Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 01:11 PM

8,158 posts, read 3,626,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileSauceCritic View Post
That's only a contributing factor if someone is racist in their dating practices lol and that is becoming less and less of a problem.
Racial preferences will always exist in dating and typically they are not seen as being racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 03:03 PM

1,454 posts, read 745,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Racial preferences will always exist in dating and typically they are not seen as being racist.
Preferences are not, but requirements of racial purity are(and sound very familiar "mein Freund"). and I doubt they will always exist. as interracial marriage and dating continues to become more common there is an increase of Biracial people who don't look Biracial.

below is a photo of Kit Shapiro, the biological daughter of Eartha Kitt she looks like a typical white woman, but legally she is African American as her mother is black. as this becomes more common racial selecting makes little sense as you can't always tell by looking.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:09 PM

242 posts, read 253,360 times
Quote:
Well in most of the east coast women aren't as judgmental about your car status, I own a car but just thinking about those times between cars. and yes Denver, Portland and Seattle have the most down to earth non-materialistic women of anyplace I've been, but SoCal is good for hooking up but they are materialistic when it comes to long-term .
Eh, people are pretty much the same everywhere IME.

Easier to go by towns instead of regions. Plenty of humble, down to earth chicks in several Inland Empire cities. Yeah the rich/pretentious ones in OC and LA are probably looking for someone in their social class. Ha

(My) Preferred Weather/Landscape >>> Dating.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrov View Post
Eh, people are pretty much the same everywhere IME.

Easier to go by towns instead of regions. Plenty of humble, down to earth chicks in several Inland Empire cities. Yeah the rich/pretentious ones in OC and LA are probably looking for someone in their social class. Ha

(My) Preferred Weather/Landscape >>> Dating.
I disagree, unless you are at either extreme (butt ugly, awkward and broke or handsome charming and successful) dating will be the same where ever you go, but for every level or combo in between the extremes, local culture & male/female ratio will make or break your dating odds

like if your in some economically depressed rustbelt town with significantly more women than men, all a guy has to do is have a menial job be a good person and not too ugly and he can have a cute girlfriend or wife.

Mod cut: posting personal pictures of other people
That same guy moves to to a mid sized to large city in the Midwest and he will enter dating hell.

Last edited by Mikala43; 03-12-2021 at 08:40 AM..

Old 03-12-2021, 07:42 AM

8,158 posts, read 3,626,285 times
Quote:
Preferences are not, but requirements of racial purity are(and sound very familiar "mein Freund"). and I doubt they will always exist. as interracial marriage and dating continues to become more common there is an increase of Biracial people who don't look Biracial.

below is a photo of Kit Shapiro, the biological daughter of Eartha Kitt she looks like a typical white woman, but legally she is African American as her mother is black. as this becomes more common racial selecting makes little sense as you can't always tell by looking.
I mean, there are racist people who date, sure. And yes they will always be there, to varying degrees. And there will always be racial preferences among some people when it comes to reproducing. I've seen white, asian and black parents who only wanted their kids to have offspring with other white, asian and black people, for example. Just because they might guess someone's race incorrectly sometimes doesn't mean they won't exist. But overall someone with a preference isn't seen as being racist. We have the right to be attracted to or to reproduce with whoever we want to regardless of social expectations and/or pressure from friends and family. You'll hear that whenever someone raises an objection to an interracial couple or whenever someone comes out as gay or bi and it applies to people who date within their own race as well.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:41 AM

52,427 posts, read 52,966,367 times
Quote:
I mean, there are racist people who date, sure. And yes they will always be there, to varying degrees. And there will always be racial preferences among some people when it comes to reproducing. I've seen white, asian and black parents who only wanted their kids to have offspring with other white, asian and black people, for example. Just because they might guess someone's race incorrectly sometimes doesn't mean they won't exist. But overall someone with a preference isn't seen as being racist. We have the right to be attracted to or to reproduce with whoever we want to regardless of social expectations and/or pressure from friends and family. You'll hear that whenever someone raises an objection to an interracial couple or whenever someone comes out as gay or bi and it applies to people who date within their own race as well.
I've been on this forum a long time now and every so often we'll get a thread or a conversation about race and interracial dating and there is always a certain percentage of people that mistake preference for X or Y as being racists and when in reality it can be far far from that.

I don't understand how some people can't seem to grasp this very basic concept. I think the filter of preconceived ideas and/or baggage must effect how the brain processes data.

I don't know. I'm fond of saying that two things can exist at the same time.

I may prefer x over y, but also find nothing inherently wrong with y.

Just like I'm searching now for a Challenger or a Charger, sort of landing on a Charger, but there's nothing inherently wrong with the Challenger.

Just to extend the analogy/metaphor or whatever.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
And like I said a preference is not racist, a requirement is. like I tend not to be attracted to fat women, but I have seen fat women who I thought were attractive( the rare ones who are proportionate that don't have round chubby faces), so I have a thin preference but not a thin requirement.

A preference is basically a tie breaker, a requirement means a whole group is locked out. but the ones who feel that the most are those who are usually the ones most often locked out, just ask black women and asian men.

Old 03-13-2021, 08:28 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,383,751 times
Quote:
Now the map below only shows midsized - large cities but it shows that in the majority of the country men are at a disadvantage in the dating world, at least based on options(the more options you have the more picky you tend to be), it's one of the reasons why someone can have no troubles dating and then move somewhere else and becomes lonely and can't get past a 2nd date, or the opposite people who couldn't get laid in a whorehouse with a fist full of hundred dollar bill's moves to another city and all of a sudden has a full dance card.

Now there are also other factors, like local politics, local culture, like a neohippy stoner dude will do okay in Denver, Seattle, Portland or Austin even though men outnumber women in those places, because that's a big chunk of the local culture and that culture leans female.
I've experienced something like that. I didn't even go outside of town, I just went into another part of town. I'm in one part of town and I'm pretty much either nobody or an annoyance. Another part of town, I'm struggling to find time for myself.

Quote:
That's only a contributing factor if someone is racist in their dating practices lol and that is becoming less and less of a problem.
I wish I could rep you more than once in a row.

Yeah, different areas are going to have their own cultures. Of course people are going to have their preferences, but the good news is there are plenty of people with different preferences.

Old 03-13-2021, 04:24 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,023,875 times
Good heavens! I live in an immense dead-zone between two man-sandwiches!

Old 04-03-2021, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Good heavens! I live in an immense dead-zone between two man-sandwiches!
so you lived in san Francisco?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships