Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:10 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I think they are hoping you will suddenly HAVE to have them, right there on the front door mat. EWWWW.

My guess is this guy is feeling like he needs to get laid more then anything. SOME PEOPLE out there think a good lay would answer everything that is wrong.
Do you think he may be trying to seduce me?

Giving me gift's, writing songs, complimenting me on my looks...I'm starting to put it together now. He has casually mentioned maybe a sleep over (just as friends), which I declined of course. He just want to go to bed, doesn't he? Maybe he thinks I will be the cure to his pain. Is he wanting friends with benefits? That's ewwwww.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
I seriously doubt this guy has cuddling in mind.

My guess is that even though he is just now getting divorced, its been some time since they did the bone dance.
I'm not bone dancing with him. That's for sure. The Bone dance? Is that what you kids call it these day's?

Yes, he's actions and words would classify as someone who is starved for affection.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Oh, my, what a revelation!

Quote:
Giving me gift's, writing songs, complimenting me on my looks...I'm starting to put it together now. He has casually mentioned maybe a sleep over (just as friends), which I declined of course. He just want to go to bed, doesn't he? Maybe he thinks I will be the cure to his pain. Is he wanting friends with benefits? That's ewwwww.
Actually, you'd be lucky if he's just after sex, which I highly doubt myself. Wake up! The guy would love to hang on to the leg of your pants (not panties, but pants - as in trousers) like a toddler! Based on what I hear, he'd be much more interested in that than in sex. You have 2 kids - no need to adopt another one!

Old 05-13-2008, 09:25 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,443,393 times
Quote:

He suggested a sleep over?
oh my god, this is giving me the creeps just reading it.

I'll bet you if he found you in a weak moment, like after a couple drinks, he would pounce. I would tell him to move on before you sic the dog on him.

That reminds me EXACTLY of that older man I had a hard time getting rid of.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, my, what a revelation!

Actually, you'd be lucky if he's just after sex, which I highly doubt myself. Wake up! The guy would love to hang on to the leg of your pants (not panties, but pants - as in trousers) like a toddler! Based on what I hear, he'd be much more interested in that than in sex. You have 2 kids - no need to adopt another one!
Ohhh all I wanted was a friend, how did I attract this craziness?

Now I get it. Where have I been? He wants someone in a similar situation to lick wounds with and do the chicken dance all in an attempt to distract himself or us from feeling the grief that comes with divorce. That's it, wow, well no thanks, I can lick my own wounds...

Old 05-13-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
He suggested a sleep over?
oh my god, this is giving me the creeps just reading it.

I'll bet you if he found you in a weak moment, like after a couple drinks, he would pounce. I would tell him to move on before you sic the dog on him.

That reminds me EXACTLY of that older man I had a hard time getting rid of.
Yeah a few times. Something like this.

"You know, now that my wife's not living here if you and the girls ever want to spend the night, I have a spare bedroom." LOL (this really isn't funny is it?) That is pretty creepy. I respond with this.

"I don't think that's a good idea" Then he say's "You're so grounded, you always bring me back to earth" Me, thinking...Yeah I've got it together, that's why I keep you around so that you can keep telling me that.

He also introduced me to his kids as his "best friend" (we've known each other about a month), and then later gave me a long hug in front of them. Not cool, dude. Seriously, we got together for a "playdate" he's a SAHD, no big deal right? WRONG. No wonder I was uncomfortable. Sometimes you need to step back from life to really look at it. I've got to make some changes here.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
I can lick my own wounds...
That's right - lick your own wounds! Good thing neither of you is officially divorced and the law protects ya. How many miserable subsequent marriages have been started by licking wounds together or by wounded and saviors... probably as many as children conceived by "oops" withdrawals. When you're vulnerable all of sudden you may become delusional and see a "soulmate" before you... Because no matter how strong you appear to be, you know you're vulnerable, too.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's right - lick your own wounds! Good thing neither of you is officially divorced and the law protects ya. How many miserable subsequent marriages have been started by licking wounds together or by wounded and saviors... probably as many as children conceived by "oops" withdrawals. When you're vulnerable all of sudden you may become delusional and see a "soulmate" before you... Because no matter how strong you appear to be, you know you're vulnerable, too.
Ah yes the soulmate, what's that called when your out in the desert and you're really thirsty and you see a body of water in the distance, but it's not really water, it's still sand? That's what I think you're describing.

Yes I have my weaknesses...if we were talking about my yoga instructor I may be singing a different tune.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Ah yes the soulmate, what's that called when your out in the desert and you're really thirsty and you see a body of water in the distance, but it's not really water, it's still sand? That's what I think you're describing.

Yes I have my weaknesses...if we were talking about my yoga instructor I may be singing a different tune.
Yep, soulmates and mirages could be filed under synonyms. That's the most bitter and expensive drink of water ever, particularly if one decides to share it with the city hall... If you're gonna drink it, drink it alone and don't sign any paperwork... But as I said, you're still protected by the existing paperwork! Perhaps now IS a good time to get it out of your system!

Old 05-14-2008, 02:37 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,443,393 times
Quote:
Yeah a few times. Something like this.

"You know, now that my wife's not living here if you and the girls ever want to spend the night, I have a spare bedroom." LOL (this really isn't funny is it?) That is pretty creepy. I respond with this.

"I don't think that's a good idea" Then he say's "You're so grounded, you always bring me back to earth" Me, thinking...Yeah I've got it together, that's why I keep you around so that you can keep telling me that.

He also introduced me to his kids as his "best friend" (we've known each other about a month), and then later gave me a long hug in front of them. Not cool, dude. Seriously, we got together for a "playdate" he's a SAHD, no big deal right? WRONG. No wonder I was uncomfortable. Sometimes you need to step back from life to really look at it. I've got to make some changes here.
He wanted you and your daughters to sleep over? Thats even MORE creepy if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships