Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 08:47 PM

242 posts, read 252,042 times

Advertisements

Would rather date another man than move to east coast

I had trouble in my hometown of 600, and really it was just because I didn’t want to date someone I grew up with..

Denver and SoCal? Dating was a breeze, I honestly don’t get why people complain about it. I wish I met my wife like 2-3 later, I was having a blast but decided she was pretty cool so I had to lock her down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2021, 10:12 PM

17,221 posts, read 57,151,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So tired of seeing those maps. If West coast urban areas are so bro-dominant, why are average and attractive 20- and 30-something women gong dateless in Seattle, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, and other similar locales?

Check out Santa Fe, NM, guys--that little red speck in upper-middle New Mexico! Also the Upper midwest: Michigan!
The winter weather there is way beyond what I am willing to put up with, even if it meant I would have 10 10's chasing me around for NSA sex, all the time.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:52 PM

1,438 posts, read 737,374 times
Quote:
So tired of seeing those maps. If West coast urban areas are so bro-dominant, why are average and attractive 20- and 30-something women gong dateless in Seattle, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, and other similar locales?

Check out Santa Fe, NM, guys--that little red speck in upper-middle New Mexico! Also the Upper midwest: Michigan!
well having lived in Seattle the only single women are the ones that don't want to date this guy. as he is 70% of males in his age group(20- and 30-something) there.

Mod cut: Copyrighted image.

Having lived in different parts of Silicon Valley and San Francisco for work most of the young men(20's - 30's) with good incomes in the tech fields are trying to live out their anime fantasies(seemed every 4th tech worker I met had a girlfriend that resembled the woman below) lol the rest are similar to the Seattle guy above selling coffee for a living or gay lol. plenty of younger women in complain that all the guys they would want to date are dating each other lol

And in LA the below photo is a group of 6's & 7's (9's & 10's anywhere else in the country) so all these women in LA may be dating convenience store, fast food or cellphone shop assistant managers. In other words there are so many attractive women in LA that JUST being kinda attractive does not carry as much weight as it does in other parts of the country. in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Mississippi, Kansas(some of the fattest states in the country), any one of these girls would have guys wrapped around their finger.

But that's the difference between men and women most men are good with a woman who is reasonably attractive, faithful and easy to get along with, so men do better when the ratio has more women.

Women factor in a much larger checklist that has nothing to do with love(education, career, benefits, neighborhood they live in etc etc) to the point where even in places where men outnumber women, women will still complain there are no datable men.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-12-2021 at 09:39 AM..

Old 03-10-2021, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrov View Post
Would rather date another man than move to east coast

I had trouble in my hometown of 600, and really it was just because I didn’t want to date someone I grew up with..

Denver and SoCal? Dating was a breeze, I honestly don’t get why people complain about it. I wish I met my wife like 2-3 later, I was having a blast but decided she was pretty cool so I had to lock her down.
Well in most of the east coast women aren't as judgmental about your car status, I own a car but just thinking about those times between cars. and yes Denver, Portland and Seattle have the most down to earth non-materialistic women of anyplace I've been, but SoCal is good for hooking up but they are materialistic when it comes to long-term .

Old 03-10-2021, 05:12 AM

603 posts, read 575,273 times
1. Quantity doesn't always equal quality.
2. People may marry and settle down at younger ages in some areas of the country compared to others.
3. Total # of eligible men and ladies is a subset of total # of males and females.

Old 03-10-2021, 03:22 PM

12,791 posts, read 15,031,263 times
Well, this is new to me! For as long as I can remember, there were always more women than men in this country beceause a lot more men faced things such as being off in the millitary, being incarcerated, getting killed due to risky/daredevilish behaviors, etc.)

Ah, so now there are finally more men. Well, from what I see out there, there needs to be TONS more respectful, chivalrous men w/ old-fashioned values out there. So just the fact that there are more men may not mean much...if many are scumbag losers, who wants them?! Now I'm not some manhater. I just don't see nearly enough high caliber ones out there from what I see when out & about.

Old 03-10-2021, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingrightalong... View Post
1. Quantity doesn't always equal quality.
Actually it does, in the sense that you are more likely to find a quality mate if you have less competition for said mate. I don't believe in "soulmates" but there are a finite number of women who I would find attractive And they find me attractive, who have similar likes and interests AND don't already have a boyfriend(as I live in one of those BIG blue circles) lets say 1 in 1000 women would be a good match for me and we would equally be happy with each other, and lets say 2 in 1000 men have similar taste in women as me because there over 40,000 more single men than single women the odd's of me finding a compatible woman who is not currently dating someone is rather low, now flip those stat's where there over 40,000 more single women than single men then my female counterpart will more likely be unattached if I happen to run into her as she is the one with competition, or she will zero in on me in a social environment if she overhears me talking about a mutual interest. (it used to happen alot more when I lived in one of those red bubbles lol)

Quote:
2. People may marry and settle down at younger ages in some areas of the country compared to others.
It may be why the map looks different when you separate by age beside the fact that women live longer on average.

Mod cut: copyrighted image. Here's a link: https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/eE5-...t_IyxGph.0.gif

Quote:
3. Total # of eligible men and ladies is a subset of total # of males and females.
except women tend to move around more, even on dating sites women are more likely to check the "willing to relocate" box. if you added married people to that chart some of the bubbles would change colors.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-12-2021 at 09:43 AM..

Old 03-10-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Well, this is new to me! For as long as I can remember, there were always more women than men in this country beceause a lot more men faced things such as being off in the millitary, being incarcerated, getting killed due to risky/daredevilish behaviors, etc.)

Ah, so now there are finally more men. Well, from what I see out there, there needs to be TONS more respectful, chivalrous men w/ old-fashioned values out there. So just the fact that there are more men may not mean much...if many are scumbag losers, who wants them?! Now I'm not some manhater. I just don't see nearly enough high caliber ones out there from what I see when out & about.
Well you are still correct if you separate by age by 50-60 it flips for the reasons you mentioned, more males are born every year, but men tend to have more things stacked against us we are even 8 times more likely to die at work, and we tend to be under more stress in general which shortens our lives, and men are more likely to commit suicide infact the biggest spike in suicide are males 35-55. as we are told we aren't needed for the last 40 years, and yes chivalry is dying because it's not appreciated like it was in our grandfather's time. very few women are "lady like"

Mod cut: copyrighted image. Here's a link: https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/eE5-...t_IyxGph.0.gif

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-12-2021 at 09:44 AM..

Old 03-11-2021, 12:25 PM

316 posts, read 171,930 times
Quote:

Gender ratio's do matter, but the most germane gender ratio is the ratio in your actual specific dating pool. You can be at the same university and if you are male student studying engineering its a lot more difficult to meet women in your classes than if you were a male student studying psychology. Same college, but different dating experiences because of a difference in majors. Similarly while there are more young men than young women on in the bay area. If you lived near Mills College in Oakland (around that neighborhood) there was way more women then men because Mills College is an all women's college.

Some career choices and as a result friendship networks can be overly skewed toward one gender. Female elementary school teachers often have problems meeting single men, because there is way more women than men working in elementary schools. Male programmers have the reverse problem.

The insight of this is that if you are looking to meet people participate in activities that you enjoy or at least tolerate that skew toward the other gender. So if you are a guy go volunteer or learn to dance because those are activities that tend to have more women then men and if you are a woman seek out activities that have more men than women, maybe visit a car show, sign up for a gun safety introduction to fire arms or some other activity that you like better that skews male.

Now one other thing I wonder about in San Francisco and Seattle at least is the effective heterosexual dating ratio. Yes there is a lot of men in these places, but a lot of the men are gay. At least in the City of San Francisco there seems to be a lot more gay men than lesbians, its the lesbians who seem to be found more in the East Bay.

Old 03-11-2021, 12:51 PM

928 posts, read 501,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileSauceCritic View Post
Well you are still correct if you separate by age by 50-60 it flips for the reasons you mentioned, more males are born every year, but men tend to have more things stacked against us we are even 8 times more likely to die at work, and we tend to be under more stress in general which shortens our lives, and men are more likely to commit suicide infact the biggest spike in suicide are males 35-55. as we are told we aren't needed for the last 40 years, and yes chivalry is dying because it's not appreciated like it was in our grandfather's time. very few women are "lady like"
Truer words were never spoken. Its getting worse and worse if you're objective enough to see it, which most people don't seem to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships