Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2022, 12:00 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,245 times

Advertisements

To cuddle with someone you've got to feel some actual affection for them. Its an affectionate act. Maybe there is still some hard feelings for him due to your bad parting. He may be willing to have sex with you but just isn't feeling it enough to want to cuddle.

But of course you have to ask him because all we can do here is make guesses.

Old 01-01-2022, 12:13 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,873,766 times
Only he knows. Maybe he is interested in someone else and it's starting to show. Besides, why should cuddle with friends?

Old 01-01-2022, 12:57 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
To cuddle with someone you've got to feel some actual affection for them. Its an affectionate act.
not necessarily. There are professional cuddlers too now that don't involve being affectionate. It depends on the needs or wants of an individual.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/

http://cuddlesanctuary.com/professional-cuddler/

Old 01-01-2022, 01:11 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
not necessarily. There are professional cuddlers too now that don't involve being affectionate. It depends on the needs or wants of an individual.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/

Professional Cuddling

Some people might do it as a job or a service.

But in a non paying situation like OP's, my best guess is, he cuddled before because he enjoyed it. I doubt she was paying him. He doesn't cuddle her now because he doesn't enjoy it now. Maybe because the motivation (affection) that usually drives someone to want to cuddle, just isn't there now.

Old 01-01-2022, 03:11 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,951,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anirtakwishes View Post
Me and my FWB started sleeping with each other again 9 weeks ago after not seeing each other for 4 years due to a bad parting and me getting in a relationship.
The first 7 weeks were great. Amazing sex and he was always affectionate with me like we’d never been apart.
I always stay the night in his bed. We’d always end up having sex before we fell asleep and he would always touch, kiss and cuddle me in the morning as we woke up.
The last two nights I have a slept there he hasn’t touched me when we’ve been in bed. No spoon during the night, no cuddles in the morning. Nothing! It’s all just stopped and he gets straight out of bed.
The affection has still been great before we get in bed however.
The first time I put it down to him having a bad nights sleep due to a leg injury and the second time he said he felt rough due to having a cold but I’m not convinced. Should I ask him about this as it really bugging me. Something is off.
Isn't the whole point of that just to have a boink once in a while with no strings attached?

Old 01-01-2022, 03:53 PM

255 posts, read 146,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
To cuddle with someone you've got to feel some actual affection for them. Its an affectionate act. Maybe there is still some hard feelings for him due to your bad parting. He may be willing to have sex with you but just isn't feeling it enough to want to cuddle.

But of course you have to ask him because all we can do here is make guesses.
I agree, especially when it comes to men. I find that men typically cuddle with people they have affection/feelings for. Sounds to me like once the initial excitement of sleeping with the OP wore off, he stopped feeling the need to cuddle.

Old 01-02-2022, 04:57 AM

34,092 posts, read 83,000,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Isn't the whole point of that just to have a boink once in a while with no strings attached?
The issue seems to be the people who don't like to think of themselves as someones Mod cut. or their SWNS easy lay...
so they gravitate to the "nicer" sounding far more treacherous to actually maintain ... FWB.

Earlier in the thread I inserted a link. Did ANYONE actually read it? Do that now.
https://www.craigslist.org/about/bes...262749422.html

Casual Definitions Of Casual Sex

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-08-2022 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language; circumventing the filter.

Old 01-02-2022, 06:44 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,954,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anirtakwishes View Post
I understand the mean of FWB but my concern is why was the cuddling so prevalent at the start and went without saying, to all the sudden nothing.
And he’ll cuddle me on the sofa but has stopped doing it in bed. That’s what’s confusing.
So ASK HIM.

There isn't one person on this forum who can answer that question because none of us are your FWB.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:05 AM

7,593 posts, read 4,165,130 times
You already talked when he told you he had a cold. I am guessing you asked about the change in his behavior. I would back off and give him a chance to decide if there is a conflict worth resolving.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:47 AM

318 posts, read 177,025 times
I think many women want the cuddling just as much as sex in a FWB "relationship". I know that's something I want. Due to my busy life with kids/work I don't really have time for a relationship but I still crave a certain level of intimacy. The last guy I was with, the reason I quit getting together with him is because after sex he would just get up and go to his livingroom to watch tv so I'd leave. I'd always drive home feeling unsatisfied. While the sex was good, it felt incomplete with the cuddling afterwards. If the OP is feeling unsatisfied because of the lack of cuddles or conversation I think it's time to quit him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships