Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 10:14 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,777,904 times

Advertisements

I think I've only been broken up with clean and clear once and he never contacted me again. A few guys either ghosted me and came back or half-assed the "relationship" (can't call it that because we weren't really committed) and we had a falling out and came back and I had usually moved on by then. Sadly enough, I'm usually the person to break things off and then regret it and wish we could make it work and try and get back with them. I think I've only been turned down once but I really need to stop trying to fix something that's beyond fixing anyway. The second, third, fourth, however many times will never end up working out. I've also had one guy still text me after I broke things off. I couldn't understand it but I think he just wanted to be friends. He added me on FB after we broke up and sent me friendly texts, never asking me to come hook up or anything. We had only dated for two months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2019, 10:41 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times
No one that has dumped me has contacted me. However, one woman that has ghosted me "resurfaced". She just kept staring at me, and I just ignored her.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:54 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Only happened a couple of times.

Old 12-23-2019, 07:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Don't ever go back. Its mentally stressful.

Old 12-24-2019, 05:17 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,563,927 times
Had two of my past relationships where she left and wanted to come back. One was so toxic I literally couldn’t hang up fast enough....the other I possibly would of gone back with except seems like he got married with some guy and she was in the process of getting a divorce from a bad marriage and IMO was looking for a life raft.

Glad I dodged those life piercing bullets.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:17 AM

277 posts, read 773,810 times
I've had this happen too. I think it's more along the lines of a woman wanting a booty call, and may not be comfortable enough to be open about it. Plus she feels safer with someone she has a history with.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:19 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,254,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Are you holding out hope, OP? I hope not.
Yep.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:22 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
I think it's probably rare that a person who decides they are done with a relationship, will later want to go back. I don't know, but I think it's probably finished for good when they break it off.

Old 12-26-2019, 10:33 AM

179 posts, read 357,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brz85 View Post
Just curious on others experiences. Over the last 4 years I've had 4 women break up with me only to contact me a few months later.

All 4 gave me the generic "I'm not sure if I want a relationship right now" excuse or something along those lines when breaking up with me. One did have ex drama.

Probably the most interesting one was the first one who contacted me after 5 months of no contact to apologize to me. I told her there was nothing to be sorry for and I hope she was going good. An hour later she texts me inviting me to meet her at a bar. I do and she ends up coming home with me and we have sex that night and then again in the morning. She left and I never hear from her again. Definitely did not see that one coming.

How about you?
I have technically ended all relationships...

1.In college, dated a girl for a few months and decided to end it because her parents were going to cut her off because I was not Nigerian. They were at least respectful about it. lol

2. A girl that I dated for close to a year that had a daughter from a past boyfriend. Once I found out her and the child's father were still having a romantic relationship, I ended it.

3. my ex fiancé. Found out she was unfaithful shortly before wedding.. ( Luckily!) She claimed she would have never ended it ( duh) so she pretty much made it easy for me though..

4. A long time friend I had back in high school. I slept with her once right after my break up with ex fiancé.. and she just got divorced right before we slept together. It was bound for disaster.. I ended it due to glaring incompatibilities. We considered a relationship since we knew eachother before and had an attraction, but there were too many differences that would not work once we actually examined the possibility closer..

And now I am happily married with 2 step children. And I have no plans of ending this relationship. lol

--B

Old 12-26-2019, 11:47 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,948,107 times
It happened to me once she found out I was dating someone more attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships