you're really afraid of?

And you say you've talked about everything, but have you actually said to her, "I'd feel better about moving into the future with you if you were more independent here."

Like l said , it's just a lot sooner than we planned . Yeah we've talked about all that even back at the start and that l think it's too soon right now. We earlier figured actually mid 19ish , and we'd think about her moving down. But right now we've only had 3 and a bit mths actually together at this stage. Not enough.
So it'd be a leap of faith at this stage, something l'm a little short of these days if l was 25 l'd just take it , buttttt, not crazy about leaps of love faith these days.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:38 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
actually sounds like my dreamgirl.
You like irresponsible woman. Ok.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Well, sure; all of your words and feelings make perfect sense if you've been burned before (like most of us). Just be careful, hawk. It's just that something does not sound right here with her--2 + 2 is not equaling 4. Time is on your side and your friend if you let it be. If she loves and trusts you, she will wait until you feel more comfortable with taking the next step. Don't be manipulated or guilted into moving faster than you feel comfortable with. Inch by inch, life's a cinch; yard by yard, life is hard. Slow down, turbo.

Thanks for that appreciated m and l've gotta jot down that saying to btw , pretty real really.
But yeah , trying , it's just that she'll either have to get a new job now or move down .
l mean if all was 100% and we're both ready to rock just move down is the easiest all round, she should be able to get new work here pretty easy in her business. Buttttt, never do know.
lt's more emotionally for me right now tbh, l just don't wanna land in something so new , so full on , l want inch by inch right now.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:43 PM

7,453 posts, read 4,686,150 times
OP, why not chivalrous and be the one who drives 12 hours to her place? Why do you let her drive over 12 hours?

Old 02-03-2019, 07:51 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Three months is nothing.

I agree y’all need to slow down. I would not let any assumptions build on her part.

Speak up if she mentions housing or job going forward.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:02 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
You like irresponsible woman. Ok.

No I like women who don't put me behind everything else, after dating a few workaholic women the opposite would seem like a breath of fresh air.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
OP, why not chivalrous and be the one who drives 12 hours to her place? Why do you let her drive over 12 hours?

Have done yip it's all in the other post.She flies down btw, doesn't like driving long distance.

But it's a lot more complicated if she stays up there too now.

Cheers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships